• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2013 Edition

Zajora

I kind of want more pictures of your room, tis pretty!

Thank you, but that's pretty much the whole thing. The wall not visible in the panorama only has the door and the closet. Not very exciting!

Instead, here's a phone-picture of my cat:

ibiPF5Z0BN8k7q.png

(I think he was unhappy because I woke him up)

Charmamba

Neo Member
First time posting my setup after admiring so many on here, got ages to go before I can actually say it's complete and having kids means it takes even longer.

1378825271.jpg

dubq

Still re-organizing the games.. will post pics of those once they look niiiice. Until then, some more of my TV with newly installed back-lighting:

1175140_209936625834972_1725184477_n.jpg

1185462_209936195835015_2130474770_n.jpg

dubq

I abandoned TV audio when I got a sound bar.. that being said, I still want to upgrade to a full sound system one day. I do use Pulse/Elite headphones when I'm playing co-op games though.

pheonix991

Neo Member
Going to be building my desk into the closet. White desk/shelves. Pretty excited.

The flooring I ordered:

[IM]http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/816281/816281009843lg.jpg[/IMG]

BenQ XL2420T, Samsung S23A750D. Both 120Hz :p

I'll warn you, you'll have heat radiating from that closet if you don't figure out a way to exhaust the heat. I had a closet desk setup, it was fantastic aside from the heat.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any speakers you guys recommend for hooking up to a PS3/WiiU/etc? Just looking to use something other than my TV's audio. I'm looking for something small like the size of computer speakers because I don't have a ton of room.

pheonix991

Neo Member
Any speakers you guys recommend for hooking up to a PS3/WiiU/etc? Just looking to use something other than my TV's audio. I'm looking for something small like the size of computer speakers because I don't have a ton of room.

You're going to have to specify a budget.

Check out sound bars.

Computer speakers hooked up to your TV's headphone out will do a better job than TV speakers typically.

Kilrathi

The college Dorm life (single room)
bed/pc setup
2013-09-13%252023.58.08.jpg

TV/console setup
2013-09-13%252023.57.29.jpg

I know it looks like most tech/games but in the closet there is a bunch of equestrian equipment (paddock boots, tall boots, half chaps, etc)
Edit: I hate having messes in my room

Enron

Banned
Solid core door and hairpin legs

I remember asking you about this months ago.

I went and found a source for nifty hairpin legs, and I have found a similar enough solid core door at Home Depot - all i gotta do is measure and drill, right? Door should be finished already?

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I remember asking you about this months ago.

I went and found a source for nifty hairpin legs, and I have found a similar enough solid core door at Home Depot - all i gotta do is measure and drill, right? Door should be finished already?

It is unlikely that you will find a finished solid core door.

The stain I used is called Waterlox original, but if I had to do it again, I would use a walnut stain. Waterlox gave it an orange tint that I don't really like. Sanding is also important, then all you do is find the longest screws you can manage and put the legs on.

No real gaming setup yet, but I wanted to post a quick preview (I know a bit silly, sorry) as I was taking a break for a moment:

Are the trains loud down there? And what is up with the large round column in the corner taking up precious real estate? Otherwise, nice place! Love the water view.

Deku Tree

Are the trains loud down there? And what is up with the large round column in the corner taking up precious real estate? Otherwise, nice place! Love the water view.

The column is probably needed for support. You can bet those glass walls are not holding up the ends that building!

Tabris

Yeah, pillar is required for support. It looks worst due to nothing being setup and me taking an in close picture. So I would have had pictures on the weekend but my nice italian leather couch I ordered wouldn't fit through the door and I had to take it back (and eat a $90 delivery fee). So now my new smaller couch won't be here until Tuesday and my david eames lounge chair (knock off, $7k yeah right) is going to take 3 weeks.

Can't hear the trains, but you can hear things like the air conditioner units on the buildings below me.

zidigan

Man, seeing everyone's gaming setup and collections has made me very jealous. The wife and I purchased a house in 2009 that was damaged by fire and completely gutted and rebuilt it, but I haven't done anything major until this past spring. I finished a small addition (10ft x 10ft) to my house, which I have dubbed my man cave, in June and I have a rough setup now from where I was setup before (in the bedroom).

However, I am having some trouble deciding what to buy, so I'm looking for some advice. I don't have a ton to spend, but I'm really tempted by the Vizio E601-A3 refurb that walmart has for $698. I tend to like Vizio TVs for their price point and I have owned 3 of them since 2005 and all 3 still work great. Any suggestions or do you guys think that is an okay start for me? All in all, I'm looking to get a TV and a small stand for my systems. I'd love to get any input from you guys on this as you all seem to have amazing setups.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Took these for the BritGAF thread so reposting here. Lounge hasn't changed much since I posted pics a couple of years back, but the TV is newer and my phat PS3 has been retired (space where the vita is will have my PS4 in November). PC desk is in the spare room and I use it for work too with my work laptop

my office/gaming PC area.
RuZmZVF.jpg

another view showing my 'room divider'
DiFIMkY.jpg

relKc3v.jpg

TV is a 46" Bravia - can't go bigger due to the cupboards :/
Slot in the ceiling is my projector screen (projector is just above the sofa, out of shot).

Parsnip

Here's my extremely boring setup. Most of my games are stashed away elsewhere, I decided to keep only the ones I actually still need to play easily available. For all couch style PC games I pipe it to the TV through HDMI.

Bonus pictures of my small game soundtrack collection and a stupid animated gif of my computer.

CLEEK

Nice and clean, I like it. Although it could use a little color..

Yeah, we've got a couple of big paintings up now.

But we always try to keep this room clean. Having two young kids means that toys get fucking everywhere. For sanity reasons, I always tidy up in the lounge. Too much chaos drives me nuts.

We did have a couple of big palms in here too to give more colour, until my youngest decided he loved nothing more than eating (and spreading) the potting soil.

Yeah, we've got a couple of big paintings up now.

But we always try to keep this room clean. Having two young kids means that toys get fucking everywhere. For sanity reasons, I always tidy up in the lounge. Too much chaos drives me nuts.

We did have a couple of big palms in here too to give more colour, until my youngest decided he loved nothing more than eating (and spreading) the potting soil.

I do the same thing with my media room. Actually, the entire downstairs is "daddy's", so that translates to no kid toys/food/drinks. They have plenty of other places where they can enjoy all that stuff. It's no wonder my area is always the cleanest in the house. My two girls keep their rooms pretty clean, but their playroom is a horror to behold. At least it is completely out of the way, haha.

Iacobellis

Here is my new gaming setup (living room and office), as well as the view from it. My place is in Vancouver, BC.

dUV8e5Z.jpg

FtDaXfq.jpg

j8Pa0dP.jpg

dVdvGn7.jpg

0ydFRJS.jpg

Dear Santa...

Wicked setup, my man. Very jealous of it. Love the minimal style you have going on with the white furniture. I have the same desk in the brown version!

Top Bottom