• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity Officially Announced: [New 9 Minute Strategy Video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandemic

New screens that I found over on the Facebook page,
575268_10151278723744866_1622211654_n.jpg

68456_10151275898644866_1957558948_n.jpg

78250_10151279044329866_956295659_o.jpg

Ranger X

Too much hype for this game. I can't believe that I actually might like it more than SimCity4. (I'm a SimCity 4 freak!)

Orlandu84

Thank you for the pic post, Pandemic! The more I see how the game looks, the more I like it! The first pic really makes me want to build a nice dense downtown.

In regards to the terraforming tools, I hope that they allow players to create regions outside of the game and then upload them. That way people could still design cool terrains and even realistic ones whereas in game you would still be forced to work with what you were given.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Man those pics sure look fantastic. If the game plays as well as it looks then this will be better than Sim City 4. And I love Sim City 4!!!

Please be a good game, oh please.....

Apath

Such a shame this is online only. I'd have been in day one, which would've made it my first Sim City since 2000.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
ok, so it's online only but can I play without other people mingling, i.e. at my own pace?

Onemic

New screenshot was released a few days ago,
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/133151_10151288809019866_1890653610_o.jpg[IMG]

Looks pretty good, graphics could be tuned..[/QUOTE]

Can I say that I'm not that impressed by that pick?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
ok, so it's online only but can I play without other people mingling, i.e. at my own pace?

We don't know yet. The online only aspect of SC5 scares me. I want this game to be a great successor to SC4, and it looks great graphically, but if the gameplay is hindered by dumb online only components and such then it's going to kill it for a lot of people.

This looks like the best game ever.

It does indeed look fantastic. The depth blur is a little overboard though in some shots. I hope there might be a way to tone it down.

So I'm probably going to buy this for my girlfriend, and probably a new pc for her to run it on. What would I need to hit specwise to able to get the game running on max settings for her? Obviously the sim games traditionally aren't big system burners, but I'm not sure how many options up the way they tend to leave in there for you as well.

Pandemic

New gameplay!
Ocean's Overview Producer Diary
Lead Creative Director Ocean Quigley shows an exclusive look at SimCity! Ocean is a SimCity veteran with over 17 years experience working on SimCity titles including SimCity 4, SimCity 3000, SimCopter, even working on the art team for SimCity 2000! This new SimCity has the classic feel of past SimCity titles. As Mayor, you get to create cities and build simulated worlds! With new design tools, find out what happens when Ocean builds a fully functional city shaped like a guitar! See how Ocean uses data layers to plop a Police station and fight crime, preventing those pesky criminal Sims from robbing his banks! Cities are truly connected, so when Ocean has access power, he can choose to sell it to neighboring cities. In the new SimCity you can create your dream city, play with the simulation or complete with your friends on the leaderboards!

Looks pretty awesome.

Pepboy

Can I say that I'm not that impressed by that pick?

I think it's something to do with the water. The way it hits the coast is too flat... or like early 2000s platformer. It's a shame they didn't take the unique aesthetic and extend it to the water. Hopefully it looks better in motion. That being said, I'd rather them focus on gameplay than water, and all in all I am excited to try this game.

SamVT

This topic makes me drool. One of the best game series ever. Cannot wait for this.

I wish they'd introduce more building personalisation as my only wish but looking at the latest video it looks like they're doing something like this (almost like upgrades?)

dejay

Banned
I think it's something to do with the water. The way it hits the coast is too flat... or like early 2000s platformer. It's a shame they didn't take the unique aesthetic and extend it to the water. Hopefully it looks better in motion. That being said, I'd rather them focus on gameplay than water, and all in all I am excited to try this game.

I'm sure there's still plenty of polishing to be done - I know there are holidays in there but there are months to go before it goes gold, including a closed public beta. I'm sure there will be at least some wave textures if not more for the shore lines.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
god this looks so amazing. i'd be all over it if it weren't for that insane drm. god damn it.

Ranger X

Good God of Jesus, we will be able to follow every single sim's life if we want to?
Not that wasn't sold already but daaaaaaaaaaamn. DO WANT

Got to try out the Alpha build of this at a gaming expo in Norway on Saturday. It looked like a very early build and kind of rough, but I enjoyed the wizard to starting a city and trying it out a bit. The nighttime was great, especially when the game got me to start up the powerstation at night and seeing all the lights come on over the city.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Got to try out the Alpha build of this at a gaming expo in Norway on Saturday. It looked like a very early build and kind of rough, but I enjoyed the wizard to starting a city and trying it out a bit. The nighttime was great, especially when the game got me to start up the powerstation at night and seeing all the lights come on over the city.

I tried it there as well. Like you I was quite impressed by it eventhough it was a pre-alpha build. Starting up the power station was great. At first I thought it didn't work, but I didn't consider that you had to wait for people to come to work and wait for it to pump out electricity.

I only meant to try it for a few minutes and ended up spending 20 minutes on it. Guess I will have to buy a PC next year... :)

slicknick27

Neo Member
I tried it there as well. Like you I was quite impressed by it eventhough it was a pre-alpha build. Starting up the power station was great. At first I thought it didn't work, but I didn't consider that you had to wait for people to come to work and wait for it to pump out electricity.

I only meant to try it for a few minutes and ended up spending 20 minutes on it. Guess I will have to buy a PC next year... :)

I know you only had a few minutes with the build but did either of you get any idea of maximum size of cities compared to SC4? I've been hearing and seeing from the screenshots that the scale doesn't look nearly as big. That might be a bigger turn off for me than the always-online...\

Otherwise, I love the new graphics style. Seems to capture the SC charm as always.

Acheron

Banned
I really hope once they open it up to mods (fingers crossed), someone gets rid of that stupid tilt shift look.

I like the second and third shots at the top of the page because that effect isn't too noticeable in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom