• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOCKING NEWS: Final Fantasy X for PS3/Vita is an HD Remaster, according to Square

Crub

Hope this sell good enough for them to release more HD ports like Kingdom Hearts and FFXII. Don't care much for X.

Svafnir

I have played every final fantasy but 10 and 11, so I will be picking this up. Feel like I've missed out never having played it.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
They should get it out the door as fast as possible so they can move onto something far more important; FF XII HD remaster.

As a PAL gamer I dont give a shit. I want a copy of FFX that's not 50hz and doesnt have black fucking borders.

I always get depressed when I fire FFX up and then see how crap they made the PAL version. Tidus runs so slow like he's quick sand. :(

I'd like to know how they'll deal with X's CGI and pre-rendered backgrounds.

When you play FFXII in widescreen mode they just leave the cutscenes at 4:3 with borders, they'll probably do the same I guess. Don't know about the few pre-rendered backgrounds though.

I always get depressed when I fire FFX up and then see how crap they made the PAL version. Tidus runs so slow like he's quick sand. :(

LOL, my cousin gave me his US FF8 and it was a revelation, couldn't believe how fast Squall ran.

Madridy

How many Final Fantasy games can be played on the VITA?

I mean if I wanted to play through the whole franchise from the first one till FFX on the VITA, which games can be possibly obtained digitally or otherwise and work on the VITA?

On top of my head:
PSone:- FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX - on PSN
PSP:- FFI & II, FFIV: complete - on PSN

Am I missing anything?

EDIT: I mean Mainline Entries.

Erasus

Now go release the international version of FFXII in HD. It looks great in 1080p on emulatorm just do it!

On top of my head:
PSone:- FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX - on PSN
PSP:- FFI & II, FFIV: complete - on PSN

Am I missing anything?
Final Fantasy V, VI, Tactics, and Tactics: The War of the Lions are also available on the PSN. Unfortunately, you won't be able to play PS1 Classics on the PS Vita at launch.

Madridy

Final Fantasy V, VI, Tactics, and Tactics: The War of the Lions are also available on the PSN. Unfortunately, you won't be able to play PS1 Classics on the PS Vita at launch.

Oh ya forgot about V (which is free this week for PS+ :D) & VI, and sorry I didn't mention it: I meant only the Mainline entries.

Shame about the PS1 classics not being compatible at launch, but eventually the VITA can be the Go-to machine for the Final Fantasy classics (Digitally).

EDIT: Digital FF classics.

StuBurns

Banned
I never understood why some people thought it was a real remake, but cool to see the confirmation. Hopefully it'll be out sooner rather than later.

Oh ya forgot about V (which is free this week for PS+ :D) & VI, and I didn't mention it: I meant only the Mainline entries.

Shame about the PS1 classics not being compatible at launch, but eventually the VITA can be the Go-to machine for the Final Fantasy classics.
GBA, unless classics includes VII onward.

edit: (probably does)

I hadn't even really entertained the idea that it would be anything else. I don't really mind anyway as that's really what i want from games like this anyway.

I do not expect HD CGIs because the 360 version probably won't be able to store them on a single DVD. The only reason I could see it happen is if the game is released full price (70€) and 360 gets 2 DVDs. I hope that the backgrounds will be HD though...

Eusis

I do not expect HD CGIs because the 360 version probably won't be able to store them on a single DVD. The only reason I could see it happen is if the game is released full price (70€) and 360 gets 2 DVDs. I hope that the backgrounds will be HD though...
Did they even say there'd be a 360 version? Though Vita's damning there anyway with near-HD resolution and 4 GB carts.

StuBurns

Banned
Why do you expect a 360 release at all?

DNAgent

Banned
I'm assuming it will be $40 too. If they were doing a HD port then why not add another game to it? It should be FFX & FFX-2. I'm definitely skipping this.

I mean as many as possible all the way to FFX, and sorry meant can be obtained Digitally.
I will agree if they give us something better than the PSOne Classics for V-VI. Would love the Complete treatment, or just the originals coded from scratch for the PSP or Vita.

HD Remasters are never system sellers.
Not to any large or lasting effect, anyway. 3DS got a bit of a bump with OOT 3D, but the next week it was back to business as normal.
2011-05-23

StuBurns

Banned
My bad then. I really thought SE was in in full third party mode. Everything is 360/PS3 nowadays so I thought this was the same for FFX remaster. Sorry guys.
Nothing to be sorry about. The reason I don't think there will be a 360 version is they've already gone multiplatform with the series, when they announced XIII-2, they confirmed 360 at the same time as PS3, it wasn't some secret held till later. Also, and probably the bigger issue, is Sony co-marketed FFX, and published it in Europe. The exclusivity deal was probably very tight.

I'm not saying it's not coming, but I'd be surprised.

But even worse than the 360 DVDs, the PSV game carts are really small. I do still hope they redo the CG though. It'll look like dog shit next to the real time HD stuff.

Green Yoshi

I expect that game to look quite well on a Vita screen.
The European version of the game had some serious flaws, I am looking forward to play it without these flaws.

VerTiGo

Banned
Meh, FFX is what led me to stop caring about the FF franchise. I'd be interested in a remaster of FFXII like others. I picked up a used copy a few years back but I had a backwards compatible PS3 at that point, now I no longer do so hoping I gt the opportunity to give it another shot some day.

Top Bottom