• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Me and my friend have ragged on Mickie James since she's come back. How she looks like one of those moms you find at a bar who's on last call who should be at home taking care of her kids.

She looked GOOD out there for looking like an "old lady"
Mickie Old needs to retire

Zach

Reminder that the last time they tried to build Lesnar Reigns, this was the best they had:

BMAWquZ.gif

1ldiJ3I.gif
Noooooo.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I know, it'll just be a one time thing but I'm into Braun and the Cruiserweights.

Or a short-running Braun/Neville tag team since it looks like neither's going to be in any title picture for a while. Have Neville do a Red Arrow off of Braun.

Oh, and of course Bray/Finn is still a thing, we've got Hallowe'en next month thing of all the "spooky" potential on offer.

how can bray finn be a thing, Finn beat him clean twice, demon and no demon. Like, why would there be a third one?

and "because WWE" doesnt count damn it ;_;

The Enzo and cruiswerweight stuff confuses me. Who was meant to be the heel? To me Enzo is the heel. But the WWE didn't do enough to make the crowd boo him because despite his shitty cheating ways, they still cheered for him. So when Neville beat him up that was a face move, but the crowd didn't know what to do because he's meant to be a heel. I'm not sure what they're going for.

Enzo is an asshole backstage so they are punishing him severely but they don't want to lose merch sale so they gave him the title and let him keep his face catchphrases.

Will it work? Who knows...

I don't need to unblock excel or half a moon and read a bunch of bad posts to know they're bad, and
You don't need to watch 3-5 hours of that... thing every week to be allowed to express your criticism.

Want more examples? Okay, if you hated the first hour of LotR, you're probably going to hate the next 8-9, and will definitely feel the same about the 9 or 10 of the Hobbit. If you couldn't get through the first half hour of the first campaign of RE6, the next 45 of all four campaigns won't change a damn thing

No other place or organization in the world gets as much ridiculous benefit of the doubt and levels of amounts of excuses as WWE. Guaranteed

I don't need to unblock excel or half a moon and read a bunch of bad posts to know they're bad, and

Want more examples? Okay, if you hated the first hour of LotR, you're probably going to hate the next 8-9, and will definitely feel the same about the 9 or 10 of the Hobbit. If you couldn't get through the first half hour of the first campaign of RE6, the next 45 of all four campaigns won't change a damn thing

No other place or organization in the world gets as much ridiculous benefit of the doubt and levels of amounts of excuses as WWE. Guaranteed
You blocked me because I said sexy star wins the myc. Jokes on you.

Beefy

One of the biggest things that keeps me watching WWE is I can watch it live. I can't watch NJPW etc live, because of the time difference. I just find live events better then watching recorded.

Foggy

I end up having a great conversation with klonere over this and you waltz in at he end to shit on me for no reason... Classy.

Coming from someone who just shit on people and accusing them of complaining for sport and how they just love being negative. You don't have some moral high ground just because you like something.

One of the biggest things that keeps me watching WWE is I can watch it live. I can't watch NJPW etc live, because of the time difference. I just find live events better then watching recorded.

I have a sub to NJPW World and I agree with you. Live is so important for pro-wrestling.

Sephzilla

Obligatory GWF pimping. Tomorrow, people!

A7EtD92.png

GWF 8: The 4th Quarter
Date: Wednesday, September 27th, 2017
Time: 7:00PM Eastern/6:00PM Central/12:00AM London
Where: Live from the Z-Pak Zone on www.twitch.tv/sephzilla - Replay will be available on YouTube

t1506553200z2.png

DOUBLE MAIN EVENT

Pre-Show Match (Tune in early to catch the action!)
Proteus vs korly vs UrbanDandy vs Sweeney Tom
Friend Proteus makes his GWF debut against three respected GWF superstars! What way to kick off the night

Tag Team Match
Tom Nook & RecRoulette vs FlammableD & Hasney
Nintendo Certification meets up against the new British Invasion of GWF! Will this match have implications in the GWF tag division? Watch and find out!

Singles Match
giancarlo123x vs serenewarfare
Smack talk following GWF7 prompted what ended up being a matchup of two GWF newcomers.

Hardcore Match
Sinatar vs Sephzilla
After feeling like he was robbed in his opening match, and was being dodged by the boss, Sinatar has finally gotten his request for a no-holds-barred contest against the boss himself.

Triple Threat Match
DMczaf vs Pikma vs FallingEdge
A match that includes three GWF superstars whom the front office is very high on in the World Title picture. Rumors are swirling that the victor of this match might get pushed to the front of the GWF World Title picture.

Main Event Part 1
Hell in a Cell GWF Tag Team Championship Match
The New Nation of Domination (Bronx-Man & Kornflayx) vs The Huggers of Destruction (Zach & Biggest-Geek-Ever) [C]
Beefy is banned from ringside! The grudge match from the hottest feud in the GWF tag division. This time there will be no outside interference and everything goes in this tornado tag match inside a Hell in a Cell

Main Event Part 2
Hell in a Cell GWF B+ Championship Match
Tall4Life vs RBH [C]
The latest, and potentially final, chapter in what has by some been considered the greatest feud in GWF history. These two have crossed paths multiple times dating all the way back to GWF1, with Tall4Life winning the first two confrontations at GWF1 and GWF4 respectfully. RBH planned his retaliation well, however, first by interfering in Tall4Life's GWF5 match. Following that, RBH's first victory over Tall4Life ended up costing Tall4Life the GWF B+ Championship in a triple threat match at GWF6 when RBH pinned the champ clean in the middle of the ring. Following a title defense against Syder at GWF6, RBH and Tall4Life will once again renew their epic rivalry this time in the confines of Hell in a Cell.

Side notes
-- This match card was written up about a month ago but got postponed for life reasons. Since I was originally wanting smaller and more frequent shows, that's why the GWF World Title is absent from the card
-- Main event for GWF9 has already been determined to be Professor Beef vs BewareTheBatsie
-- Tall4Life and Beefy are the last former champs who get rematch clauses

I just find live events better then watching recorded.

This is fair. I have a bunch of content to watch, including shows that come back this season, so I never mind watching stuff recorded (Probably gonna miss the Rick and Morty finale and/or Vice Principals this week because of that) but I definitely understand preferring the live experience

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE is fun, most of the time. If it wasn't, I wouldn't watch.

Beefy

This is fair. I have a bunch of content to watch, including shows that come back this season, so I never mind watching stuff recorded (Probably gonna miss the Rick and Morty finale and/or Vice Principals this week because of that) but I definitely understand preferring the live experience

Why I hardly watch NJPW, I like it more but no way will I ever be watching it live unless they are in the US again. My sleep schedule ia fucked up enough aha.

Raw64life

I definitely agree with live > recorded. On the rare occasion when I'm actually up early/late enough to watch NJPW live I'll watch the whole thing. But I usually can't watch it live and when I do, I skim through the undercard, and even during some of the bigger matches I'll skip around a bit when I feel like nothing's happening. For example, during an obvious rest hold, or right after a dive on the outside when I know the next 30 seconds is just gonna be them on the floor, I'll just skip a bit. Live keeps you more engaged.

But WWE has been shitty enough lately that even when it's live, I'll have it on my TV but I'll be doing something else while it's on in the background. Sometimes I'll have it on the TV and I'll see something mentioned in this thread and I'm like "wait, what just happened" and I'll have to rewind a bit because I was doing something else.

Draxal

They like his merch sales

I mean, i just don't understand what they're doing unless its like Tarpit Carnivore and its soom long con to make him a sympathetic face.

They like his merch sales so they make him a heel, and not a cool heel like the NWO, but a heel that nobody wants to buy the merch for?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Making a Shield reunion will probably get Roman back over as a face, easy. It'll work. Best plan.

Would love the Shield reunion in full.

how can bray finn be a thing, Finn beat him clean twice, demon and no demon. Like, why would there be a third one?

and "because WWE" doesnt count damn it ;_;

Oh I don't think there's a good reason for it continuing feud-wise. But I imagine they saw Hallowe'en coming up and saw that Bray vs DEMON KING Finn would make for a "great" "Hallowe'en Horror" match or whatever they could call it. Maybe throw in Goldust now he's involved and call it the "Hollywood Hallowe'en Horror" and throw in some film parodies/references.

So I suppose my answer is still "because WWE". I'm sorry :(

Coming from someone who just shit on people and accusing them of complaining for sport and how they just love being negative. You don't have some moral high ground just because you like something.

That wasn't like you know a serious statement... unless you honestly think I believe some of y'all are conspiring off board.

I mean, i just don't understand what they're doing unless its like Tarpit Carnivore and its soom long con to make him a sympathetic face.

They like his merch sales so they make him a heel, and not a cool heel like the NWO, but a heel that nobody wants to buy the merch for?

They might not actually be making him a heel... they're just be punishing him while hoping it won't hurt his merch sales...

I feel the same way about live shows. Its kind of the opposite for me though. WWE being live at 10AM on Mondays for PPV then 10AM on Tuesday and Wednesday. NJPW shows usually start at around 5-8PM here.

Top Bottom