• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Siglemic live streams his attempt of breaking SM64 WR [NEW WORLD RECORD 1:47:10'9]

BY2K

Membero Americo
Gets out of Ghoma boss room, arrives at Ganon Tower AFTER the Ganondorf fight.

ibrUVXw8RfsJXs.gif

BurntPork

Banned
Nah I don't think it works on 3DS because the whole Ocarina items glitch doesn't work at all on that version of the game. At least that's my understanding..

Yeah. That's the only thing stopping it. However, the OoT 3D record is already in the 30s due to Ganonless and NG+. Before today, OoT 3D any% was faster than any% in the original game

Ganonless and NG+?

30 mins is the WR for OOT 3D?

Ganonless is some trick where you use farore's wind while doing this weird trick in king dodongo's boss room and it warps you to the end of the game somehow. NG+ is a trick that lets you start with any item you want on the B button (and in this case I think the speedrunners start with Farore's wind)

He is playing now if you want to watch (at least I think so as I can't fast forward).

I'm impressed how the lost woods escape was improved (no more waiting for Navi and sinking).

Its also funny how the Link's Death is delayed until the boss cutscene finishes.

Am I right in thinking they use a VC version for less slowdown (but do they lose as much time from the insert classic controller message)

Edit: Siglemic is running it too using some sort of (?Emulator?) hack that replace Link with Mario.

He is playing now if you want to watch (at least I think so as I can't fast forward).

I'm impressed how the lost woods escape was improved (no more waiting for Navi and sinking).

Its also funny how the Link's Death is delayed until the boss cutscene finishes.

Am I right in thinking they use a VC version for less slowdown (but do they lose as much time from the insert classic controller message)

Edit: Siglemic is running it too using some sort of (?Emulator?) hack that replace Link with Mario.

It's a Wii hack. Almost all of the "professional" streamers run on real hardware.

BurntPork

Banned

VC version is just more convenient. It also has some exclusive glitches, though none of them are used in this route. However, they were used in the previous route, and since this route is brand new nobody has switched yet.

There's not much reason to switch, however, since it only saves about 2 seconds (there's only one reset, and the time is counted from file select) and part of that is made up from less slowdown during the castle escape.

BurntPork

Banned
Sorry for the double post, but I thought you guys might want to know that ZFG took the record again. 22:43 (or 22:42, since he stopped the timer late)

OoT in 22 minutes and 42 seconds without ever becoming an adult... wow.

LeleSocho

Banned
Sorry for the double post, but I thought you guys might want to know that ZFG took the record again. 22:43 (or 22:42, since he stopped the timer late)

OoT in 22 minutes and 42 seconds without ever becoming an adult... wow.

Cosmo can break it... he played Zelda for 16ish hours when he marked the WW he was exhausted.

BurntPork

Banned
Cosmo can break it... he played Zelda for 16ish hours when he marked the WW he was exhausted.

Yes, he can beat it. The thing is that ZFG made several big mistakes in that run that he can easily fix as well. Both of them, as well as SVA, will definitely get sub 22:30. It's up in the air which of the three will be on top once the smoke clears, however.

I kinda want ZFG to do it, though. He was working on the old route for a near-perfect run for two months, and this glitch was discovered on the day he wanted to move on to 100%. I kinda feel sorry for him. lol. I want him to have any% and Cosmo to keep MST due to the sheer amount of work they put into those respective categories.

On a related note, ZFG says that there are some new Skyward Sword glitches that allow the game to be completed in less than 5 hours. o_O;

3phemeral

Looks like Sig dropped. He was consistently about 4 stars behind. Did a great job keeping up, sometimes he got up to 2 stars behind. At worst he was like, 7 stars behind.

Mlatador

Banned
His skill is impressive as well as the fact that mario 64, the game itself, allows you to play like this. That's why this game is gdlk!

Carl

Whoa, nice one Sig. Can't believe i watch him for hours and hours on end, and when he finally does it, i'm not watching

Top Bottom