• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2017 Edition

I have been lurking these threads since 2015 for inspiration for my own setup, and think it is finally time to post some pics of my setup now.

oObWdVDh.jpg

de2vPpph.jpg

z3IGyYOh.jpg
What keyboard?

ErbilT

JVC D-Series CRT, nice choice!

Yeah, I love it. It's not as sharp as my old Sony set, but the screen is still very nice and I perfer the curved screen. So happy that I was able to move and have enough space for a CRT again... I mean, I love my Framemeister, but nothing beats a CRT for older systems.

Plus, I don't feel rushed to RGB mod my Famicom anymore.

Godan

No really sure if you can ask this here but I am looking for a new desk.

I currently have the black Malm desk with drawers from IKEA and i would like to get some kind of corner desk without drawers something similar to what ScurvyKid has a few pages back. I am in the UK and it seems like the only good place to get desk is at IKEA.

Anyone know where else i could get a desk from?

Thanks.

kanuuna

Small(ish) update on my end. I traded in the surround speakers from earlier this year to a newer model of roughly the same size.

Genelec 8340 said:

Genelec 8341A.

olo1.jpg

olo0.jpg

Impressive sound as is to expected from the brand. I had a chance the opportunity to listen to all of the new speakers in The One series, and these actually compared quite favourably to even it's bigger brothers (8351A, LCR on my set). I'll have to admit that the want to keep the look of the whole set consistent did play a part in going for the upgrade though.

Nothing has really changed (except the amount of records) on the front end of my setup and I don't have a PC upgrade in my sights just yet (would kill for chittagong's HTPC from some pages back though). This will probably be my last upgrade slash update for a while. I don't expect to get myself a 4K TV (although the temptation is there, especially with XB1X looking alright and HDR being the talk of the town with games like Gran Turismo) unless I happen to win the lottery before the holidays. But here's the front again, for good measure.

olo3.jpg

Browny

Banned
No really sure if you can ask this here but I am looking for a new desk.

I currently have the black Malm desk with drawers from IKEA and i would like to get some kind of corner desk without drawers something similar to what ScurvyKid has a few pages back. I am in the UK and it seems like the only good place to get desk is at IKEA.

Anyone know where else i could get a desk from?

Thanks.

I spent many an hour trying to spec something from Ikea - but in the end ordered one from Tescos online shop, it's worth a look. If you can link back to the picture of the one you like the look of, then we can search from that.

GlamFM

Banned
I have been lurking these threads since 2015 for inspiration for my own setup, and think it is finally time to post some pics of my setup now.

oObWdVDh.jpg

de2vPpph.jpg

z3IGyYOh.jpg

This is how you do it.

-No cables in sight
-No bullshit on display (fine line between "collector" and horder...)
-White walls
-No colored lights/LED garbage

Beautiful.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Small(ish) update on my end. I traded in the surround speakers from earlier this year to a newer model of roughly the same size.

Genelec 8341A.

olo1.jpg

olo0.jpg

Impressive sound as is to expected from the brand. I had a chance the opportunity to listen to all of the new speakers in The One series, and these actually compared quite favourably to even it's bigger brothers (8351A, LCR on my set). I'll have to admit that the want to keep the look of the whole set consistent did play a part in going for the upgrade though.

Nothing has really changed (except the amount of records) on the front end of my setup and I don't have a PC upgrade in my sights just yet (would kill for chittagong's HTPC from some pages back though). This will probably be my last upgrade slash update for a while. I don't expect to get myself a 4K TV (although the temptation is there, especially with XB1X looking alright and HDR being the talk of the town with games like Gran Turismo) unless I happen to win the lottery before the holidays. But here's the front again, for good measure.

olo3.jpg

Now I’m jealous. The UK distributor for Genelec can’t seem to get more than couple of 8341s until next year, and certainly not in white

Mihos

Gold Member
-No colored lights/LED garbage

I get the aesthetic leanings, but hue lights that subtly change color that are tied to multiple motion sensors around the house, so you always know what's going on, in, and around your house while not being sucked out of a movie/game is a huge game changer

Atlas157

I moved all my games from two separate bookshelves into one and threw out the old one, I wasn't paying enough attention when organizing them lol

Edit: All of my XB1 games are backwards jesus christ what the fuck am I doing

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I moved all my games from two separate bookshelves into one and threw out the old one, I wasn't paying enough attention when organizing them lol

Edit: All of my XB1 games are backwards jesus christ what the fuck am I doing
Is that Persona Q after Pokemon? :p

enewtabie

So when we built the house I had a room dedicated to just gaming. I had the builders build shelving into one of the closets for my PC parts and games. Bought 3 of these TCL tvs 4k for around 600 each. Great tv.. Xbox,Ps4 and Switch look great. Nice to have a room just to relax and play some games.

PC is 6700k/1070. Monitor is the Dell 27" Gsync 1440p 144hz.

Working on a couple of Mini itx builds at the moment with the new Phanteks Shift case and Ryzen.

1o1MlVw.jpg

t4VJbTe.jpg

mxqqI8Z.jpg

IngDYuc.jpg

DluzqIP.jpg

Vipu

Banned
Its sad to see Gaf dead BUT there will be new better forum ResetEra soon, hope to see you all there.
There is also ResetEra discord and twitter to see all the latest news about new gaf.

Kyne

Sorry guys, I probably won't be around to make the 2018 edition thread.

Come find more cool setups in a new era. 8)

Its sad to see Gaf dead BUT there will be new better forum ResetEra soon, hope to see you all there.
There is also ResetEra discord and twitter to see all the latest news about new gaf.

What's this?

And Kyne, do you post anywhere else? I need ideas for my setup build next year :(

CRIMSON-XIII

Neo Member
holy cow, you all have such amazing set ups. i am so jealous. dang, it is my goal now to create a nice one myself sometime within the next few years!

eXistor

holy cow, you all have such amazing set ups. i am so jealous. dang, it is my goal now to create a nice one myself sometime within the next few years!

For me it was a simple matter of taking it slow. Really think about what you want and when you get the opprotunity, make it a reality. I've amassed my collection by simply buying the games I want to play and not selling them. Then comes the problem of "where do I put it" and then the gears start turning and you'll slowly but surely form ideas. Of course my idea of a gaming setup is not someone elses. I like the "stacked to the rafters" look. I want it to be somewhat of a library but for games and be able to play every single game you see with no trouble at all.

Others prefer the minimalist look where you don't actually see the games. It all depends on the person and the available space of course. I don't have much gaming stuff in my living room and made a dedicated game-room, but for others the living room is all the space they have.

So yeah: keep dreaming and someday you can make your setup the way you want.

/edit: and then post it here ;)

Celcius

°Temp. member

Genelec 8341A.

Setup looks stunning as always

r/battlestations

Good subreddit, but annoyingly there are barely any console setups on there. I really wish they would allow console only setups, and not require a desktop to be included. I feel like most PC setups look pretty similar to each other. Console setups have much more variety, since they often include an entire room.

Nabbis

Good subreddit, but annoyingly there are barely any console setups on there. I really wish they would allow console only setups, and not require a desktop to be included. I feel like most PC setups look pretty similar to each other. Console setups have much more variety, since they often include an entire room.

Yeah, they put PC setups outside in the rain most of the time.

Brandson

I'm going to have 1-2 more setups to post next year which I think some of you guys might like if you liked my living room setup from earlier this year. If you make a 2018 thread over there, I'll probably make an appearance at some point.

zephiross

Update of the living room with the LG 55C7V and the nintendo switch that my girlfriend bought yesterday !!!

I've plugged my PC on the TV with a 12.5 meters HDMI cable running through the wall for that 4k couch gaming ! The Witcher 3 looks better than ever !

I'm tempted to buy the Xbox one X to use it as a UHD blue-ray player but I'm not sold on it yet because it only has HDR10 support at the moment, so i'm waiting for Dolby vision support to pull the trigger.

Newk86

The Gumtree box has my Framemeister in it and all the cables etc. I picked up a CRT just the other week though for $5 AUD (I thought may as well), so won't be using it for a while now. Will keep the Framemeister though for when the CRT most likely dies one day. IMO the CRT cabinet looks classy AF.

pKoTWGph.jpg

A6cgeGyh.jpg

QYRd5WDh.jpg

Update of the living room with the LG 55C7V and the nintendo switch that my girlfriend bought yesterday !!!

I've plugged my PC on the TV with a 12.5 meters HDMI cable running through the wall for that 4k couch gaming ! The Witcher 3 looks better than ever !

I'm tempted to buy the Xbox one X to use it as a UHD blue-ray player but I'm not sold on it yet because it only has HDR10 support at the moment, so i'm waiting for Dolby vision support to pull the trigger.

Well at some point they are going to need people to rebuy so there will be other iterations of HDR, Dolby Vision etc. Waiting probably doesn't make any sense.

Makaveli.

Neo Member

Genelec 8341A.

olo1.jpg

olo0.jpg

olo3.jpg

This.

Top Bottom