• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Siglemic live streams his attempt of breaking SM64 WR [NEW WORLD RECORD 1:47:10'9]

KScorp

You mean he found the best possible time you could get. If you do a 70 star run absolutely perfectly, the best you can get is around 48:47 (with the current path).

In other news, Sig is doing 120 70 star runs now.

Tdog987

Zep should edit this in the 1st post...

therun.jpg

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
You guys jinxed it.. I tuned in, everyone is like "GO GO GO THIS IS IT YOU GOT THIS" and then he falls and everyone laughs..

damn.

Dreavus

Gah, how did I miss this thread. I've been addicted to watching Sig do 70 star runs, I can't pinpoint why it's entertaining though. Sucks to hear about that latest attempt. ><

mr_nothin

Banned
So wait
He made it all the way to the final stage and choked even though he was on track to beat the record by a couple of seconds?

LOL if so

Jacking the thread for Cosmo and OoT.

They have apparently discovered a glitch whereby you can skip Ganon and finish the game. It's quite wacky and involves using Farore's Wind in the Temple of Time. He's been doing runs all night on it to find out if it's viable as a category or to use in his own MST runs.

http://www.twitch.tv/cosmowright

KScorp

He is currently 23 minutes into a 70 star run, and he's ahead of his Personal Record at the moment.

Edit: And after a bunch of silly mistakes he resets.

Tdog987

Was just close again. Was 5 (I think) seconds ahead going into the last Bowser, hit long jumped into the platform (where he kept messing up the troublesome triple jump), but hit the side, fell, and reset.

Grinchy

Banned
I also heard he's taking a couple weeks off of mario. All that streaming got to him. He makes the mistake of trying to actively read the chat while he plays.

If he can settle down and stop throwing emo tantrums, he could take back the WR for sure.

Oh man, thought I'd check to see if he was streaming, I scrolled down to see if he'd got any new PBs and what do I see?

Someone has BEAT the 120 AND 70 star records again!

120 - 1:47:05

70 - 49:42

Anyone know who did it?

Edit: Well, I should really read back a few pages first hahah. My bad.

Thought I would post in this thread as it's the most fitting.

ZFG ( ZeldaFreakGlitcha ) using a glitch found by Sockfolder beat OOT in 35 minutes which would be a new WR I believe, it involves beating Gohma while killing link, returning and glitching the warp which sends you straight to ganon's tower as it is collapsing! seriously broken game lol

possible sub 30min, wow

Top Bottom