• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shots fired from Insomniac?? Maybe? I don't know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyjoejoe

Neo Member
Designer here. Spent 5-6 minutes looking for this font and couldn't find it. I would bet the Insomniac Team built their logo and font from scratch, or based on existing fonts but heavily modified.

There are plenty of "Sunset Overdrive" fan fonts that have been made on dafont and 1001freefonts.

Man, what's up with Sony? They were on fire for almost a year, then--suddenly--I'm becoming more and more disappointed with what they are doing. It feels like Nintendo is the only one of the three to be doing things right. Never thought I'd say that in 2014.
2015 better bring some improvements mannnnn

this is weird
Mate. They used a font.

The only similar character is the 'O', the brush strokes are way more pronounced on Sunset's. Is it even their font?

Erm, I would say all the letters are exactly the same with the same strokes. The only difference is the sale ad is sorta slanted? But the E, D, T, are exactly the same.

Ishida

Banned
Man, what's up with Sony? They were on fire for almost a year, then--suddenly--I'm becoming more and more disappointed with what they are doing. It feels like Nintendo is the only one of the three to be doing things right. Never thought I'd say that in 2014.

this is weird

jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif

Someone at Offtopic forums was asking about "Concern trolling". Well, here's a perfect example right here.

Woffls

Certainly wouldn't put it past Sony to use media assets associated with a Microsoft game for their own marketing....

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Lol It's the exact same font only the PSN one is in italics. This is only really an issue if the font was designed by the sunset overdrive team, otherwise it's just a font.

As I said in the other thread, sheer desperation from Sony to try and associate their brand with wht will be the biggest game of this year.

I don't blame them, they have precious little else to market the rest of the year.

Ya everyone is talking about Sunset Overdrive in the gamer-sphere.....wait what?

Jomjom

Banned
That and the backwards N

I missed that! Yeah that's a DEAD giveaway.

This is so blatant that I think it's gotta be intentional. They are probably just purposely and indirectly helping out a developer that they were previously (and still) very close with. Both Xbox and PS4 (potential Xbox buyers) will see this "controversy" and maybe look for news on the game due to curiosity.

Hoo-doo

Banned

this is weird

I can't stop laughing right now.

this is weird

I can feel your concern over a font...

madp0k

As I said in the other thread, sheer desperation from Sony to try and associate their brand with wht will be the biggest game of this year.

I don't blame them, they have precious little else to market the rest of the year.

The biggest game of this year? Are you batshit mental?

this is weird

Ok time to use a font for our halloween sale

*red phone rings*

Kaz: USE THE SO font that will show them.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Oh shit. You were there when this happened? And you didn't stop the intern?

Obviously not, but when you have a widely distributed font available for use, I don't think Imsomniac has any right to get salty or call out a company for using it in their banner.

This is a sign of a desperate Sony, hoping to subconsciously suggest to us that Sunset Overdrive is coming to PS4. You know, because all those people are really hyped after playing the last Sunset Overdrive game.

FluxWaveZ

this is weird

Um...

Right.

Einbroch

Banned
Obviously not, but when you have a widely distributed font available for use, I don't think Imsomniac has any right to get salty or call out a company for using it in their banner.

Oh, they can, and it's funny. But that's all it is. Anyone who thinks that Sony is "taking a shot" or "trying to get on the SO hype train" are stretching.

this is weird

hehe

Yes, because a graphics web design intern who used the font not paying attention represents all of Sony and their intentions right?

Because that graphics web design intern uploads immediately to the blog without going through anyone else, right? Right, champ? So defensive over something so random.

this is weird

I know, right? All this using the wrong font is really disappointing me at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom