• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOTS FIRED: Activision launches red turtle shells at Nintendo with Blur commerical

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
jibblypop said:
...and yet Mario Kart is the series that has been getting guys laid for almost 20 years now! :D

Wait what? Mario Kart hasnt got me laid. What kind of bullshit is this? I want my lay.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Liked " Racing is about making friends!" :lol

not a huge fan of "race like a big boy"

Funny, but could have been better. Show why Blur is fun.

Banned
Didn't Activision directly compare Blur to mario kart in one of their conference calls, or am i thinking of a different game.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Nice commercial, best game commercial in a while

amtentori said:
Liked " Racing is about making friends!" :lol

Since when has Mario Kart made anyone anything but bitter enemies and caused feuds in what were otherwise happy families?

ZeoVGM

Banned
The very small amount of people here who can't take a joke suck so much.

On that note, Blur is fantastic and everyone should buy it.

I like it because its very clear what the game is. Its a racing game in the style of Mario Kart. :lol It also reminds me of the olden days were commercials poked fun at other games.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
pakkit said:
The guys are Go-Nintendo are freaking out about this. :lol

I thought it was funny.

Dude, you should make reading their comments section a regular past time. It gets me my daily laughs.

RMC now posts HD Wii/GCN shots only once a day at the most because there were tons of people flipping out that his posts were promoting piracy, that it was about graphics whores, and that because a HD Wii didn't exist that the shots were pointless.

Throw in numerous people claiming their games looked just as good as the HD shots and well...you get an idea of the kind of community that makes the website home.

Not to knock it, because if you filter through the biased opinions that sometimes invade news posts its a fantastic round-up of quotes and news without having to trawl through IGN and co, but holy crap does it have the worst community ever.

Nintendo fans will not put up with this! ACROSS THE WORLD THEY ARE UNITING!

5854 4800 3463 1484, 7731 7583 9815 9815, and 6872 6272 6506 4897 are already spamming the Activision forums! Help them my brothers!

Codeblue

I have only ever lost friends due to Mario Kart.

I thought the commercial was funny. They should have stuck more game play in there though, it doesn't do the game justice.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
... because unlike Mario Kart, Blur will be fun without being frustrating, without those blue shells and shit that punishes you for doing well, and because kart racing needs a shakeup...

Race like a big boy, bitches. :D

MisterHero

oh yeah well fuck you activision

2a85dl1.jpg

it was still funny

You know the commercial would've made more sense if there was a Wii version so Wii players can race like "Big Boys".

It's a good funny commercial nonetheless.

EatChildren

Real gamers know there's only one true racing game anyway.

4jq644.jpg

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I have played the Blur beta, and I will be dammed if I don't admit that Blur will make me break my ban on Activision games.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Select quotes from a certain Nintendo website.

Reggieisgod said:
I agree RMC, f*** this game.

King_of_Link said:
F-cking a******! What gives them the right to call Mario Kart a kiddy game! It's not a kiddy game, it's fun, and thats what video games are all about! Blur was on my maybe list, but now it's on the don't buy list.

D3stiny_Sm4sher said:
F*** that attitude. Video games that feature multiplayer are NOT about winning. They're freaking GAMES, and games are about having fun.

Reggieisgod said:
Activision produces nothing but s*** like Guitar Hero 204 and Call of Duty 20554 and treats their employees like s*** (Infinity Ward situation anyone?)

It's like they enjoy to be hated. I'd like Bobby Kotick to just die already, he's ruined enough.

MailToad94 said:
So lame. As if Blur will ever be remotely as good as of the Mario Karts. In fact, Blur is pretty bad, go get Split Second instead.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Blur beta pretty much set many skeptics straight, now the only question is if it will have a huge community to support it, and if Activision markets it well enough.

Fan of all Bizarre Games here, they are truly some great developers up there in Liverpool. I have faith in them, but I feel like this isn't going to sell without an expensive marketing campaign.

thcsquad

It said there were two spots. I only saw one.

I hope the first one isn't what most of this thread is calling 'awesome'. 'Lame' and 'Shut it, Pinky'? It sounds like it was written by a twelve year old boy. This kind of commercial could be funny (and effective) if its at least a little bit tongue-in-cheek, like Crash Bandicoot at NoA HQ.

enzo_gt said:
Blur beta pretty much set many skeptics straight, now the only question is if it will have a huge community to support it, and if Activision markets it well enough.

Fan of all Bizarre Games here, they are truly some great developers up there in Liverpool. I have faith in them, but I feel like this isn't going to sell without an expensive marketing campaign.
Ah crap, I didn't even realize this was a Bizarre Creations game. Now I pretty much have to look into it. I loves me some Bizarre.

AniHawk

Man I could not stand PGR (well that's not true, i did give it a couple hours of my time, but it's still a racer), but I liked the Blur beta. Maybe a little too dark and sometimes it was hard to see what was going on, but it was cool, and the upgrade system was nice. It's like someone saw Mario Kart and decided to make it into a video game.

Commercial was funny. I miss the pissing contest commercials.

Top Bottom