• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls PC Beta Thread | Gettin' Squigly Wit It

Before challenging my opponent I should probably derust. What's the current BnB for Squigly, and Fillia? I imagine Cerebella's combos haven't changed much.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Won my first match. :) Can't find my second opponent through Steam search.

lol if we both keep winning we are going to play each other

Before challenging my opponent I should probably derust. What's the current BnB for Squigly, and Fillia? I imagine Cerebella's combos haven't changed much.
I linked squiggly's bnb like 50 times already XD

Practice this

c.MK, c.HP, Silver Chord
Daisy Pusher, s.HK (if no meter or you want to save it do c.MP, s.HK)
j.LP, j.MK, j.HK Fallen Woman H
c.MK, s.HK
j.LK, j.MK, j.HK, Fallen Woman M
s.LK, s.MP, s.HP x2, qcf+lk or dragon punch

Once you have that down practice this

c.MK, c.HP, Silver Chord
Daisy Pusher, s.HP, Seria Cancel
c.MP, s.HK
j.LP, j.MK, j.HK Fallen Woman H
c.MK, s.HK
j.LK, j.MK, j.HK, Fallen Woman M
s.LK, s.MP, s.HP x2, Seria Cancel
s.LP, s.MP, s.HP x2, qcf+lk or dragon punch

joe2187

Banned
tumblr_mrjivjCPyl1qhhv13o1_500.jpg

Don't you just love it when your problems are solved right after complaining about them on the internet?

I have that exact same Laptop. It's awesome.

Steaks

BTW if both of us keep winning, myself and QisTopTier will have to play each other in a couple of matches.

I am guessing the winner of that will be the defacto GAF representative from that point out.

Salsa

I wish all characters had taunts so I wouldnt want to punch the face of the other guy through the monitor every time they keep a chain going after im dead

The Cowboy

God I love this game, is there clear info on what they likely character increase plan is?.

I know that there will be 5 DLC characters (Squigly being the 1st), but after these 5 are out do we know what will happen? - will there be perhaps expansions ala SSF4AE to USF4 or just more additional characters over time or another kick-starter for another 5 etc?.

Just curious as my only real issue is the limited character count, even if it takes a few years I'd love to see it get even more over time (graphics never need be upgraded as due to the art style they'd be fine).

Decided to go solo Squiggly and won my first match 2-0. The second match was really close but my opponent dropped a combo with Double and turned into the fridge which was stupidly easy to punish.

Right now, the 5 characters DLC is the only thing that's planned because it's really the only thing that there are funds for. Anything after that depends entirely on the game's sales and, more importantly, Lab Zero finding another publisher.

Item Box

Decided to go solo Squiggly and won my first match 2-0. The second match was really close but my opponent dropped a combo with Double and turned into the fridge which was stupidly easy to punish.

You're in the same bracket as I, good job on the win. Still waiting on my opponent to respond, but maybe we'll end up playing each other a couple of rounds in

I just downloaded a portion of this today. Very sexy looking, but I decided to cut out that jump loop crap that I've never been able to do. Someday I'll learn how to do the jump loops, but not in the middle of a big tournament.
Right now, the 5 characters DLC is the only thing that's planned because it's really the only thing that there are funds for. Anything after that depends entirely on the game's sales and, more importantly, Lab Zero finding another publisher.
Still waiting for Autumn games to settle their business with Konami before we see any real progress on extra DLC or some sort of expansion. MarvelousAQL will probably be happy just funding a good PC port everyone can make money off of.

Luigi87

Lost terribly! (didn't expect otherwise), but it was a good learning experience. Definitely need to practice, practice, practice more.

Gbraga

I can't assign my controller anymore :C

Anyone else with this issue? I press LK and nothing happens.

I'm using a Qanba Q4RAF in X360 mode, btw.

alstein

Shouldn't the Qanba be in PS3 mode? Just judging from how the label reads
XBOX360 || PS3.PC

Mine works fine like that.

It can work fine in either mode. Try the other mode though, that can solve the issue.

If folks really want an additional expansion, didn't Lab Zero say they'd make a char if fans came out with 250k on their own? Maybe an Annie fan can win the lottery.

Gbraga

Didn't solve the issue, but I just ignored it (assigned my keyboard) and it still worked fine, so whatever, I guess.

Thanks for the help guys :)

Spent a good 2 hours learning how to combo with Cerebella, that flowchart for her really came in handy whoever posted it earlier. Haven't made much progress (still can't execute the beginner combo string in the diagram perfectly) and same goes for Filia. After spending about 5 or so hours in versus I think I'm getting a hang of Valentine's fundamentals though inputting blockbusters after a combo still needs a lot of work. I didn't expect learning combos would be so time consuming, but I'm loving it!

Any tips for this part of Q's Squigly combo?

c.MP, s.HK

I don't have much problem linking lights after cancels, but c.MP is a different story :|

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Any tips for this part of Q's Squigly combo?

c.MP, s.HK

I don't have much problem linking lights after cancels, but c.MP is a different story :|

You are doing the proper charged 2 button press cancels right?
Just mash it out til you see it hit, then adjust your timing slowly so you dont gotta mash it. I still triple tap it in bad connections honestly

What's with the flood of beta keys from prominent players?

Two words - FRESH MEAT. All the skilled players want to cut through new players like a blade through sugar cane. "BLOODY SCREEN, SO REAL!"

I used one of the beta codes from that twitter list this morning and played it (THANKS FOR THAT!). Very Blazblue like, which is fine with me. Valentine in the hands of skilled player is a scary thought. That "EKG" move she does is pretty wicked. The game did dump me to the Steam client, but that is expected given this is a beta version.

I tried to pass that list on to a friend who is really, really, really wanting to get into this beta, but that list is completely dead now. If another key list pops up, someone please pass me a line so I can try and get him into the beta as well. Thanks.

Lemstar

Two words - FRESH MEAT. All the skilled players want to cut through new players like a blade through sugar cane.
Are Justin Wong and ChrisG playing Skullgirls now or something?

Looks like Justin's playing training mode, at least. I wonder who this arrangement benefits more.

Jintor

Sitting in a MikeZ room if anyone wants to play.

Apparently I am free to Cerebella hardcore. Just got torn a new one. I really should learn some BnBs so I can actually deal damage...

Dahbomb

Sitting in a MikeZ room if anyone wants to play.

Apparently I am free to Cerebella hardcore. Just got torn a new one. I really should learn some BnBs so I can actually deal damage...

Bro your ping is really high. You are from Australia I am from US. 500 MS ping. Can't even see your characters.

Jintor

Surprised you were getting any play at all, you're running 360 ms on my side. It's not... terrible in-game until it hits pockets.

Dunno what's up, I ain't downloading crap. Aussie internet I guess.

Before you rolled around though I was playing with someone set to west coast who was only 82 MS, but he might've been an aussie who didn't set their region

TheOGB

Banned
I tried to pass that list on to a friend who is really, really, really wanting to get into this beta, but that list is completely dead now. If another key list pops up, someone please pass me a line so I can try and get him into the beta as well. Thanks.
Oh wait, I've still got my "Backer buddy" key. I'll PM you (or is your friend on GAF so I can PM him directly?)

Dahbomb

Surprised you were getting any play at all, you're running 360 ms on my side. It's not... terrible in-game until it hits pockets.

Dunno what's up, I ain't downloading crap. Aussie internet I guess.

Before you rolled around though I was playing with someone set to west coast who was only 82 MS, but he might've been an aussie who didn't set their region
You were 500-600 Ms for me, you characters were just teleporting around especially the Fortune. lol

Also I am not technically West coast, I am Gulf coast.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Pick the character that you like and give no fucks about whether they are optimal or not. That's what I do with Ibuki in SSF4. Her fighting style just feels right for me, and that is what keeps me interested in developing my fight. That is how it usually goes with fighting games.

Vice

Trying to see if my PC can run this or if I'll need to bootcamp my Macbook. Does anyone have a key? Will there be a demo?Edit: looks like my PC can run this. It's smooth at sub-720p.

petran79

Banned
they only need to make cerebella 360 input more keyboard friendly, like sf4 zangief. I can only perform it with a pad or a stick

ArjanN

they only need to make cerebella 360 input more keyboard friendly, like sf4 zangief. I can only perform it with a pad or a stick

Agreed, 360 moves are terrible and inconsistent on a keyboard.

IMO they should seriously consider providing a two half-circles option / SNK-like quarter circle+half circle option, something like that so it doesn't become too easy to whip out but it'll at least be consistent.

It's a little frustrating because every other type of move in the game works totally fine on a keyboard.

Back from my ban, updated the OP with relevant information from the last couple of weeks.

Meanwhile, a search party has been sent out for my opponent. What a shame. Looks like I might be getting a bye in this first round. Which is good, because that's probably the only way I'm going to win anything.

Top Bottom