• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

JoeM86

Apparently after you collect all the friend point items, there is a 1 in 200 chance of getting a donut every time you tap on a friends stuff. So that's 1.5 free donuts/day if you tap on everything!

Oh that's good. I have to hurry up then.

Got the first last night.

No like, is it a timed event? Like the Halloween and Christmas one? Like after a month they'll switch out the rewards? Because I'm going really slow at getting the points, no urge to tap a lot lol.

from what I've read it's permanent. More prizes will probably be added but with big point requirements to stretch them out.

krae_man

Yeah I got that too. Can't start it yet because Homer is in the middle of a 12 hour task.

Reminder to people, sometimes you need to close the app and restart it for these to trigger.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Is there any trick to using Springfield Downs or does everyone just keep doing the 2-1 odds dog?

scottnak

I dunno guys. I'm perfectly fine throwing a way 2000 bucks at the 99-1 odds.
I'm pretty sure it's paid itself off many times over for me that way

JTran2003

Not sure what's up with the blue houses but I have now joined your cult lol.

I hate the look but it helps bring in money for me. The payoff time of the blue houses also is most convenient pay time for me as well. I hope to be able to get rid of them sometime...

Ozone

St. Patrick's Day Update is up! Adds a new quest, O'Flanagan's Pub, some decorations, and a couple premium items.

Oh, and all in-land water is now green.

krae_man

I hate the look but it helps bring in money for me. The payoff time of the blue houses also is most convenient pay time for me as well. I hope to be able to get rid of them sometime...

Yeah. If you're diligent, you can do when you wake up, mid afternoon, and before you go to bed. But if you're busy and miss the afternoon tap, it's easy to get 2 taps per day in.

I earn like 100k per tap from my farm. It makes a world of difference XP and money wise.

Green Water!

JoeM86

St. Patrick's Day Update is up! Adds a new quest, O'Flanagan's Pub, some decorations, and a couple premium items.

Oh, and all in-land water is now green.

Didn't get the quest until today but have had the green water for a while. Weird

krae_man

Starting to need more krustyland tickets... What do you guys do/farm to get more? Looking for some ideas...

Krusty burger stand farm?

Otherwise, it's a long, slow grind because only a few people can perform tasks there.

Anway, I keep forgetting to do friend taps. It takes so damn long. I should have Stampy already :(

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim

Otherwise, it's a long, slow grind because only a few people can perform tasks there.

Anway, I keep forgetting to do friend taps. It takes so damn long. I should have Stampy already :(

A lot of the people on my friend list no longer seem to check the game anymore, as I've never seen anything available in their towns in the past weeks.

A lot of the people on my friend list no longer seem to check the game anymore, as I've never seen anything available in their towns in the past weeks.

Some of my friends are the same. I've had to weed a bunch out because they aren't active. Some with all Christmas stuff on and noting to tap for days and other still growing roses from valentines. I know in the list of friends section it will show their last active date that I use to double check but I don't know how accurate it is.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Duplicate buildings in Krustyland don't produce income.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Seems like there's been a mass exodus. I just purged a third of my friend list. Likely more to follow.

JTran2003

I'm hoping they put out a lot of updates quickly to compete with the Family Guy game releasing next month.

Family guy game? Is it gonna be like tapped out? Might have to try it if it is... Been playing the stick of truth which got me thinking it would be cool if there was a south park version as well...

Family guy game? Is it gonna be like tapped out? Might have to try it if it is... Been playing the stick of truth which got me thinking it would be cool if there was a south park version as well...

Ya from what I've seen it's very similar. Town building with characters doing tasks. Fox had a smaller dev working on the game TinyCo.

I didn't even know there was going to be a Family Guy one. Might look into that. Though I feel like it won't be as good as this.

I didn't hear about it till recently. And I agree I don't know how good it will be because I feel the Simpsons has a way bigger and better (IMO) body of work to draw from. Will be interesting to see how it starts and if it will have legs to last a a year or 2+.

Top Bottom