• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

Vyer

...aaaannnnd I finally got the train. Guess all I had to do was make a post bitching about it. lol. Wheel is done!

My Squidport is getting mighty cramped, could some kindly souls please tap my Squidport tile?

ID: lukejspicer

I will return the favour, thanks!

Rated-G

Man this has been the most frustrating event. Ever since it went live I can't seem to do anything in the app, it just keeps crashing after I collect the money from 3 or 4 buildings. I can't get to Krustyland, let alone anyone on my friend list. I have about half the Wheel of Friendship done but I'm really worried this will be the first event I can't finish.

I've already tried resetting my iPad, and deleting the app and reinstalling it. Does anyone have any other tips or tricks you'd recommend to try and stop the constant crashing?

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Are they going to repeat holiday events each year? I'm a bit of a latecomer, so even under the best circumstances, I'll probably only get maybe a few of the Valentines items.

I noticed that Flanders has a task he can perform that would reward you with hearts. Is he the only character that can get you hearts?
Milhouse + lisa but its a 16 hours quest, think you get 50(?) hearts

Are they going to repeat holiday events each year? I'm a bit of a latecomer, so even under the best circumstances, I'll probably only get maybe a few of the Valentines items.

I think they do Holiday events all the time.

-Horizon-

They always have a holiday update. So far at least.

You might miss out on a few items because they change what you can get every year.

Like the items and characters you would've gotten this year by completing holiday quests are now donut purchases for the next year.

krae_man

Flanders has a 6 hour quest for 10 hearts

Homer and Marge have a 5 hour quest for 10 hearts(Marge starts, Homer must be available)

Milhouse and Lisa have a 16 hour quest for 30 hearts(Milhouse starts, Lisa must be available)

Cletus farm: 24 hours, 50 hearts

DarthWoo

Is it normal that I've entered a friend's town and seem to be unable to tap anything? I had been doing the Valentines for several people today, and it says I should still get hearts for 18 more actions, but there's nothing to do in one town despite it saying I still have 3 actions.

scottnak

Is it normal that I've entered a friend's town and seem to be unable to tap anything? I had been doing the Valentines for several people today, and it says I should still get hearts for 18 more actions, but there's nothing to do in one town despite it saying I still have 3 actions.

I think each character can only hold 1 card. So if someone hasn't come by and collected their cards, then you can't give 'em anymore.

JTran2003

I think each character can only hold 1 card. So if someone hasn't come by and collected their cards, then you can't give 'em anymore.

Yeah I have a few friends I seem to never be able to collect cards from cause either I don't check them enough or they don't play enough to collect them. Not done with the collection but can't wait for this update to end because of this.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I was down to just the gazebo and the Choo-Choo-Choose-You Train for many spins.
Then came the free train.
Two spins later I got the gazebo. The next spin was another gazebo.
Yay.

Only a handful of currrent premium characters (whether they used to be free or not) actually have quests right? Is there a list?

A lot of them have full-blown storylines.
The Grumple's story was done entirely in poem. It ends with him getting his brains blown out by Maggie, then resurrected by EA to avoid complaints about wasted donuts.

Caleb187

Was gifted the train, then scored 3 spins and didn't hit the one thing I have left on the wheel =/

If you have a second device that can play tapped out, you can spin the wheel on the first device and if it looks like it's not gonna land on the item quickly turn on airplane mode. Start the app on the second device and repeat. Do this until you land on the item you need.

If you don't have a second device, you can also run tapped out on your computer with bluestacks and use the same method.

Not able to find that name in Origin.

Also, building tapping is disabled until after Valentine's Day ;)

Probably because we're already friends :)

Ohhhhh, no, what an idiot. I have left a tile sitting there for about 5 days now waiting for someone to tap it haha. Well that sucks, I have all the Valentine's stuff now so just want to go back to normal!

JTran2003

Probably because we're already friends :)

Ohhhhh, no, what an idiot. I have left a tile sitting there for about 5 days now waiting for someone to tap it haha. Well that sucks, I have all the Valentine's stuff now so just want to go back to normal!

I don't have all the valentines day stuff but can't wait for the update to be over. Just started building Krusty land and wouldn't mind getting more tickets again.

DarthWoo

Filled my wheel up pretty fast, thanks to getting so many friends to send cards to so quickly.

Am I the only one who refuses to actually buy donuts?

fisheyes

I started this valentines update with a Choo Choo Train and a heart pond from last year. Since then I have won another 4 trains, 6 ponds, and countless other items... But no fucking heart balloons. That's all I need to finish it. Man, fuck this wheel.

rataplein

Filled my wheel up pretty fast, thanks to getting so many friends to send cards to so quickly.

Am I the only one who refuses to actually buy donuts?

i only bought a dount scratch once...

i was saving dounts (had like 97, saving for otto or barney) and i accidently bought SHAUNA.... (the check to spend donmuts things was off for some reason)

i really don't know if i want to keep playing =/

krae_man

Gil Deal is out. Krustylu Studios w/ Sideshow Mel, Dr Nick and a Cannon for 200 donuts. Regular price 250.

I went for it. I'll save the rest of my Christmas donuts for the next Gil deal.

You guys with wheel problems...just max out your friends list and visit them daily until you complete the wheel. I finished it a long time ago.

Also make sure you have Flanders singing a diddy, grow rose bushes on the farm, make Milhouse chase Lisa, etc. (things that give you hearts)

krae_man

Just went live on iOS. Not up on Android yet.

Still don't have full details but there appears to be a new currency called "Friendship points" you get for visiting friends that can be used for purchasing stuff.

And it appears that handshake stacking has been fixed.

Edit: First friendship point items: Olmec Head, Singing Sirloin, Homers Car, Snowball II, Stampy.

And it looks like Stampy has tasks!

Just went live on iOS. Not up on Android yet.

Still don't have full details but there appears to be a new currency called "Friendship points" you get for visiting friends that can be used for purchasing stuff.

And it appears that handshake stacking has been fixed.

Edit: First friendship point items: Olmec Head, Singing Sirloin, Homers Car, Snowball II, Stampy.

And it looks like Stampy has tasks!

"Redecorate the Simpson house" and going by the episode, it means he'll walk by the house and take out a corner along the way haha

And shucks @ taking away the friend tile tapping. Guess I need to collect that boardwalk tile after all.

Going by the info pane on the friends screen, it looks like we'll also eventually get a new Lisa skin. Hippy Lisa?

krae_man

Looks like cleaning up graffiti earns friend points. So Graffiti your friends buildings.

Edit: Finally out for android.

fisheyes

EA doing the tap to get 10 points for the next X taps again. Drops down to 5 for the next taps and so on. Why EA why?

I think it's a good balance idea actually. I know with the Halloween update I raced through by having 100 friends, while my friend who had about 10 took forever. With this system, my 100 friends gives me an advantage, but nowhere near to that extent.

krae_man

EA doing the tap to get 10 points for the next X taps again. Drops down to 5 for the next taps and so on. Why EA why?

With the valentines update, tapping all 100 friends = 3 spins of the wheel worth of hearts. That was the same with the Christmas update. Front loading it so people who don't have 100 friends aren't as penalized is a nice balance.

Looks like the total is 900 friend points per day(+ whatever you get from graffiti in your town). Wait, I'm maxing out at 800 ish today. I missed something.

-Horizon-

Meh. They should've made the process of friending people easier then. Basically if you're not on a forum and post your origin name so people can friend you, you're still pretty much screwed.
Should be an option where you can friend random people with space.

JoeM86

Guess I need more friends on this then due to Friend Points. I can only can get around 600 a day from the looks.

Add me: SerebiiJoe

krae_man

Apparently after you collect all the friend point items, there is a 1 in 200 chance of getting a donut every time you tap on a friends stuff. So that's 1.5 free donuts/day if you tap on everything!

krae_man

Is it just me, or did they make it so you can't double tap anything? I have a few towns where I can't even tap the Simpsons house.

Top Bottom