• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingaporeGAF |OT| Home to Olympic gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anko

Damn. I used to frequent comics connection. And it's not like I no longer buy manga. I just stopped buying Chinese localised manga since I've switched fully over to Japanese ones. Still, sad to see it go. I went there religiously during my secondary and JC school days..

I passed by the store I frequented a year or two back and was quite surprised to see the manga shelf space reduced to almost nothing and seeing the bunch of crap they had in its place. It was just full of cheap looking character goods that I couldn't tell were legit or not.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
The fact that CC marked up their prices also does not help.

I love their conversion chart.

100 New Taiwan Dollar = S$10

Then it became

Taiwan Dollar/10 + 1 sing dollar lol.

I remember spending my Ang Bao money back in 97/98 for about 7 or 8 dollars per copy of Ranma 1/2 when the actual price was probably about half of that.

Gibbo

came back from back to back meetings and found out from my colleague that reporters are now gathered outside SGH? Any truth in that?

Gibbo

sad to hear. Even more upsetting is seeing some singaporeans like those posting in the cesspool that is The Real Singapore showing an utter lack of respect for the person.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has declared a seven-day period of national mourning for Singapore's founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew, who died on Monday morning aged 91.

The Prime Minister will also be addressing the nation in a live broadcast at 8am on Monday.

As a mark of respect, the state flags on all government buildings will be flown at half-mast for the mourning period, which starts on Monday, March 23, and ends on Sunday, March 29.

A private family wake will be held on Monday, March 23, and Tuesday, March 24, at Sri Temasek.

Mr Lee's body will lie in state at Parliament House from Wednesday, March 25, to Saturday, March 28, for the public to pay their last respects. They can do so from 10 am to 8 pm daily during that time.

A state funeral service for Mr Lee will be held at 2pm on Sunday, March 29, at the National University of Singapore's University Cultural Centre.

The service will be attended by the late Mr Lee's family, friends and staff, President Tony Tan Keng Yam, Cabinet Ministers, Members of Parliament, and Mr Lee's fellow founding members of the ruling People's Action Party.

Senior civil servants, grassroots leaders and Singaporeans from all walks of life will also be attending the service, which will be followed by a private cremation at Mandai Crematorium.

Condolence books and cards will be available in front of the Istana main gate from Monday to Sunday, for those who wish to pen their tributes to the late Mr Lee. Condolence books will also be opened at all overseas missions for overseas Singaporeans and friends.

The public can express their condolences and share their memories of the late Mr Lee at the official website: http://www.rememberingleekuanyew.sg. People can also call the 24-hour hotline at 6336 1166 with queries, or visit http://www.facebook.com/rememberingleekuanyew for more details.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...eriod-national-mourning-mark-mr-l#xtor=CS1-10

Defuser

RIP LKY. I'm quite angry at these ungrateful people who is celebrating at his death, if it wasn't for him Singapore wouldn't be what it is today despite some of his unpopular policies. Truly a great man that many leaders of today lacking the caliber he possess.

Gibbo

RIP LKY. I'm quite angry at these ungrateful people who is celebrating at his death, if it wasn't for him Singapore wouldn't be what it is today despite some of his unpopular policies. Truly a great man that many leaders of today lacking the caliber he possess.

Yup times like these i wish there was some repscussions to the comments made by these idiots on social media. Wishful thinking on my part though.

RIP.

Renekton

What do Singaporeans think about Iskandar Johor?

Do you think it is a great investment, time bomb or somewhere in between?

ElyrionX

What do Singaporeans think about Iskandar Johor?

Do you think it is a great investment, time bomb or somewhere in between?

It's a bomb. Stay away eapecially now that prices have appreciated. The moment the floor gets taken out of Singapore property prices (most likely due to rising interest rates), Iskander will take a nose dive.

ElyrionX

hmm - what is SingaporeGAF playing these days?

I'm really jaded these days and none of the AAA releases have interested me in the slightest possibly due to burnout from having so much of the same stuff last gen.

But recently I've been playing Elite Dangerous and Pillars of Eternity and they have been a giant breath of fresh air. Apart from that, I have been playing paper Magic the Gathering since last July.

NEO0MJ

Lovely little country. Wish I could work and live there, but I don't think I'd cut it. Aren't you guys so competitive?

Gibbo

currently on short hospitalization leave at home so clearing my steam backlog with a vengence. I just completed Far Cry 4 this morning. Between this and Assassins creed unity I think im done with the ubisoft openworld formula for awhile.

I find myself struggling to finish games these days. Between work and a shift in piorities, on some nights i find myself opening up steam, staring at my backlog for awhile, and then end up switching off my desktop shortly after .lol

Divinity : Original Sin is something which i hope to finish before i return to work next week.

oh yeah i bought Bloodbourne as well. I think im done with it after 2 hours though. Considering that i try to play games on easy mode these days, i find the game to be Wayyy too unforgiving.

On a side note: i wish people would stop sharing LKY related links on their facebook already.

Anko

Just finished one playthrough of Type 0. Would like to do NG+ but Bloodborne happened. I hope to eventually get back to it. Have not played the FF15 demo, and am not very interested because of the male party. The way Tabata justifies it irks me even more. I can't give the demo away anymore though. I've already claimed it.

April will see the release of two yuri VNs so I will likely be playing those next.

I keep forgetting about April Fools too. I basically just looked at a joke announcement and asked "is this some kind of joke??" Orz

ElyrionX

Lovely little country. Wish I could work and live there, but I don't think I'd cut it. Aren't you guys so competitive?

I don't think the average person is any more competitive than the average person in any developed country. People have got comfortable in the past decade and work-life balance is a lot more sought after these days.

Renekton

I don't think the average person is any more competitive than the average person in any developed country. People have got comfortable in the past decade and work-life balance is a lot more sought after these days.
Not with us Malaysians begging to migrate in to do the same work but 2.7x cheaper :D

Rad-

I'm staying in Singapore in June. What are some of the best food places in Singapore? Nothing too fancy.

What about night clubs? Which bar do the hottest girls go to?

I've also heard that the airport has tons of nice stuff to do while waiting. Does it have enough stuff to keep me occupied for 8 hours? I have a long wait till the flight back home and I'm not interested in moving around the city with all my luggage.

pyros

Does anyone in Singaf, buy their computer components from Amazon?, I was comparing the price for the cruicial MX200 SSD 500GB and it's US$189 and with free delivery to Singapore, this is a real good price, will I have any problems with local warranty?

wilflare

I'm staying in Singapore in June. What are some of the best food places in Singapore? Nothing too fancy.

What about night clubs? Which bar do the hottest girls go to?

I've also heard that the airport has tons of nice stuff to do while waiting. Does it have enough stuff to keep me occupied for 8 hours? I have a long wait till the flight back home and I'm not interested in moving around the city with all my luggage.

you can try asking your hotel if you can leave your luggage at the concierge while you tour the city. you can then come back and pick it up before going off to the airport - there shouldn't be any problems.

Does anyone in Singaf, buy their computer components from Amazon?, I was comparing the price for the cruicial MX200 SSD 500GB and it's US$189 and with free delivery to Singapore, this is a real good price, will I have any problems with local warranty?

I do but there's no local warranty... you can always ship it back to Crucial - they are pretty good at it
or go to Lazada.sg and look for those hardware distributed by Convergent systems - the prices are pretty good

pyros

I do but there's no local warranty... you can always ship it back to Crucial - they are pretty good at it
or go to Lazada.sg and look for those hardware distributed by Convergent systems - the prices are pretty good

Thank you for the heads up, I'm going with Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom