• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2017 Edition

e90Mark

Wall Art is literally the hardest thing to buy.

I've been in my house since April, and I've bought exactly 1 thing to hang on the wall since.

Jimrpg

I just finished school and moved into this place, so things are a bit barebones right now. Any recommendations/suggestions are welcome!

nfri6kT.png

o4sFyUZ.png

ZdIjkqw.png

I would leave it as it is.

Looks great minimalistic!

As its not an overly large space, the less furniture you have the better.

ZZMitch

I know this setup isn't anything special but I am moving on to bigger and better things in 2 weeks and I thought it would be fun to share my crappy basement apartment gaming space before its gone! I do have some cool stuff here, like signed photographs of Wayne Gretzky, Bobby Orr and Brett Favre.

Many hours of playing PC (now also Switch) games and watching sports have taken place in this spot so it is special to me! Doing a bit of both right now in fact...

So, now that I am settled into my new spot, I have improved my setup a bit! Built a new gaming PC, bought a sweet new monitor and chair and I finally have a living room with couches now. My apologies to folks who don't like looking at wires...

Lemonte

Bought new pc desk and shelf combo a while ago. Still need to do some cable management and get something cool to put on the shelves. Yes, there's cats nest behind my second monitor :)

Ball chair I made in the school few years ago and finally got it upholstered couple months ago. This is where I do most of my handheld gaming on the 3DS and WiiU.

xJavonta

Banned

This is my exact TV setup. IKEA Kallax with some silver feet I found in the clearance section.

What is the gray thing you're using to elevate your Xbox 360? Considering getting an Xbox One S or X soon and want to have it over my PS4 like that.

ErbilT

So I've moved... Everything is obviously still a work in progress, but on top of my living area, I also have a small office which I plan to setup all of my older systems up so that the living room isn't cluttered with them.

K7Qw7H6.jpg

Basically my cord and controller storage at the moment.
k5jUkCF.jpg

Computer desk and my spare 1080p television. My Nintendo Switch is hooked up to this TV for the time being, and the Famicom Mini is currently hooked up to the PC monitor due to the short controller cables. The NES Mini looking thing is a Raspberry Pi 3 that I placed in a Retroflag NES Pi case. The note on the desk is letting me know that my son owes our school $1 because he got chocolate milk at the cafeteria for a few days and for some reason, they just let him take it and billed us for it. It's weird, given that we always pack him a Capri Sun....but whatever.
DHK5wDO.jpg

These are all of the consoles that are hooked up, or that I'd like to hook up to the TV above the desk. Currently a mess of wires, I'll probably clean everything up over the next few weeks. I'd eventually like to put a CRT in here alongside the Framemeister, but we'll see what happens.
c5Tilcy.jpg

My new Samsung 65in 4k television with a PS4 Pro and Xbox One connected.

sp3ctr3

This is my exact TV setup. IKEA Kallax with some silver feet I found in the clearance section.

What is the gray thing you're using to elevate your Xbox 360? Considering getting an Xbox One S or X soon and want to have it over my PS4 like that.

Those grey things are Kallax shelve dividers. I used a saw to saw out the middle piece which gave me 2 shelve spacers so the consoles get plenty of air.

http://www.ikea.com/dk/da/catalog/products/60346070/

zephiross

Hi from france everyone !

We just moved in (1 month ago) a new appartment with my girlfriend since she just finished her studies (I still have 1 year to do) and I thought i'd share my setup with you guys ! New TV coming next week (LG 55C7V) and a Switch in November, i'll post an updated pic ;)

This is our living room:

And this is the PC room (not finished yet !)

I hope you like it ! :)

We just moved in (1 month ago) a new appartment with my girlfrind since she just finished her studies (I still have 1 year to do) and I thought i'd share my setup with you guys ! New TV coming next week (LG 55C7V) and a Switch in November, i'll post an updated pic ;)

This is our living room:

Magnifique! Love the clean layout!

Mihos

Gold Member
I know. I need to do the same on the DC and the Saturn as well.

I just moved, so I'm still unpacking and getting everything set up, but there is potential....

You can get electronically broken, but cosmetically good systems off e-bay for next to nothing and just swap the dingy parts pretty easy. I did that with a few systems. They had water damage, so the electronics were bad, but the cases were damn near flawless.

ErbilT

You can get electronically broken, but cosmetically good systems off e-bay for next to nothing and just swap the dingy parts pretty easy. I did that with a few systems. They had water damage, so the electronics were bad, but the cases were damn near flawless.
I haven't even thought of that... I may try that. Thanks for the suggestion.

So, made a little but of progress and added an SNES mini and a CRT television on top of the Framemeister for the older systems. Once I get the cable management under control and clean up after the kids, I think the room will look nice.

fWQEob8.jpg

Södy

We just moved in (1 month ago) a new appartment with my girlfriend since she just finished her studies (I still have 1 year to do) and I thought i'd share my setup with you guys ! New TV coming next week (LG 55C7V) and a Switch in November, i'll post an updated pic ;)

This is our living room:

Do you use the playseat challenge on your desk? If so, how is the height? Does it work good? Thinking about gettjng one so I could easily switch between bedroom (PC) and living room (TV) when my wife is sleeping.

Maiar_m

This is our living room:

That coffee table wouldn't be still available somewhere in stores, would it ?

zephiross

Södy;251977610 said:
Do you use the playseat challenge on your desk? If so, how is the height? Does it work good? Thinking about gettjng one so I could easily switch between bedroom (PC) and living room (TV) when my wife is sleeping.

I have no problem using it with my monitor (even if I wish it wash a bigger screen (currently 24"), but as far as I'm concerned, I use it almost exclusively with the rift now (and it's fricking awesome !). It's very confortable even for long gaming sessions and the alcantara is very nice ! My only complain is that it's lacking a system to mount a shifter and a handbrake to it easily, you have to rely on you McGiver skills. It folds and unfolds in like 30 seconds, but with the wheel and everything on it, it's quite heavy, so make sure you don't have to travel to much with it in your house.

That coffee table wouldn't be still available somewhere in stores, would it ?

http://www.but.fr/produits/91736/Table-basse-pivotante-TURN-Chene-et-blanc-laque.html

The cool part is that the top rotates if you want to change the layout a bit :) !

Södy

I have no problem using it with my monitor (even if I wish it wash a bigger screen (currently 24"), but as far as I'm concerned, I use it almost exclusively with the rift now (and it's fricking awesome !). It's very confortable even for long gaming sessions and the alcantara is very nice ! My only complain is that it's lacking a system to mount a shifter and a handbrake to it easily, you have to rely on you McGiver skills. It folds and unfolds in like 30 seconds, but with the wheel and everything on it, it's quite heavy, so make sure you don't have to travel to much with it in your house.

http://www.but.fr/produits/91736/Table-basse-pivotante-TURN-Chene-et-blanc-laque.html

The cool part is that the top rotates if you want to change the layout a bit :) !

Thanks. I think I have my christmas wish now :)

I wanted to grab a bit of inspiration from one of Tabris' setups but all of his stuff is gone from the past threads and he's banned. Sad day.

Pachinko

All these setups make me jealous , I've lived in the same place for years so my home theater is still set up in a mostly unfinished basement , I bought some new furniture for it recently - an Ikea billy rack to load up all my physical media onto and a nice TV stand / table that can hold my TV , consoles and receiver. But... the floor is still concrete , the walls still have gaps with no drywall (only behind the tv stand now) and the ceiling is completely open still. I'm fine with it but I'd love if I had something closer to my own space. Just no need to truly change my living space for now though.

You should all be proud of what you have going on ! it's not that hard to buy stuff but it can be difficult to buy a proper living space of your own to use it all nicely.

KC-Slater

(Cross-)Posting some images of my mostly-retro setup (and some gaming art that I have up.) Apologies for the poor quality.

Saturn connected to the Panasonic Plasma via OSSC
tIT0M6Yh.jpg

Mega Drive schematics print.
JxumJj3h.jpg

Cuphead first-edition art prints
XjHE7VCh.jpg

R0tjvyJh.jpg

HAS v3 Supergun w/Saturn controller adapters & HSS-0130 connected to CPS2 and output to PVM in my reading/gaming nook. (Unfortunately this needs to be setup/struck whenever I want to fire it up, for the most part...)

d3f26BEh.jpg

ASVbm6Oh.jpg

CQk6PKah.jpg

BONUS SHOT of my Virtua Fighter figures perched on top of the PVM! lol
Nu0nSNoh.jpg

Elitist1945

k6ZORUVh.jpg

Latest update. Got my shelves mounted for my games, my new light fixtures, and got the last Hue light. All that's left is my Sony surround speakers, and to finish my computer area.

Currently using it as my bedroom but I'm moving the bed upstairs soon and either replacing with an L Couch or recliners. Haven't decided yet.

Ravahan

Neo Member
I have been lurking these threads since 2015 for inspiration for my own setup, and think it is finally time to post some pics of my setup now.

oObWdVDh.jpg

de2vPpph.jpg

z3IGyYOh.jpg

Top Bottom