• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2013 Edition

imBask

Banned
Using a single 1920x1080 screen feels super cramped to me, however using a single 2560x1440 screen is more than manageable.

well it's not really about the resolution... I always seem to have a stream/a video, a guide if i'm doing something precise, a map if i'm playing DayZ, my music player if i'm playing something

I watch so much Twitch while doing something else, I could never go back to having a single monitor setup

I use dual monitors at work. While I agree from a productivity standpoint that it's so much better, from a gaming standpoint I only need a single monitor.

I'll have to post some pics soon of my humble gaming setup.

depends on what you play. In exemple : playing CS:GO without browsing on my second screen when i'm dead bores the hell out of me

well it's not really about the resolution... I always seem to have a stream/a video, a guide if i'm doing something precise, a map if i'm playing DayZ, my music player if i'm playing something

I watch so much Twitch while doing something else, I could never go back to having a single monitor setup

depends on what you play. In exemple : playing CS:GO without browsing on my second screen when i'm dead bores the hell out of me

Makes sense. I have my iPad sitting on my desk, which gets the job done for the same things you are describing.

Today I learned .. I ain't a gamer at all ... some o' you guys have truly impressive setups. Makes me regret getting rid of my Mega Drive, Saturn, DreamCast and N64 ... gah!

I'm a mere dabbler in comparison .. .

Bravo to you all

My setup

00o0o_e8ZIPFQQINf_600x450.jpg

00e0e_gmZvFiUAZgv_600x450.jpg

Celcius

°Temp. member
Industrial Wire Shelves. Saves space by having the monitors directly above your hands, and allows you to neatly zip-tie all the cables to reduce clutter.

What monitors are you using there mkenyon?
(I'm assuming both are 120hz?)

Piotrek

The image quality isn't too good, but the light today is crappy and I don't think my phone can do any better in these circumstances. Anyways, that's my bedroom. Simple and functional, I think.

WDaeV0ol.jpg

JD0kVZHl.jpg

AJUa7A6l.jpg

There are also a small DSi and a DSi XL to accompany those, but I think they're at my girlfriend's place.

LI3WspDl.jpg

Yes, I'm aware that the pictures are crooked. ;-)

And finally: THE GAMES

Zajora

This is my first time contributing to the setup threads, so I thought I'd try making a panorama. Turned out pretty well, I think. :)

ijvJc194BwSQk.jpg

Cheska

This is my first time contributing to the setup threads, so I thought I'd try making a panorama. Turned out pretty well, I think. :)

ijvJc194BwSQk.jpg

That looks incredibly good. It's amazing how different a room can look with such a bold color of paint. LOVE IT!

Greektown

Neo Member
Introduction

Welcome to the annual NeoGAF Show us your Gaming Setup thread. Here we post pictures of your gaming setup, from the large collections to the small collections, from the big family rooms to the small room setups, doesn't matter what, show us what you got! After you've posted what you get, make sure to give feedback to other's setup so we can collectively get cooler and better setups.

My Setup

I will have better pictures in the next month when I have some time.

Classic NeoGAF Setups

Please let me know what everyone wants to add to this section, I just went through a couple.

Previous Editions

2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012

Wow you must be absolutely loaded to have an apartment like that in downtown Vancouver. Lucky guy

Tabris

Wow you must be absolutely loaded to have an apartment like that in downtown Vancouver. Lucky guy

Thanks. Not loaded though, it's actually amazing how much money you save by not owning a car. I am moving into my new place (which I bought instead of renting like my old place) in next 2 weeks. Can't wait to have everything ready for some pictures. I'm hoping it will look even better (lots of new furniture, cleaned up setup, and new apartment)

These last 2 weeks are agonizing. I keep on wanting to start packing up.

xJavonta

Banned
Thanks. Not loaded though, it's actually amazing how much money you save by not owning a car. I am moving into my new place (which I bought instead of renting like my old place) in next 2 weeks. Can't wait to have everything ready for some pictures. I'm hoping it will look even better (lots of new furniture, cleaned up setup, and new apartment)

I couldn't not own a car. I live in the suburbs so getting anywhere in a decent amount of time requires a car and public transit is pretty much non-existent. I would have SO much more money if I didn't own one though, that much is true lol

Zajora

^Nice green.

Thank you.

Are you a huge Zelda fan?

Assuming you mean me, well... my avatar is from a Zelda game and I have 3 Zelda posters on the wall. A discerning eye would also notice a copy of Hyrule Historia on my shelf. Does that answer your question? :p

Super cozy. Rainy days must be heaven there lol.

Which is fortunate, since I live in a very rainy city!

That looks incredibly good. It's amazing how different a room can look with such a bold color of paint. LOVE IT!

Thanks. I've always been opposed to bland wall colours. I want saturation! :p

mkenyon

Banned
Got keys to my house last Thursday. The property is a bit over 5 acres, so my wife can keep her horses on the property with us. To do this, we have to build the pastures, arena, and eventually barn. The deal though, is that since we're tossing a bunch of money at that, I get to remodel a room as my office.

I was set on grey/green, but as we're there buying paint, my wife insists on a color called 'Toasted Pumpkin'. I agree as it does look pretty good.

We paint everything up, and as she is taking a picture she says, "Sweetie, did we just paint your office GAF colors?"

Yup.

Going to be building my desk into the closet. White desk/shelves. Pretty excited.

The flooring I ordered:

816281009843lg.jpg

What monitors are you using there mkenyon?
(I'm assuming both are 120hz?)
BenQ XL2420T, Samsung S23A750D. Both 120Hz :p

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
So many of you guys with single monitor setup and im looking for a 3rd one... How can you guys manage your stuff? Not trying to be condescending, im just impressed/astonished

Efficient true multi-tasking is somewhat of a myth; the constant micro context-switching actually hampers productivity. Personally, I don't have any interest in having 10 different windows/distractions open at once. That's how I manage my stuff. I definitely don't want to be watching a movie or video while working on something else at the same time, for example.

Beyond that, studies have shown that dual mid-sized monitors versus one giant monitor essentially comes down to personal preference. That's why a lot of software companies give devs the option between 2 24" monitors or 1 30" monitor.

With all of that said, I'm pretty comfortable with both setups. Maybe a slight preference for single-monitor. Of course for gaming, I'd love 3 monitors *drools*

master15

I am moving into my new place (which I bought instead of renting like my old place) in next 2 weeks. Can't wait to have everything ready for some pictures. I'm hoping it will look even better (lots of new furniture, cleaned up setup, and new apartment)

Moving is certainly one of lifes less desirable tasks but I'm really looking forward to seeing your new set-up. How long until you think we'll get to see new pictures?

Tabris

Moving is certainly one of lifes less desirable tasks but I'm really looking forward to seeing your new set-up. How long until you think we'll get to see new pictures?

Moving isn't that bad, it's all of this arrangements with lawyer, property management companies, bank, realtor, etc. So much effort involved with closing.

I am hoping I will have everything done except for my new desk (need to order it in from a specific store) and patio furniture (waiting until Summer 14) in September.

Cleaned up, so figured I'd take some photos for you guys.
My PC setup to start with, where work and occasional play occurs.

igi4gGv7a3CIK.JPG

And the PC itself, hard to photograph under the desk.
ibkRpRyLgMO6db.JPG

Specs:
CPU: Intel i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz
Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP
Mobo: AsRock Z77 Extreme4
GPU: XFX Double Dissipation 7970 GHz
Monitor: Dell U2711
Audio: Audioengine D1 USB DAC
Speakers: Audioengine A2

And finally, the TV with the consoles I could justify cramming into this little room.
i8AypmGWLw4xN.JPG

Space in the middle for a new console in November!

I have high expectations.

no pressure

Specs:

And finally, the TV with the consoles I could justify cramming into this little room.

very nice and neat setup - love what you have done with the space!

igi4gGv7a3CIK.JPG

And the PC itself, hard to photograph under the desk.
ibkRpRyLgMO6db.JPG

Specs:

i8AypmGWLw4xN.JPG

Christ. This what people have in the dorms nowadays? Damn.

mkenyon

Banned
Why do you think GAF has become so popular?

Buncha kids skippin' class to talk about games.

I roomed with a friend in college, we had a Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, Sony trinitron 27" (CRT), and two very powerful gaming PC's

very nice and neat setup - love what you have done with the space!

Thanks! It's taken me a while to get things in a way that kinda works.

looks great!

also, Noctua NH-D14 bro fist! ;)

*brofist* It's such a good cooler. I much prefer it over the all-in-one water CPU coolers that are flooding the market these days. (ha, I made a pun)

The joys of working full time for 6 years prior to starting university. It paid well, and bought me all this shit, but I got a bit disillusioned with the type of work and decided to move on.

I don't understand how they have time for it all. Unless, they don't have a job, and aren't shooting for all A's.

To be brutally honest, I haven't found the time for it all. Occasional bouts of Smash, some weekends I'll just go nuts and play a game start to finish, but games certainly aren't the number one thing to use up my time these days. I could probably do without some of the consoles here, but if they're not here they'd just be gathering dust in a storage unit back home.

dubq

Awful photo - I need to reorganize some stuff and take another one but this is a good idea of what I'm sitting in front of when gaming:

264473_208850765943558_265474328_n.jpg

Top Bottom