• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

Also, if Annie or Minette didn't win this last round by a wide margin, I don't see either of them winning.

I don't see a lot of people switching from characters like Beowulf or Isaac to Minette. (Annie maybe, but still not very likely IMO.) Eliza will most likely benefit the most, then Aeon.

that's actually scary.... we need to hype Annie like crazy!!!1

that's actually scary.... we need to hype Annie like crazy!!!1
Hyping won't sway many people now. It's already set in motion. You'll have to hope that the male voting block shift isn't more than the Annie/Minette fan base, but I personally don't see that. (Especially since I think Annie and Minette will cancel each other out in the finals.)

I'm pretty sure Eliza is winning this, or Aeon if her silent legion is really that powerful. Either result will make me happy.

Moonlight

Banned
Why is Aeon more likely to benefit from the votes than anyone else? I'm not going to call anything on her, because frankly, I'm still not sure where she's pulling the votes, but I really don't think 'otaku hikikomori time goddess' sounds any better or worse than 'hardcore galactic magical girl' or 'klutzy fish maiden'. People are voting for other reasons than body dimensions!

I mean, I've seen people jump from Panzerfaust to Annie. Stanley to Eliza. Where's the connection, there?

This entire campaign has fucking baffled me.

EDIT: And I think hyping will sway a lot of people! Tons of wayward voters who don't really care about a result now that their favourites are out, but will vote for whoever catches their attention. Wayward voters. That's where campaigning comes in.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hyping won't sway many people now. It's already set in motion. You'll have to hope that the male voting block shift isn't more than the Annie/Minette fan base, but I personally don't see that.

I'm pretty sure Eliza is winning this, or Aeon if her silent legion is really that powerful. Either result will make me happy.

Yeah, Eliza is gonna get his.

Minette and Eliza are interesting for most people on a Gameplay level

Annie and Eliza interest people the most on a cosmetic/character level

and Aeon is fucking Aeon

Eliza has the largest sweeping interest base

Hyping won't sway many people now. It's already set in motion. You'll have to hope that the male voting block shift isn't more than the Annie/Minette fan base, but I personally don't see that. (Especially since I think Annie and Minette will cancel each other out in the finals.)

I don't believe in anything anymore, this campaign has been completely insane.

DaRabidDuckie

Live or die, heaven or hell, heads or tails, Minette or Annie... I'll just be glad when the Waifu Wars is over.

Why? Because as much as I love the SG community for the positive things it can do (like rescuing SG and helping to raise over $78k for Breast Cancer Research), this has brought out the worst in a lot of us. I see lots of good, like some amazing fanart, but the way some people express their opinions or threaten actions that betray their generosity just shows a diseased mindset.

Short answer: some people really suck, and this brought out a lot of shitty people.

Now bring on the fanart and awesome stuff and remind me why I like you guys again. :p

Yeah, Eliza is gonna get his.

Minette and Eliza are interesting for most people on a Gameplay level

Annie and Eliza interest people the most on a cosmetic/character level

and Aeon is fucking Aeon

Eliza has the largest sweeping interest base
I thought people wanted Annie for the Sol Badguy influenced gameplay as well. And people wanted Minette because she was cute.

I think Eliza has the bigger fanbase with Annie in 2nd, I'll just have to believe and vote for Annie. It's been fun and tonight has been amazing.
It's funny, if Minette didn't make it into the top 4 and Beowulf did, I think Annie would have a better chance. Getting two character with similar voting blocks to the top 4 might be cool, but I think it will be detrimental to them both in the end.

This last week will be interesting. The speculation will be intense.

Moonlight

Banned
She's actually not going to play like Sol Badguy - I expect influence, but her play-style won't much resemble him. Alex has assured us that she's got his own thing going on, and much of her moveset ties deeply into her cosmic powers. Quasars, nebula uppercuts, microsuns, all that jazz. I keep saying it, and I always mean it - Annie has insane potential.

EDIT: I still think you're overgeneralizing if you think Annie and Minette share the same voting bloc!

She's actually not going to play like Sol Badguy - I expect influence, but her play-style won't much resemble him. Alex has assured us that she's got his own thing going on, and much of her moveset ties deeply into her cosmic powers. Quasars, nebula uppercuts, microsuns, all that jazz. I keep saying it, and I always mean it - Annie has insane potential.

EDIT: I still think you're overgeneralizing if you think Annie and Minette share the same voting bloc!

you have my vote

DaRabidDuckie

Yeah you are right annie winning would be hell.
lol
Real talk? I know you're joking, but in the end I'd be happy no matter who won, simply because the game I love so dearly would be getting expanded. It doesn't matter if it's a character I won't ever use -- someone WILL, and that person may be someone new who got interested in the game because that new character appealed to them, which in the end helps the community grow.

That thought in itself just makes me so freaking happy.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Like I said all flash and no substance :p

Real talk? I know you're joking, but in the end I'd be happy no matter who won, simply because the game I love so dearly would be getting expanded. It doesn't matter if it's a character I won't ever use -- someone WILL, and that person may be someone new who got interested in the game because that new character appealed to them, which in the end helps the community grow.

Dont worry I feel the exact same way :p

All I really hope is that while #TeamStars and #TeamFish try to kill each other, #TeamOtakuTimeGodess won't stab them both from behind and take the win. Seriously how did she sneak up this far.

Moonlight

Banned

7mj3NyN.jpg

Not the same, but similar. I think they have the most crossover too.

I wonder if Lab Zero is tracking stats on which characters were voted on by the same users. In other words, how many people that voted for Annie that also voted for Minette. (For example.) Now that we only get one vote, people's true allegiances will come out.

You mean #TeamBreaksTheFuckingGame

Yeah I agree :p
Do you think if Aeon wins that they'll really make her so broken? I feel that they'll probably devise some other sub gimmick for her so she's not just a vengeful time goddess wiping the floor with everyone.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Not the same, but similar. I think they have the most crossover too.

I wonder if Lab Zero is tracking stats on which characters were voted on by the same users. In other words, how many people that voted for Annie that also voted for Minette. (For example.) Now that we only get one vote, people's true allegiances will come out.

http://strawpoll.me/22943/r

Annie would be more popular for the fan base just due to the fact she's one of those weird ass magic girls that people in the skullgirls fanbase like. So it's not really a problem. Minette gets a different branch of voters *haruhi/luckystar/moe shit* branch which isn't as big in SkullGirls.

And Mauricio, I cant say for sure because I dont got the data but I'll just assume more japan votes went to Minette over Annie

Do you think if Aeon wins that they'll really make her so broken? I feel that they'll probably devise some other sub gimmick for her so she's not just a vengeful time goddess wiping the floor with everyone.
Yes, at least in the Dark Phoenix mvc3 levels of stupid

Crocodile

WHO THE HELL IS VOTING FOR AEON?!?!

Beowulf was 9 votes away from being #4, BTW. :\

Well I voted for Isaac and Beowulf last round, I did my part :p

All in on Eliza this round for me. I'd be cool with an Annie win as well. Going all in on #TeamPenis for the second vote though.

http://strawpoll.me/22943/r

Annie would be more popular for the fan base just due to the fact she's one of those weird ass magic girls that people in the skullgirls fanbase like. So it's not really a problem. Minette gets a different branch of voters *haruhi/luckystar/moe shit* branch which isn't as big in SkullGirls
I don't think a small poll like this is really proof of anything. Going by internet chatter alone, very few people expected Aeon to make the top 8, let alone the top 4.

And while Annie will most likely benefit more than Minette from the male voting block, I think the majority will go to Eliza, who already has a very solid base.

Yes, at least in the Dark Phoenix mvc3 levels of stupid
Do people even consider her good anymore? I thought that fad was over.

Moonlight

Banned
I think we've all been underestimating Japan. It made up six percent of the contributors, not the voters, if I remember correctly. And as was pointed out to me, we have no guarantee that everyone who contributed actually voted. And even less that people kept voting when their favourite character got kicked out. I think Japan has been a single voting bloc that has largely kept voting, and their significance has duly increased as the rounds continue.

...as for who Japan would want, I'm not willing to say. They might just be Aeon's invisible benefactor, or they're pro-Annie or Minette or whoever. I think they're still a wild card, though.

Or I'm completely off-base, and Japan's significance to the polls remains relative to how much they contributed.

Dreavus

I'll echo this sentiment!

Well, minus Marie of course. >_>

Vote Eliza and make 2013 the year of musical Skullgirls~

Squigly the Opera Singer
squigly_singing.jpg

Eliza the Diva
DLC_Eliza.png

BigBand the ... Band
20130314145701-bb_parry2.png

I know you folks out there just want that entire row of thematically matching characters.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't think a small poll like this is really proof of anything. Going by internet chatter alone, very few people expected Aeon to make the top 8, let alone the top 4.

And while Annie will most likely benefit more than Minette from the male voting block, I think the majority will go to Eliza, who already has a very solid base.

Do people even consider her good anymore? I thought that fad was over.
I predicted Minette, Aeon, and Eliza all in top four from the start. Annie was my wildcard an annoying one at that.

And I was refering to MvC3 Phoenix not UMvC3 phoenix

I think we've all been underestimating Japan. It made up six percent of the contributors, not the voters, if I remember correctly. And as was pointed out to me, we have no guarantee that everyone who contributed actually voted. And even less that people kept voting when their favourite character got kicked out. I think Japan has been a single voting bloc that has largely kept voting, and their significance has duly increased as the rounds continue.

...as for who Japan would want, I'm not willing to say. They might just be Aeon's invisible benefactor, or they're pro-Annie or Minette or whoever. I think they're still a wild card, though.

Or I'm completely off-base, and Japan's significance to the polls remains relative to how much they contributed.
I don't think the general voting populous would deteriorate so much that 6% would be a major factor, especially since that group will be as nuanced as any other region.

Maybe Ravi will give us voting stats at the end and we'll see if the total vote count stayed consistent.

I predicted Minette, Aeon, and Eliza all in top four from the start. Annie was my wildcard and annoying one at that.
I'm a proponent of Aeon too, but I think if you look at the thread right now, (as well as other places), Aeon's online presence isn't very vocal at all. We're really the under the radar group.

I'm a proponent of Aeon too, but I think if you look at the thread right now, (as well as other places), Aeon's online presence isn't very vocal at all. We're really the under the radar group.

You can't use what you see online as a metric. If you could, we wouldn't have an all girl finals.

Top Bottom