• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Ravidrath

Bad news, EU folk...

Just got word from SCEE that they've delayed it to the 24th.

No reason was given, there was no communication, and I don't know why they moved it a full week away when they could've moved it only a day or two.

As you know, we've consistently had problems with this sort of thing with SCEE, so I apologize for getting your hopes up when I probably should've known something like this would happen again.

Rav, any idea what time the psn will update tomorrow?

We're being told that they expect it to be up by noon.

I'll probably deploy the patch a few hours before that.

Bad news, EU folk...

No reason was given, there was no communication, and I don't know why they moved it a full week away when they could've moved it only a day or two.

As you know, we've consistently had problems with this sort of thing with SCEE, so I apologize for getting your hopes up when I probably should've known something like this would happen again.

So, the EU release date for Beo is going to wind up being the 29th, knowing how generally useless SCEE is.

Skye

Anyone have MKX that can give me a screenshot of our credit for the stick driver?

Arturo posted a pic of the credits that happens to show Lab Zero in the credits:
https://twitter.com/nycfurby/status/587883161322975232
CCiUnryWAAAVPeD.png:large

Galdelico

Bad news, EU folk...

No worries, SCEE gonna scee. Totally expected. :D

Is it all good for EU XBLA Skullgirls? I remember we had issues, before, with the patch being up for download, but the game update file still missing.

Ohnonono

Hey Rav! Curious if the news of the new Vita update freeing up memory will help you guys out making an even better version of SG for vita? Not sure if system memory really helps much and maybe you knew before the public did but none the less I am curious. Also I cannot wait to buy your game for the third time on a platform I play ALL THE TIME. You guys are the bomb.

Saikyo

Hey Rav! Curious if the news of the new Vita update freeing up memory will help you guys out making an even better version of SG for vita?
Now the stages can be upgraded from static 2D to 2D with 2 frames animation.

engineerfromsfa3ps1charliestage.gif

Hope the extra ram helps the game have the original stages and what I wrote stay as a joke

Ohnonono

Now the stages can be upgraded from static 2D to 2D with 2 frames animation.

engineerfromsfa3ps1charliestage.gif

Hope the extra ram helps the game have the original stages and what I wrote stay as a joke

Though we have not seen anything most of the really great 2d fighter ports of Vita have pretty long load times. I have no idea how game code and stuff works but I would most likely take load time improvements over level improvements. Either way is cool, and honestly they seem like the sort of developer that would not have been making a Vita version (especially cross play) that was jank in the first place.

Saikyo

Though we have not seen anything most of the really great 2d fighter ports of Vita have pretty long load times. I have no idea how game code and stuff works but I would most likely take load time improvements over level improvements. Either way is cool, and honestly they seem like the sort of developer that would not have been making a Vita version (especially cross play) that was jank in the first place.

Lab Zero does a great job, I am just making a joke because before the vita patch that gave more ram they were "wrestling" with what they had already.

Still working out some kinks in performance and memory, but that's the most of it.

Backgrounds are currently 2D, but we'll see if we can get them back to 3D after some further optimization, now that we have the additional memory they just unlocked.

3D stages with animation are amazing, but in the end when you are playing a lot you wont notice much trying to hit that damn Peacock with some annoying assist...I am not mad or anything, no sir.

Mr. X

Beat Beo Story. So much fan service, you guys killed it.

Use the link a few posts up, I couldnt find it searching through the search on ps3 psn store.

Ravidrath

Piccoro

Bad news, EU folk...

Well at least the patch is out, and there are a lot of people playing online! I can wait for Beo. :)

I didn't really like
Annie's
appearance that much. IDK, she just felt like Deus Ex Machina: the character, and took the focus off Beo a bit too much. Still, loved the story mode.

And yep, this pretty much confirms she'll be a playable character if Skullgirls 2 happens. After Black Dahlia and Isaac, of couse ;)

Top Bottom