• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2012 Edition

Solid07

Banned
Well here goes. First up my current setup:

Living room

v0MHx.jpg

Looks like an advertisement out of a magazine. Very clean and simple. Thanks for sharing.

guest1321

It seems like you have put a lot of time into the planning on that shelf and it definitely shows! Nice work man.

I want to have my media library like that one day but I do see some astethic drawbacks to it that I am trying to work around. I feel like large shelfs have the ability to make the room feel smaller and often times when I see media all together it looks messy. It is absolutely one of the better ways to display and store stuff so I'm not knocking yours or others design by any means. I just think that when you have cases that vary in color and they are all next to each other it gives it a cluttered feel.

Either way though, nice set up.

The setup in our living room. It's pretty bare bones - Xbox 360, PS3, TV (with a cable box and Apple TV thrown in for good measure.

XTl8g.jpg

Crappy iPhone pic of my game room. Smaller TV, so I rarely end up playing anything in here.

aPoDT.jpg

And my main game cabinet. I gotta find a new solution real soon, as the entire thing is completely filled already and that's only with my Xbox 360 games...all my other stuff (PS3, PS2, etc) have been relegated to a janky closet until I can figure out a better solution.

4IGLK.jpg

IrishNinja

some incredibly sharp shots here! really comfy sofas too, though i don't understand how some of you have them and still have PC's in the same room, must be an accident.

i love my ikea shelf thing for the consoles & TV, but i wish i had one that was 3 tiers tall, while still open-ended/open-air for circulation, hard time finding one as tall & long as i'd like that's not a fortune too.

Tabris

@KoreanBarbecue:
Where did you get that cabinet that all your 360 games are in? I'm loving the frosted glass doors!

That's a Billy Bookcase with frosted glass doors from Ikea. I used to have it before I changed it out for black/white with clear glass.

8dcRA.jpg

What kinda shelves are those for your media?

I did indeed make them myself. I would tell everyone to make some for themselves if they have ambition. If you have a drill already, you can literally go to home depot and buy the wood necessary to make these, along with all the paint/stain supplies for under 300 bucks.

They sell 1"x6"x 8' pine planks for 18 bucks each, that you can get cut in half (for free) to make 2, 4' shelves. Then just use some 1"x8"x8' (about $23/ea) for the top and bottoms. The sides you can buy, 1"x6"x6' for about $19.00 each.
The back pieces are only 10 bucks each (I had him cut them in half so they fit in my car).
You would need 7 shelves cut into halves (plus minus 1 1/2"), 4 sides, 2 tops (cut in half), and 2 backs to build the one I built. Or save 150 bucks, and just get enough for a 4'x6' shelf.

He made them apparently! Impressive stuff.

Thank you very much!

If anyone is interested in doing a shelf, I would be happy to send you the design plans for these. You can always edit them to your liking. I will be adding some frosted glass doors in the future to mine. Took us about 10 hours to assemble them both. More time staining.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
FoxMcCloudDS-

Great work on the media center. But are those shelves secured into the backing somehow? If they're only attached at the sides, planks that long and thin, holding as much weight as they are, are going to bow like crazy over time.

FoxMcCloudDS-

Great work on the media center. But are those shelves secured into the backing somehow? If they're only attached at the sides, planks that long and thin, holding as much weight as they are, are going to bow like crazy over time.

yeah, the back is secured to each shelf with nails. I went with 2, 4 foot shelves instead of 8 foot shelves and support around the sides/middle. I do have a plan if they do start to bow though. That is why I left a bit of space between the media and top. But I think the nails should do the job ;)

donkamio

Neo Member
hey guys- as mentioned previously i've been loving this thread for a number of years so i thought i will contribute some pics of my bachelor pad. i've recently moved in and am really enjoying having my own place. it is an 2bed apartment in england- the architectural layout is relatively conservative. as you may tell i am more of a music lover rather than a hardcore gamer/movie lover but want to add a racing simulator next.

living room

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

kitchen

study

bedroom

more photos here;

http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o45/donkamio/

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
a really tasteful and beautiful flat, congrats on it, donkamio.

Edit: and a Yachtmaster in gold? Porsche? what exactly is your profession?

hey guys- as mentioned previously i've been loving this thread for a number of years so i thought i will contribute some pics of my bachelor pad. i've recently moved in and am really enjoying having my own place. it is an 2bed apartment in england- the architectural layout is relatively conservative. as you may tell i am more of a music lover rather than a hardcore gamer/movie lover but want to add a racing simulator next.

living room

IMG_2788.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

Very nice place. The only thing I don't like are the patterned rugs. Look a little out of place.

guest1321

I wanted the pictures to stop. They just kept coming though. Good lord man; way to make a guy feel pretty damn inferior.

Much respect for the Mondrian love

What's with the monitor sitting on the stool. Please tell me that stool does not contain a computer.

Riggs

Banned
I am honestly embarassed to show you guys my set up after some of these pictures, you guys have some really nice set ups and flats!

Anyway my computer is in my living room at the moment so my 24" LCD is just sitting in bedroom. I did zero effort to clean anything before taking these pictures so feel free to judge me.

Just moved in so nothing on my walls yet lol.

5szxV.jpg

EOKDs.jpg

oCZ4K.jpg

6tExY.jpg

rhhZA.jpg

Tunic

A lot of these setups are so amazing! I am hoping to get a new TV later this week to replace my 42" 720p plasma and contribute to this thread. I am happy I got my account approved in time to share my upcoming purchase. Like others have said I always enjoyed reading and viewing the photos in this thread.

Ryan_

I am honestly embarassed to show you guys my set up after some of these pictures, you guys have some really nice set ups and flats!

Anyway my computer is in my living room at the moment so my 24" LCD is just sitting in bedroom. I did zero effort to clean anything before taking these pictures so feel free to judge me.

Just moved in so nothing on my walls yet lol.

5szxV.jpg

The Diablo 3 wallpaper makes everything right ;-)
Seriously, don't be ashamed to post your setup. Everyone has to start somewhere!

Riggs

Banned
Seriously, don't be ashamed to post your setup. Everyone has to start somewhere!

Thanks man, I had probably 60 + 360 games but traded them in over the last year. Also did not include any of my old school consoles (NO room to put them anywhere on display!)

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
That raises an interesting question: how old are some of you with ridiculous setups? if I find out you guys are like 19, I'll probably drown myself for being so lame.

Riggs

Banned
A lot of these setups are so amazing! I am hoping to get a new TV later this week to replace my 42" 720p plasma and contribute to this thread. I am happy I got my account approved in time to share my upcoming purchase. Like others have said I always enjoyed reading and viewing the photos in this thread.

Welcome to GAF! New here myself, looking foward to seeing the new set.

living room

IMG_2674.jpg

What's your hifi setup? Speakers, tv, processor/amp, etc.

Philll

Banned

I wouldn't be ashamed if I were him to begin with, it actually looks like one of the best on the last few pages. The TV is closer (without a distance separated by too much furniture), do some people actually play as far away as they're showing? That would be horrible. It looks like somebody's setup who actually plays the games rather than a set piece for people to look at

Hellish

Starting the transition from SLI 480's powering 5760x1080 at 60hz

to

SLI 680/780's powering 5760x1080 at 120hz

6751422633_5822bd20b8_z.jpg

Nicest stand on a non-ips monitor I have ever used in my life

... sold my 3x asus vh236h & other gtx 480 today, now when the new cards come out ill sell the other and pick up 2 more benq xl2420t

Riggs

Banned
I wouldn't be ashamed if I were him to begin with, it actually looks like one of the best on the last few pages. The TV is closer (without a distance separated by too much furniture), do some people actually play as far away as they're showing? That would be horrible. It looks like somebody's setup who actually plays the games rather than a set piece for people to look at

Hey thanks man appreciate that : )

Also nice set up's @ the two new posts, I wonder how much I could get for my 1 GTX 480 these days. Probably be lucky to clear $100. Upgrading to kepler whenever that comes out.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Hey thanks man appreciate that : )

Also nice set up's @ the two new posts, I wonder how much I could get for my 1 GTX 480 these days. Probably be lucky to clear $100. Upgrading to kepler whenever that comes out.

Naaah, you can probably get more than that. I sold my 8800 Ultra when it was like... about 3 years old for $150-200. Probably best to try and pawn it off on forums like hardforum than heading straight to the 'Bay.

Top Bottom