• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

I have a question. Do Japanese PS2 titles also work on BC PS3 systems?
Yes, as long as your BC PS3 is Japanese.

Got the OST on iTunes. Awesome. :D
I got it on Amazon. I prefer them and loved that it was a dollar cheaper.

Not sure if that's in the cards any more or not, since getting the characters needed for that would take a long time.
Do you think an Arcade release would ever be a possibility?

Just don't pull a Tim Schafer on us. :p

schafer_10-e1331264842740.png

Congratulations!

Good job with the game. :)

So, what are the plans for the future, other than DLC?

Well the DLC is a pretty huge part of "the future" for Skullgirls. Going beyond the characters we'll probably be seeing a ton of new modes coming down the pipeline. They've teased everything from 2 different types of lobbies (spectator included), online training mode, potential story expansions ... it's all sounding pretty neat.

The future other than DLC ... uh ... Skullgirls 2?

Skull Kart!

Sweet!

Well the DLC is a pretty huge part of "the future" for Skullgirls.

I more meant for the developers, not the game itself. :p Since one of them is posting here, I though I'd ask what's planned other than expanding Skullgirls.

Going beyond the characters we'll probably be seeing a ton of new modes coming down the pipeline. They've teased everything from 2 different types of lobbies (spectator included), online training mode, potential story expansions ... it's all sounding pretty neat.

Speaking of which, is there anything regarding the characters, like, which ones are considered? I'm a noob in this thread!

zlatko

Banned
Sweet!

I more meant for the developers, not the game itself. :p Since one of them is posting here, I though I'd ask what's planned other than expanding Skullgirls.

Speaking of which, is there anything regarding the characters, like, which ones are considered? I'm a noob in this thread!

Brazzers colaboration to bring a SkullGirls tournament.

The top candidates for DLC characters are :

Squigly
squigly_skg-697.png

"Squigly is a zombie opera singer inhabited by the parasite Leviathan, and bests her opponents using “stance cancels” and spatial control powers. "

More than likely outdated movelist concept ... art ... thing.
http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/SingerOfW/Art dump/Squigly/?start=all

Umbrella - Parasoul's sister.
sg_hd_character_lineup_umbrella.png

"Umbrella, little sister of Skullgirls mainstay Parasoul, wields her voracious living umbrella in battle, which grows hungrier and more powerful the longer it isn’t used."

Congrats on the sales thus far. Hopefully the game has a veeeeery long tail. I bet Steam sales could trounce console sales if you guys put in some of that marketing muscle when the PC version drops.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34101682&postcount=552

The ones I think are sure locks:

Umbrella
Squiggly
Venus Lovelace
Black Dahlia
Big Band
Leduc
Panzerfaust
Beowulf(supposedly very brash and manly like Kamina from Tengen Toppa)
D. Violet(instructor's alter ego)

There are more and the total number of unknown characters(not including the ones above) in Ahad/Mike's plans for Skullgirls may be almost 2 dozen. I'm personally hoping for a few playable Dagonians. A shark man is an absolute must. The kid in me has decided that it must happen.
Yes, as long as your BC PS3 is Japanese.
I was hoping that I could use JP PS2 games on my American BC PS3.

oh well...

notworksafe

Autumn Games isn't going to sponsor our tourney this year! :(

I'm considering putting up a pot bonus out of my own pocket...it'd be much less though.

I'll buy ten copies of cross tekken if Skullgirls sells 100k copies.

Oh God don't make the Steam version pleaaase
Actually thought that this one and Umbrella seem the most likely going by the story cutscenes.

And male characters? In Skullgirls? =O
The gender ratio will be flipped. If the game becomes a real success then you might see 7-10 males in total.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
A 2D sidescroller like Hard Corps or Prinny or even Guardian heroes would be a really good, natural fit I think.

Maybe I'll make a mockup for fun one of these days

Ravidrath

What the...? The #Skullgirls OST is #1 Electronic, #1 Jazz, #1 Soundtrack and #2 Overall album on Amazon.jp.

Amazon.jp MP3 Album sales are just weird, on the whole, and it looks like it's just not popular in general... but it's still really surreal.

What the...? The #Skullgirls OST is #1 Electronic, #1 Jazz, #1 Soundtrack and #2 Overall album on Amazon.jp.

Amazon.jp MP3 Album sales are just weird, on the whole, and it looks like it's just not popular in general... but it's still really surreal.
Japan wants this game so badly that it hurts. I've never seen such an outpouring of love for a foreign fighting game. Michiru Yamane and Vincent Diamante must be ecstatic about the album's sales so far.

Oh man...
Hopefully they're all Bridgets.
Everybody likes Bridget. :3
I'd love to make a Metroidvania w/ Valkyrie Profile-style RPG battles, too.
It'd sell gangbusters on the digital platforms. Reverge has a bright future if you guys can work your magic on other genres.

Steaks

You all should make a deep RPG with long lasting choices in the Skullgirls universe. A crafting system with a staggering amount of choices, plus, make sure that there's gray morals and a strong political story.

Clearly this is the perfect game for the Skullgirls universe and I am not telling you to make The Witcher 3.

Top Bottom