• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Single words / expressions that make you dismiss an entire post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two:

smh
It's on his way out, this one, and rightfully so. It shows some kind of passive aggressive dismissal where the user also often also believes no further argumentation is needed. "Apparently someone is so wrong and beyond help that I can only virtually shake my head."

welp
I don't even know what this one means? Is it a gasp made by utter bewilderment? It makes you look incredibly stupid, that's for sure. It feels especially out of place when used by mature posters. Check the "tinder is a payed app" thread for an overdose of welping. This one is still on the rise.

I watched the movie yesterday.

welp-poster.jpg

(edit: it's a Dutch language movie, and welp means wolf cub)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
PC police/SJW's/etc used unironically. Stop there, you have nothing important to say. 💩

Sushi Nao

Asinine. Yeah, we get it, it sounds like ass, only run through a smug, condescending prick filter. This word smacks of terrible early 2000's internet arguments and is almost always used to talk down to someone.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
"People are just looking to be offended at things" no, you're just being deliberately obtuse
People are easily offended by things though. Take this thread as an example. I'm not so much thread whining as I'm whining about the fact that people have such thin skin.

People are easily offended by things though. Take this thread as an example. I'm not so much thread whining as I'm whining about the fact that people have such thin skin.

I also believe people are way to easily offended this day and age. I'm not offended tho, just wanted to have some fun while bored at work.

Mildly annoyed is as far as i'd go emotionally.

Mortemis

Banned
Because mostly people using smh aren't good at spelling?

(I corrected it thanks)

Hey, don't judge us abbreviation lazy folk.

Mine would be a post that just quotes and puts a period there. Hard not to dismiss a post that just acts as scrolling filler.

jetsetrez

Typing "p." instead of "pretty." p.good. p.sweet. I think it's Twitter's fault. Actually, most things originating from Twitter are annoying.

Toxic/problematic.

Ayyy lmao.

Almost anything meme-related after like the first day of seeing it.

SJW
Political correctness
pandering

Any combination of those being used seriously and I know for certain the person has nothing of value to say.

Grinchy

Banned
If a post has the wrong version of there/it's/your or it has "would of" or "could of" or anything like that, it's an automatic skip. I just can't take a person's opinion seriously when I see that shit.

toxic

I don't understand why ayy lmao makes you dismiss an entire post as it's usually the entire content of the post.

"oh no he said ayy lmao I'll just dismiss that he said ayy lmao".. yeah ok, good for you son !

Fliesen

anything that dismisses someone's argument / opinion as not a rationally formed opinion but merely the result of some agenda.
(sheep, fanboy, SJW, ... )

also, starting off your post with "lol" makes me instantly not want to have a conversation with you

Rayis

What most people often misconstrue as offense, is an attempt to explain why certain words/phrases alienate groups of people, most times it is brushed aside as "looking to be offended" effectively shutting down any worthwhile discussion that could be had, that "offense" is just a side-effect of a more inclusive society.

PC master race used to target people suggesting playing PC too.

Like that :
"I want a remaster of X"
"just play it on PC"
"these damn PC master race idiots"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom