• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skies of Arcadia Trademark Renewed. Sega's next HD release?

My colleagues from Gamereactor Deutschland write at their monthly rumor mill section (printed mag) that this is indeed coming soon. Reliable source close to SEGA told them. No date mentioned, but soon. Thus, TM renewal was also due to this.

No scans allowed, so there you have it - DE gaffers can easily confirm for sure :)

Mention of Wii U release? About time for Wii U to start getting these HD re-releases, hell the game was on DC AND GC. :(

And besides.

Charles Martinet is in the game, BOOM! XD

animation1dfg2zq7g.gif

This, but probably is nothing.

SmokyDave

My colleagues from Gamereactor Deutschland write at their monthly rumor mill section (printed mag) that this is indeed coming soon. Reliable source close to SEGA told them. No date mentioned, but soon. Thus, TM renewal was also due to this.

No scans allowed, so there you have it - DE gaffers can easily confirm for sure :)

Fingers crossed for a Vita release!

RPGCrazied

I normally don't buy big digital releases, I save that for the small stuff. But just like Okami, I'd make an exception. Though I'd love to have a retail disc release.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I normally don't buy big digital releases, I save that for the small stuff. But just like Okami, I'd make an exception. Though I'd love to have a retail disc release.
They'll probably do another Dreamcast Collection retail bundle sometime next year. Probably pack in Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue, if the rumors are true, with SA2 and JSR.

Jay Sosa

Like anyone at SEGA is reliable.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
cant believe this might actually happen, no words can express how happy i would be

Duffyside

Banned
A producer at SEGA strangely responded to a tweet between myself and the Valkyria Twitter from like two years ago that mentioned Skies. He later said he didn't mean to respond to it, but that didn't make sense... An HD remake? That makes sense.

Day 1.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Didn't Jet Set Radio get PSN/XLBA release only?
It's also on Steam, Vita, and will soon be released on iOS/Android.

When they get two more DC games ported (hopefully Skies and Shenmue) they'll probably bundle it up as a Dreamcast Collection package for retail just like they did for Crazy Taxi, SA1, Space Channel 5 Pt. 2, & Bass Fishing.

51V4YmzrUoL._AA300_.jpg

epmode

Please please please give us a PC port. I'll buy it on whatever console if I must but oh god I would love a PC port. Jet Set Radio's is pretty great!

If true I hope they make a good job in taking the best features from both the Dreamcast and Gamecube versions, DC OST and GC extra quests and decent encounter rate.

ohlawd

yesssss

Tizoc

Yeah as is, SEGA really should consider PS3+Vita and Steam for this. Heck I'll double dip if it gets a Steam release and get it Day 1.

Rootbeer

Banned
never played :) i hope it's an HD refresh and not just a straight port. also... i hope it's actually WELL DONE because these sega game re-releases have been very hit or miss.

I'd prefer Vita but I'll happily accept PC (Steam) instead. Please, no PS3 or 360 exclusive.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Hmm... Interesting.

epmode

I still love this story. Skies of Arcadia is one of those games that still doesn't have a definitive release so this could be incredible.

flattie

Yeah that's what I remember. Jet Set Radio, then Sonic Adventure 2, then Shenmue, followed by Skies of Arcadia.

There was never a rumour that detailed an order like that. A sega PR guy basically referenced both Skies or Arcadia and Shenmue in an interview. It is unclear whether he actually meant they were working on them or if he was referring to ones that are most requested (comes across as latter to me). Make your own mind up here at about 7:20.

moozoom

I enjoyed the game the first time through on Dreamcast, but I honestly don't know if I could play it again as it was a very slow burn through the game - meaning I remember the battles being slow, the encounter rate being high, and even moving around the world being slow. I think they need to tweak some of these things in any HD release (though I have no idea what was changed for the GC release).

I remember that they changed mostly what you're complaining about : less encounter rate, faster load for battles (I agree that was a bit much )

Also there were new discoveries to find in the overworld, and other bonus quests.

Tizoc

never played :) i hope it's an HD refresh and not just a straight port. also... i hope it's actually WELL DONE because these sega game re-releases have been very hit or miss.

I'd prefer Vita but I'll happily accept PC (Steam) instead. Please, no PS3 or 360 exclusive.

SEGA's done a good job with the ports of JSR, Sonic Adventure 2 and NiGHTS, heck SA2 is like 3 GB compared to the size of the previous releases lol.

Oh and JSR and SA2 are on Steam, so this might get a Steam release as well >o>.

For those that played the game, what stuff from the DC and GC versions would you like to see in this release?

inky

lol, what's with all the Vita dudes in here?

Can you really blame them? Any game release or re-release is a reminder that they own a machine that is supposed to play games too.

I for one would give up all the Vitas in the world (not much, I know) for a new SoA, but I'd settle for an HD re-release. Hopefully it comes to PC.

Marvie_3

Banned
SEGA's done a good job with the ports of JSR, Sonic Adventure 2 and NiGHTS, heck SA2 is like 3 GB compared to the size of the previous releases lol.

For those that played the game, what stuff from the DC and GC versions would you like to see in this release?
Everything from the GC version with the music from the DC version. Maybe lower the encounter rate a bit.

qcf x2

Can you really blame them? Any game release or re-release is a reminder that they own a machine that is supposed to play games too.

I for one would give up all the Vitas in the world (not much, I know) for a new SoA, but I'd settle for an HD re-release. Hopefully it comes to PC.

This has got to be the worst troll attempt I have ever seen. Congrats to you.

adamma666

oh, oh would so love a quick release of SoA. it would be the perfect game to play over christmas. please Sega, make it happen!

It has to have the Dreamcast music. If you could toggle on the Japanese exclusive content (Vyse's dad with a smoke in his chops - more boozing etc) that would be extra special.

Just get it out there Sega. Will get all the achievements, however hard or easy. It is my destiny.

Ricker

A true sequel is one of my top 5 gaming whishes but who wouldn't want to replay with these 3 awesome characters,plus the rest of the cast was great also...

AniHawk

i hope it's legends as the hd version. i don't think there was a special deal with nintendo for that since sega was also making it for the ps2.

a sequel to this would be amazing, but i've come to terms with it being great as a standalone title. if a sequel ever got made, it'd probably have to be a 3ds game anyway.

iavi

All of the heritage collection so far has been confirmed for Steam, and to decent sales. SA2 just hit and Nights is still on the way, with a port that's probably fantastic.

Can't see why they'd stop now.

Day one on everything Skies related.

ReaperXL7

If this actually does get an hd release then the games that I would really want to see one from would be almost completed, there are many I would like to see that I know just are never going to happen like radiata stories , grandia 2, Dragon quest 8 , Record of lodoss war, ect. But if sega really does pull through with this then I could live with the sd versions of the others. This is one of those games that single handedly made ownership of the console worth it to me.

Please Sega don't fuck this one up.

Top Bottom