• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

At first I was like

image.php

But then I was like

image.php

Actually, I went to check my emails after the results got posted because I didn't totally believe them.

Final decision's a no-brainer. Annie for president. Though I'd be fine with Eliza or Aeon as well.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Upon realizing Minette has scales on her arms I have abandoned her.
Unfortunately no one good is left.

I don't like Annie's design, but she'll probably be pretty interesting to watch play. #teamwhatever
Seriously, who the fuck is voting for Aeon
This is my question

Moonlight

Banned
I feel like casual voters were voting for Aeon. I'm still ridiculously baffled as to how she got this far, and it has to have something to do with the one dollar votes, because I have not seen any real motivation for her from where I've been lurking. She's pulling votes from the ether, and it's the only reason I can fathom.

I think this is where Japan made the difference. Those nine votes could definitely be due to that 6% bloc that definitely went female.
Psh, Annie will not be interesting to watch. She'll be all flash and no substance. Screw that.

VOTE MINETTE
Says the guy who uses the NOM loop character.

lol
Maybe Aeon was everyone's throwaway "strategic" vote or something.
Just a really strange character to be in top 8 all around if you ask me.

Moonlight

Banned
Psh, Annie will not be interesting to watch. She'll be all flash and no substance. Screw that.

VOTE MINETTE
Q, moving those goal posts! First, he says that he doesn't like Annie because we don't know enough about her! When we start knowing about her (reminder: REALISTIC MICROSUN), she calls her 'all flash, no substance'! Annie fans are upstanding citizens who don't compromise our positions!

(by the way, those in favour of Skulldudes, there's gonna be another character vote, so don't pack it up. Just vote for Annie, and you've taken out a huge competitor.)

I'm sad about Beowulf, but he'll rebound in round 2.

I am however very excited about Aeon. The super stealth member of #TeamBeon has silently made her way to the top despite all doubters. Lets take this home Aeon, soon your partner Beowulf will be by your side.

Annie and Minette will split the votes and you will reign supreme.

I bet Annie wins. Still voting Minette. Aeon getting so far (specially over Venus) is a bit baffling.

People who don't want Minette haven't played Roll in TVC. She's fun as hell: dem bucket cancels, dem tidal waves, dat heal super.

HAHAHAHAHA! WHAT?!

Of all the potential Top 4 scenarios I would have NEVER expected to see one that was 100% female, this is too fantastic for words and I can predict 0 winners for this round. This is going to be an absolute dead heat.

To TeamStars - TeamFishFood - TeamSandsofTime, I wish you all luck in the final round. I can genuinely say that I'll be happy with any outcome.
640.gif

I throw my hand in for #TeamEliza and hope for the best

I'm sad about Beowulf, but he'll rebound in round 2.

I am however very excited about Aeon. The super stealth member of #TeamBeon has silently made her way to the top despite all doubters. Lets take this home Aeon, soon your partner Beowulf will be by your side.

Annie and Minette will split the votes and you will reign supreme.
Annie and Minette splitting votes would be like Karin and Blanka splitting votes lol.
yeah, I'm voting Annie and then pushing Minette like crazy in vote 2 if Annie wins

bring it on
She certainly has the potential to take round 2 after seeing her make top 4 against all odds. Shotouts to Minette. I respect that, but it's time for Annie to take her rightful place.

Moonlight

Banned
I honestly don't see as much crossover with Annie and Minette fans as you guys seem to. Like, chances are, if you ask an Annie fan what they want, it's doubtful that they'll pull from the same pool of answers as a Minette fan. It's pretty reductive, actually! It's like thinking Beowulf would make it in, just because he was a guy. :lol

All man voters please now channel your energy to the superior Aeon and Eliza. Then we can regroup in round two and push Beowulf to the top.

That's why they'll be voted through is what I'm saying.
Yeah, I misread your comment at first.

I hope you're right. #TeamSuperiorDesign must prevail.

why? they are both in top 4. I had to make a choice and I'm choosing Annie first. I'd seriously be 100% happy with any of them.

screw #teampenis
People are going to be voting very differently in round 2. Much more focused.

Beowulf just missing the top 4 is actually a blessing in disguise. It will galvanize the male voting block and they'll pour their support towards him.

sephi22

No Beowulf?
No Isaac?

Has the entire fanbase gone full retired? The fuck is this shit?
Fucking Minette? Are you guys fucking kidding me?

Can't vote for team Wolfstar.
Will vote for Annie and Eliza now.

But cmon. 4 chicks over Issac and Beowulf? Fuck you horny motherfuckers.

Revenge votes, mentality shifts, and other things.
I'd go with Occam's razor here. If she made it to top 4 then she is at least a secondary character... and a primary to many. She certainly has a better chance than most of the guys outside of Beowulf. :(
No Beowulf?
No Isaac?

Blame the folks who wanted guys and didn't contribute lol.

Also, I mentioned earlier that most of us Annie supporters are shifting gears to Beowulf if Annie wins. Her winning is Beowulf's massive second round boost thanks to our votes that got her to top 4.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
No Beowulf?
No Isaac?

Sorry I dont like voting for boring characters.

No Isaac?
I don't care anymore.
Give your vote to Minette. Thanks :p

No Beowulf?
No Isaac?

To be fair, if you're gonna do that, I'm sure you could also call some of the Beowulf voters "horny motherfuckers" >.>

Moonlight

Banned
No Beowulf?
No Isaac?

Only one vote, only one character gets in this round. Beowulf (and everyone else
except poor Juju :(
) will have another shot next round.

But, y'know. You should vote Annie. Just think about how salty it'll get Minette fans!

There's a good chance the second vote won't look much different.

Most people probably don't even follow the bs of the fanbase's campaigning and likely just vote who they like the best, however they define that.

That reason isn't likely to change just because their character didn't win the first time.

Especially if they made it to the finals this time.

I'm now curious if people voting are actively following fanart and such or have been swayed by something like that. I expect a question to address this in the final round, Ravid!

Top Bottom