• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

I didn't hear about it till recently. And I agree I don't know how good it will be because I feel the Simpsons has a way bigger and better (IMO) body of work to draw from. Will be interesting to see how it starts and if it will have legs to last a a year or 2+.

Developer is TinyCo, and they are pretty hit or miss imo. But at least it isn't being developed by Pocket Gems... Ugh.

Got 30 donuts in my mystery box again!
I've never gotten donuts through that box. I'm still at 100 without ever having spent any since the very beginning before I knew about the option to turn on prompts for spending donuts to speed up building. I'm trying to save up for Barney since I want to use my plow king costume, but 200 donuts seems like a long way off.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Have a friend at work who just started playing and was complaining that he couldn't figure out how to find friends to tap (apart from me) so I told him I could post his username here:

apreckless515

Is this dead by this point? We haven't had any meaningful updates since Valentines, and even that was mainly recycled items from last year. No new level since January, half-arsed episode tie-ins... it's losing me, honestly. I hope that they are indeed readying a load of content to go up against the Family Guy game, because this is becoming tedious now.

Is this dead by this point? We haven't had any meaningful updates since Valentines, and even that was mainly recycled items from last year. No new level since January, half-arsed episode tie-ins... it's losing me, honestly. I hope that they are indeed readying a load of content to go up against the Family Guy game, because this is becoming tedious now.

I've heard that speculation as well. One can only hope. I just keep reminding myself how great the Christmas update was...but yeah it's time for something new.

New update is out, introducing Level 39!
And theoretically a new friendship level, though it still days I'm maxed at 6 despite allowing me to collect points again (though not adding them to anything) and showing a new reward (E.A.R.L.). Anybody else experiencing that bug?

And theoretically a new friendship level, though it still days I'm maxed at 6 despite allowing me to collect points again (though not adding them to anything) and showing a new reward (E.A.R.L.). Anybody else experiencing that bug?

Did they ever release Lisa's Cool Kid outfit that's in the Friendship Level illustration? DYING for that shit.

I haven't tested it out yet but I've read that even though it doesn't show the points are still being counted. apparently the donut cost to skip will go down as normal and a point collected in your town from cleaning will show the real total. Again haven't checked it yet though.

fisheyes

Finally.

Odd that Manjula's the premium character and Sanjay's the in-game character. When was the last time Sanjay actually did anything?

Hence why they want you to pay for the character that is actually interesting.

That being said, good to see a new house.

Edit: also there's new stuff for Krustyland. Bumblebee man taco truck and topiaries of each of the 7 Duffs.

DarthWoo

Finally won a 99-1 dog race...probably after spending 80k-100k into it. Still, it's a nice amount of profit in the long run, which I promptly blew on a few plots of land and some fancy sounding restaurant. Didn't even have enough leftover for Springfield General Hospital which I'm supposed to build now.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Finally.

Odd that Manjula's the premium character and Sanjay's the in-game character. When was the last time Sanjay actually did anything?

I basically stopped watching the show after season 8, so Sanjay seems like a much bigger character to me.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I hate to say it, but I think I am pretty much done with this game. I log on maybe once a week, but:

1) it's getting repetitive. Even though they finally added a new level, it's not really captivating.
2) The biggest reason - my phone doesn't really run it that well now that my city has grown so much.

JTran2003

2) The biggest reason - my phone doesn't really run it that well now that my city has grown so much.

I'm running into the same problem as well. Game constantly crashes or does not run as smooth... Doesn't help that most people on my friends list don't play as well. Makes it more of a chore now visiting peoples places for its mostly for nothing...

TeddyBoy

I'm running into the same problem as well. Game constantly crashes or does not run as smooth... Doesn't help that most people on my friends list don't play as well. Makes it more of a chore now visiting peoples places for its mostly for nothing...

I had this problem, remember on your friend screen, you can tap the Friend Button again and hide users. I do this all the time to people who don't play anymore to save time.

Anyone else got the light house? Really disappointed in it. It doesn't look very good, gives no cash and the light flashes if you tap it.

Just had a quick look at the Tapped out update history, it seems the updates are happening at roughly the same points of the year. So we should get a Second Whacking Day update sometime next week.

I'd personally rather have an Easter update. As a non-American, I had never even heard of Whacking Day except once on the Simpsons, Easter just seems like a much bigger holiday worldwide.

As a non-American, I had never even heard of Whacking Day except once on the Simpsons, Easter just seems like a much bigger holiday worldwide.
hahaha! I am laughing with you my friend, that is good stuff :)

Anyway I really hope they give us WD this week. It came with so much STUFF and I missed it last year.

scottnak

It'll also mark my first full year of Tapped Out goodness.
I hadn't realized that Whacking Day was a special event as I had started with it... heh

DarthWoo

Has the chance for donuts always existed with friend taps? I only noticed that I sometimes got them after the first round of Friend Points was over, and then got none during the E.A.R.L. run. I also noticed that sometimes the distribution of money varies by day. Sometimes tapping in a friend's town will get me a single block of $100 and 2xp, other times it'll be the 2xp plus a pack of $50, $25 and some other smaller packs.

krae_man

Has the chance for donuts always existed with friend taps? I only noticed that I sometimes got them after the first round of Friend Points was over, and then got none during the E.A.R.L. run. I also noticed that sometimes the distribution of money varies by day. Sometimes tapping in a friend's town will get me a single block of $100 and 2xp, other times it'll be the 2xp plus a pack of $50, $25 and some other smaller packs.

There's a 1 in 200 chance of getting a donut tapping on friends houses after all the prizes are collected. It's new with the friend points.

What friend level you are at also determines how much money you get from each tap.

I started playing during the Halloween 2013 event. I hope the big update this week brings back the amount of prizes that they had last year. seeing all the building with characters that were given out that are now premium is crazy. I would never pay for them since they were at one time free.

I hope this week marks the start of a higher level of content output to counteract bored players and new competition.

Biggest news for me is getting Maude + Fortune Teller building for just 25 donuts!

I only started last Christmas so I missed all the Halloween goodies.

Biggest news for me is getting Maude + Fortune Teller building for just 25 donuts!

I only started last Christmas so I missed all the Halloween goodies.

You're lucky! apparently it was a price glitch and a fix was pushed out a couple hours later to put it to where EA intended - 150 donuts.

TeddyBoy

Whacking day is only on the Simpsons. That's the entire point :lol

LOL I'm sure I read it was an actual event in America, oh well I'm just being stupid xD

Apparently in the game files the cut off date for this epsiode tie in is the 14th of April, so if we're going to get anything for Easter/Whacking Day 2/Some other holiday I haven't heard of, then it'll be then.

I think by the 14th you can collect the Capital City Goofball without spending donuts so that also coincides nicely with that.

JoeM86

Was moving my skyscrapers to fit in the Popsiclestick Skyscraper and somehow I lost my halloween King Homer skyscraper. Not in my inventory so I must have accidentally trashed it.

I'm sad now.

JTran2003

Anyone download the new family guy tapped out like game?

I did. Just about the same. Rebuild the town, unlock characters, do task, visit friends, etc... Just has family guy characters. Giving it a few more days until I decide if I like it or not... Starts slow like tapped out so...

TeddyBoy

Was moving my skyscrapers to fit in the Popsiclestick Skyscraper and somehow I lost my halloween King Homer skyscraper. Not in my inventory so I must have accidentally trashed it.

I'm sad now.

You can email EA and say the game glitched, I'm sure they'll give you another Skyscraper. I think they are normally pretty happy to fix things so long as it doesn't involve donuts.

TeddyBoy

Sorry for the double post but I think the notification is worth it, over at the Kindle App Store, a new banner has appeared for tapped out:

screenshot_2014-04-11-17-07-05.png

Some people on the EA forums have contacted EA who said the update will come out Wednesday but people speculating think Monday. Either way an Easter update!

Top Bottom