• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

So I've been wondering, which prominent simpsons characters (or even not so prominent ones) aren't in the game yet?
I can only think of Lionel Hutz and Bleeding Gums Murphy but there must be quite a lot

Is Sideshow Mel a premium character? Otherwise a proper Sideshow Bob would be fun for next Halloween.

Outside of those two, they could still do Marge's mom, Lovejoy's wife, and Herb (Home r's brother). Some of those may be premiums already, I'm not sure. Same with the Rich Texas guy.

scottnak

Is Sideshow Mel a premium character? Otherwise a proper Sideshow Bob would be fun for next Halloween.

Outside of those two, they could still do Marge's mom, Lovejoy's wife, and Herb (Home r's brother). Some of those may be premiums already, I'm not sure. Same with the Rich Texas guy.

Mel & Rich Texan are already in as premium characters.
While I think having a real Sideshow Bob would be great. I'd bet the nightmare of having to remove him as an occasional popup from the coding side... would prevent that from happening.

fisheyes

There's a reasonable amount of female characters that are reasonably prominent that haven't been seen yet - Helen Lovejoy, Brandine, Lindsey Neagle, Cookie Kwan (stay off the West Side!), the latter two have appeared on the level up screens so I suspect they are coming soon.

I would like to see the Crazy Cat lady as well as Uter, as long as there is a joint task where Homer chases him around in his underwear with a wet towel.

There's a reasonable amount of female characters that are reasonably prominent that haven't been seen yet - Helen Lovejoy, Brandine, Lindsey Neagle, Cookie Kwan (stay off the West Side!), the latter two have appeared on the level up screens so I suspect they are coming soon.

I would like to see the Crazy Cat lady as well as Uter, as long as there is a joint task where Homer chases him around in his underwear with a wet towel.

Great character suggestions! I would like to add Ruth Powers:

17830_5_full.jpg

JTran2003

Unfortunately they retired those characters when Phil Hartman died.

But I agree with Artie Ziff and Arthur Crandall + Gabbo being in the game! That'd be awesome.

haha and you're referring to Assistant Superintendent Leopold.

I would love if they could add troy McClure! One of my favorite characters!

I think adding the carny guys would be cool with the krustyland expansion. Spudford and his dad.

Why wouldn't they use characters who's voice actor died? Just out of respect? They just take the voice clips from episodes anyways.

They don't actually take the voice clips from the shows.

And yes, out of respect. The actress who played Edna Krabappel died last year after she was already implemented in the game, so we are lucky they made the game before she died. After she died they retired her character in the show.

And as a side note - I personally think it's stupid. I wish they'd put McClure et al. in the game, just without a voice. Or just use existing voice work from the show.

fisheyes

The Phil Hartman characters are just about the only thing modern Simpsons hasn't shit on from a great height. Lets just keep them out of Tapped Out too.

krae_man

Well there are some voice work that is clearly specifically for the game. But it wouldn't surprise me if some of it was recycled.

Kabuto

Uh is it possible to be hacked in this game? I woke up from a nap to see I now have a tire fire for some reason... Waste of 40 donuts

scottnak

Uh is it possible to be hacked in this game? I woke up from a nap to see I now have a tire fire for some reason... Waste of 40 donuts

There is an unfortunate bug where you can be logged into another person's Springfield... and if they're a jerk... that certainly could be possible...

Kabuto

There is an unfortunate bug where you can be logged into another person's Springfield... and if they're a jerk... that certainly could be possible...

ugh that's probably why. I contacted EA support and thankfully they are going to give me a refund so yay EA haha.

In anticipation of the upcoming Valentine's Day event, where I'm sure it will be beneficial to have a ton of friends, I'm throwing my EA Origin name out there again. Send me a friend request if we aren't friends already! LamonsterZone

Hey friends! Just a reminder that when you visit others' towns (including mine), please prioritize tapping on Squidport Entrance, Channel 6 News, and Cletus' Farm to take advantage of the multiple tile glitch (which also works on the other aforementioned buildings).

krae_man

Hey friends! Just a reminder that when you visit others' towns (including mine), please prioritize tapping on Squidport Entrance, Channel 6 News, and Cletus' Farm to take advantage of the multiple tile glitch (which also works on the other aforementioned buildings).

I accidentally tapped on the bottom tile yesterday. I'm lucky I just started and am still under the normal cap.

Valentines day update is live now as well. Don't see it on Android yet, but it's apparently live.

Wheel is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scottnak

I accidentally tapped on the bottom tile yesterday. I'm lucky I just started and am still under the normal cap.

Valentines day update is live now as well. Don't see it on Android yet, but it's apparently live.

Wahoo! I see it in the Play Store.

What do you mean about there being a cap?

apparently there still more I need to learn about this exploit...

Kabuto

There are a couple new UI stuff in this update:

The buttons for going back and forth between friend's towns are now bigger

The Origin client in game is overhauled and looks way better.

edit: haha you can buy an actual Whale for 300 donuts.

krae_man

What do you mean about there being a cap?

apparently there still more I need to learn about this exploit...

The game has a maximum number of tiles you're supposed to be able to get. I forget how many. But if you use the glitch, you can exceed that amount.

If you're over that amount and accidentally tap the bottom tile, you're stuck with what you have.

I still don't see the update in my play store.

Apparently this update ends Feb 25, so you need to get in on it asap if you want to collect everything. Can't wait for more wheel bitching.

scottnak

Plus the first quest takes 24 hours...
Maybe try restarting your device krae_man? I hear that helps when you can't see updates

-Horizon-

Just noticed the new Valentines update (I'm so late lol). All I read under the update description was hearts and spin the wheel. Darn it EA :mad:

-Horizon-

Oh what the heck, after updating in the App Store, I open the app and it made me download 100+MB of previous updates too.

krae_man

Having a massive friends list is less of a factor now.

I'm tapping on my friends now and I get

5 hearts per tap for the first 10 towns I visit
4 hearts per tap for the next 10 towns

and it's probably going down from there.

Edit: and crash crazy.

Servers are down for maintenance apparently.

Ah thanks. Any idea how long? I just manually updated after checking this thread. Also, for those who like time-wasting tapping sims, you should try Jurassic Park Builder. It's loads of fun and has lots of cool upgrades with some interesting strategies like aligning dinosaurs with decorations to find an ideal layout. Also, it lets you have dinosaur battles, which is a very basic turn-based RPG that gets you extra resources. Still, I love the humor and personality of Tapped Out.

Ah thanks. Any idea how long? I just manually updated after checking this thread. Also, for those who like time-wasting tapping sims, you should try Jurassic Park Builder. It's loads of fun and has lots of cool upgrades with some interesting strategies like aligning dinosaurs with decorations to find an ideal layout. Also, it lets you have dinosaur battles, which is a very basic turn-based RPG that gets you extra resources. Still, I love the humor and personality of Tapped Out.

Servers are down with no ETA, it's whenever they get things straightened out.

I will have to try JP Builder sometime. I would also recommend DragonVale. It's got great art, almost 200 different dragons to breed, dozens of beautiful habitats to place them in, and the real money purchases are very fair and totally unnecessary. You can do and get everything in the game without spending a dime, it just takes a bit longer.

Thanks. Yeah the EA forums are down too, presumably because they've been swamped with the update. This game must be crazy popular.

Valentine update is pretty cool, two new characters! The wheel seems much fairer too.

Weird thing... I have a rose bush in my inventory and don't know where it came from. It's not on the wheel, or for sale in the regular or valentine item lists, I want to acquire another one.
Edit: oh I grew them on the farm, doh!

krae_man

Well I already got the Choo Choo choose train which is apparently the item with the lowest drop rate.

Figured out how the tapping on friends works:

5 hearts per tap for the first 10 friends
4 hearts per tap for the next 10
3 hearts per tap for the next 10
2 hearts per tap for the next 10
1 heart per tap for the rest

So that's 600 hearts max per day from friends which equals 3 spins.

-Horizon-

I open up the app again and it tries to redownload every update again, that's another 100+MB

I already updated it today, what the heck yo.

Just discovered there's actually five new chars in this update... Brandine can have three kids after her quests, Whitney, Birthday and Dubya.
They each take ninety days to be born, and they steal money for you.

Top Bottom