• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - a new Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays (S2 full trailer is up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

I'm impressed with how much sense the dialogue makes. So far it's not just a jumble of random "tech-sounding" words. It's clear they've either got some tech people on the writing team, or they're being consulted by some.

Bsigg12

Mike Judge is killing it, I've been laughing through the whole episode.

Edit: bahaha haha haha, a Grinder reference.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm thinking this is probably pretty good since Musk is so bhurt about it and most of the technorati seem to be ignoring it. Can't miss with Judge really so I'll check it out on Go.

kris.

Banned
i was hoping so hard that this wouldn't suck, and whaddya know, it doesn't! sundays are gonna be pretty great for the next few weeks

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Holy shit HBO Go is fucking dead. What a shit service this is.

ezekial45

Banned
I was pretty hesitant to watch this because I have kind of a disdain for Techie culture, but damn, that was fucking great.

I'm on board.

thefro

I'm impressed with how much sense the dialogue makes. So far it's not just a jumble of random "tech-sounding" words. It's clear they've either got some tech people on the writing team, or they're being consulted by some.

Wired had a pretty good article about that this month. Mike Judge insisted on bringing in a whole team to consult to make sure everything was legit.

Of course it helps that Judge was a programmer/physics major and worked in Silicon Valley before he started doing Beavis & Butthead.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I know what binary is, just shut up.

So good. So glad there's a smart nerd comedy out there that isn't insulting to the audience it's supposed to target.

Great addition to the Sunday lineup.

Also, #butts.

Lol at all these references. Its actually pretty damn accurate

This also satirizes the culture of the valley and tech in general. "Consumerfacing" "brogramers". The meaningless slogans. The shuttles, etc.

This is really great

royalan

I never said I didn't like the subject matter, I just didn't find it funny.

Well, you did imply that not being a part of the culture was a major reason you didn't find it funny. This show is satire, so I can imagine that you have to understand the culture it's satirizing to find it funny.

GQman2121

Banned
I thought the show was going to be good and I wasn't disappointed. I'm glad the jokes used in the trailers weren't really present in the pilot. Looking forward to episode 2.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Well, you did imply that not being a part of the culture was a major reason you didn't find it funny. This show is satire, so I can imagine that you have to understand the culture it's satirizing to find it funny.
That certainly wasn't the case with King of the Hill.

I liked it but I didn't love it.

I never said I didn't like the subject matter, I just didn't find it funny.

I ment it more in the sense if you're not into the silicon valley culture. Reading things like ValleyWag, techcrunch and the like for fun. Not that you don't like tech. Its less about the actual tech but the culture and mindset that pervades these places. The sense of importance, revolutionary mindset, the sense they are the future of humanity, etc those are all the ideas Judge is poking fun at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom