• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

alstein

AH3 really seemed to be about exploitation in its visuals. I don't get that vibe from Skullgirls.
What put AH3 over the top was the animated sidebars (which thankfully could be turned off) and the Super KO finish poses.

There's a difference to me at least between sexualization and exploitation, AH3 went over that line. This is one of those "I know it when I see it" opinions though.

AH3 was a good solid fighter for the most part though, though Elsa unblockable setups were silly. I hope Skullgirls ends up the same way, I'm relying on this game to get me to VF. I'm trying hard to keep my expectations reasonable for this, especially since I've never liked Marvel that much.

I really like what I see with Parasoul. I'd main her for sure.

Parasolo all fuckin' day!

AH3 really seemed to be about exploitation in its visuals. I don't get that vibe from Skullgirls.
What put AH3 over the top was the animated sidebars (which thankfully could be turned off) and the Super KO finish poses.

There's a difference to me at least between sexualization and exploitation, AH3 went over that line. This is one of those "I know it when I see it" opinions though.

YUP.

AH3 was a good solid fighter for the most part though, though Elsa unblockable setups were silly.

NOPE.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but...

The latest(and appearently the last) FNF is up! And it's three times longer than usual.

What a great sendoff to Skullgirls before its release. The final FNF and objectively some of the best batch of official footage we've seen released.

To April 10th!

My first thought was
VPmtL.jpg

Nurse Joy from Animaniacs as well.

The redhead from every Tex Avery cartoon.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

AH3 was a good solid fighter for the most part though, though Elsa unblockable setups were silly. I hope Skullgirls ends up the same way, I'm relying on this game to get me to VF. I'm trying hard to keep my expectations reasonable for this, especially since I've never liked Marvel that much.

I don't have an issue with the aesthetics but I think you guys are splitting hairs here trying to defend it.

You can see the panties of every girl in a skirt when they're standing straight up

http://i.imgur.com/KRxsd.jpg

This is what skullgirls made me think of when I first saw it.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Is there a set date for the demo?

I like how the demo has the training mode. Kof13's demo only had the tutorial and local vs. It's hard to get a handle on the game's systems that way.

AH3 was a very good fighter and I have a feeling that this will be good also. You want a truly bad fighter, try Criticom or Rise of the Robots.

Ties

Banned

I like how the demo has the training mode. Kof13's demo only had the tutorial and local vs. It's hard to get a handle on the game's systems that way.
I don't think there was an official confirmation, but demos for digital media are usually released during the launch date.

NEO0MJ

Demo will come out with the game. If you like it all you'll need to do is buy the code to unlock the full game.

Tobe

AH3 hate? Get furby in here! Or did he love melty blood. I am confused now.

AH3.

i can understand why ppl hate AH3 but they didnt gave the game a chance to begin with.l im probably the only one in my FGC who likes it :/ no US xbl release hurt me.

Esura

Banned
AH3.

i can understand why ppl hate AH3 but they didnt gave the game a chance to begin with.l im probably the only one in my FGC who likes it :/ no US xbl release hurt me.

I can't, at least from a gameplay perspective if you are fan of fighters like Melty Blood, Blazblue, and Guilty Gear.

So who in this game plays similar to Aino Heart or Noel Vermillion?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't like the air dashes in arcana. and I consider myself a melty player.

but I'll concede I didn't give the game much of a chance. Mostly because no one else around me played it and I couldn't play it on my laptop

Watched the newest FNF and it is definitely one of the better ones. People are also saying that the new voice(laugh for happy birthday in the first video) is Dr.Sub-Zero. That would be amazing if true.
AH3.

Didn't AH3 come out around the same time as that PSN outage? That must have hurt the game terribly in the US.
The one and only time I saw AH3 played at a local, they were using this character on the right and I pretty much had to consciously stop myself from laughing.
I though BB took it far with Makoto, but this is ridiculous. That girl has to be part cow or something.

goddamn

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't AH3 come out around the same time as that PSN outage? That must have hurt the game terribly in the US.

rofl yeah I think it launched like the day before or definitely the week of the crash.

El Sloth

Banned
<3 SolarPowered

Knew you were the best man for the job.

Xbl: Sloth112
U.S. (North East)

Edit: XBL|Sloth112|El Sloth|N.E. U.S.|EST

Rorshock520

Neo Member
Suppose I might as well post my name here for the sake of getting some good games on...

XBLA: Blank Card 520
PSN: Blank_Card_520 (but I'll mostly be playing on XBLA)

El Sloth

Banned
Oh, forgot to add:

Planning on rocking the best character in the game (i.e. Peacock) as my main chicken with either some Parasoul, Fortune, or Valentine backing her up in a ratio 2 team. I'm leaning a bit more to Parasoul for her projectile. Will eventually learn a team of 3 once playing Peacock and some combination of the other 3 become second nature for me.

Will be valiantly fighting off the Cerebella hordes on launch. Fuck Cerebella. /Pre-launch salt

El Sloth

Banned
The game has been embraced by players from all walks of fighting games in the community. Not everyone plays the most simple and strong characters. Folks like Dacid from the BlazBlue scene have made strong showings with more daunting characters like Painwheel and there are lots of folks who are using Ms.Fortune right now even though she'll probably take the longest to crack open.
In some pre-launch theory fighting, I feel like Painwheel with her installs will end up being a more difficult character to get the most out of than Fortune in the long run.
However, I really, really want the guy with the tank on his arm in the game.

I mean come on. He has a tank. On his arm.
The reason I didn't give up on this game initially. I want TankBro on my team badly.

In some pre-launch theory fighting, I feel like Painwheel with her installs will end up being a more difficult character to get the most out of than Fortune in the long run.

I love Painwheel, and I love installing shit, so I'll be using that super whenever I can.

Which brings up a question.

When Painwheel installs, is it a persistent state through tag outs? Will she still be installed or does she lose it on switch?

I love Painwheel, and I love installing shit, so I'll be using that super whenever I can.

Which brings up a question.

When Painwheel installs, is it a persistent state through tag outs? Will she still be installed or does she lose it on switch?

I believe the way it works is that she stays installed when tagged out but if used as an assist the timer runs down for as long as shes on screen. I think Mike mentioned something about it ages ago ....

http://www.twitch.tv/shinkensou - Skullgirls up next at Texas Showdown!

Edit ... Skullgirls ... over!?!

Dachande

Urgh, already over. I barely saw one round, and all the while a bunch of prats were whinging in the chat about it not being Marvel. Fucksake.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Valentine's syringe counter hits / status affects point character and the assist character? Neat.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Urgh, already over. I barely saw one round, and all the while a bunch of prats were whinging in the chat about it not being Marvel. Fucksake.
The archives have a bunch of footage from yesterday.

The stream probably went down because it's been on and off all weekend. Shit, the main stream has been down since the start.

Top Bottom