• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyforge |OT| Thou shall not workship false prophets

Cracklox

Sorry to hear, man. If it's any consolation, no matter how many times I log in and out, I can't get Skygaf to show up for chat. In retrospect, that isn't probably much consolation.

Also, you spelled my name wrong. It's all good though. You wouldn't want people thinking that ninjas are cooler, so you want to be a bit more careful next time.

Yeah the chat things been doing that for me over the last day or 2. Once, I eventually gave up after 4 or 5 re-logs and then after 10 or so minutes of playing, it just popped in there.

Your name was typed, only in a way that I would enunciate such a word too.....

Sorry to hear. Just a heads up with Tera: it seems to have a memory leak.

After about an 1 hour and a half to 2 hours, the audio will start to stutter. That is how you know it is happening to you. Your frame rate will drop hard.

Only way I've solved it was to restart my client every time. According to their forums, it started when they introduced the gunner update.

Just gave it a quick spin and it's not pushing too many buttons for now. Whats up with the running animation for the horned elf girl race! That cannot be good for your back. I'm sure it gets better, and I'll reserve final judgement until I get into some proper combat against some of the big stuff from the vids. Also I prefer the slightly less cartoony style here

Depending on how long it takes for my connections issues with Skyforge to be corrected, I may or may not go back to it. Leaving it installed for now though

I wanna play my archer :(

So I tried msm today. Tank turns out to be a dude that just picked it for faster queue and immediately switched to cryo. It was very painful and I'm fearful of just jumping into dungeons now. We didn't get far.

Ploid 3.0

Yeah the chat things been doing that for me over the last day or 2. Once, I eventually gave up after 4 or 5 re-logs and then after 10 or so minutes of playing, it just popped in there.

Your name was typed, only in a way that I would enunciate such a word too.....

Just gave it a quick spin and it's not pushing too many buttons for now. Whats up with the running animation for the horned elf girl race! That cannot be good for your back. I'm sure it gets better, and I'll reserve final judgement until I get into some proper combat against some of the big stuff from the vids. Also I prefer the slightly less cartoony style here

Depending on how long it takes for my connections issues with Skyforge to be corrected, I may or may not go back to it. Leaving it installed for now though

I wanna play my archer :(

I think it's a Anime thing where ninjas or anyone running leans into the wind to make it seem as if they are moving very fast. Naruto does it a lot.

c2vgJ6b.gif

Cracklox

^^^ Yeah msm tough with an ill prepared group without people who know what they're doing. A good LB or 2 helps too. I've got 2 more 5 mans open to me, but haven't even tried. Those places seem to attract the biggest douches when PUGing. Hopefully we can do some Gaf runs soon.

As for my issue, I just found something a little odd at my end that may or may not be causing the issue. I've just noticed that the game files, for some reason, have installed on an external hard-drive I have connected. Not exactly sure how that happened as C drive is my default.

The external drive (a seagate) likes to go into a sleep mode or something after a while and can take a moment to wake up. Maybe thats causing my issues. I'm throwing shit at a wall a bit, but I'm going to uninstall and re-install, and make sure it goes on my C drive and see what happens. Aussie internet speed should have the game re-downloaded in 6-7 hours or so.

Oh and thanks, Ploid. At least it comes from somewhere. Haven't watched any anime for a LONG time. I gave up when nothing could top fist of the north star

edit - yeah re-installing and it does default the location to my F drive. Its not even plugged in atm! Anyway hopefully this makes it better. Sit rep coming later

I've not been able to use guild chat since the server upgrade. It's not even an option in my chat window.

Completely forgot we upgraded guild size. I'll be around a decent amount tomorrow and will try to send out invites.

I've not been able to use guild chat since the server upgrade. It's not even an option in my chat window.

Completely forgot we upgraded guild size. I'll be around a decent amount tomorrow and will try to send out invites.

We're actually working on it again, too! I've promised the kids we'll go swimming tomorrow (which is actually today, I guess) but after I'm home from that and dinner, I'll hop on inviting, too. I'm in all day Sunday.

Vex_

Banned
It was fun being a Kinetic, especially after Sledgehammer, but I think I have to focus on Paladin and Lightbinder. There are way too many dd's in this game and I'm feeling the guilt of adding to it. I actually never mained a tank in a MMO, though I did use Thief to evasion tank in FFXI, and I liked it a lot.

Kinetic is the truth.com

Edit: Man this game destroys my style of playing class based games. I like to try different classes before I even get one capped (about 6 characters in ffxiv at 45+ when the cap was 50, and only 2 at 50). I'm close to unlocking Berserker too, I think I'll just go with the flow and let things happen.

I do not like starting new classes at high levels, and without enough abilities. My Paladin will be at around 5k prestige and even if I take off all the items he will be high because of the Ascension Atlas nodes, and equipment boosters.

DD?

How do I get the items in game? I entered the code, it said code redeem successful or whatever, but I'm not seeing any of the items in game :/

I didn't get mine till they reset the servers, so can't say for sure, but they appear as a back pack icon in your inventory.

well....i feel a bit silly. just realised you can substitute sparks of evolution for class sparks.
now my archer has more than 1 skill :D

Cracklox

Ok so my game seems a little better but its still pretty borked. I can get more then 2 minutes out of it at least, but time outs and d/c's persist

I'm also think it may be extending to people not getting invites. Now that I think of it, almost all of the people that have accepted my invite, were on at the time and joined straight away. I'm now thinking my invites are going the same place as half of the messages in chat, if the people aren't on to get them.

I shall struggle on, but yeah we have a few waiting on invites and the capacity to get them in, so as you guys mentioned if you can do some invites when your on next, that'd be swell

Vex_

Banned
well....i feel a bit silly. just realised you can substitute sparks of evolution for class sparks.
now my archer has more than 1 skill :D

Should we be using those? I havent gotten any since the betas started. Do we ever get anymore? im afraid gais... ._.

EDIT: Also holy shit at the emotes LMAO!

game can be beautiful sometimes @.@

Cracklox

Should we be using those? I havent gotten any since the betas started. Do we ever get anymore? im afraid gais... ._.

The way they work is you will earn them on only on premium, once you have maxed a class, in place of its class sparks. If you're not on premium you will keep earning class sparks which are pretty useless when maxed.

Not sure how I feel about it really. I guess they are pushing to sell premium though

In other news, there's a boss called Algore

Cracklox

Are the pantheon invites supposed to show up on the pantheon tab or somewhere else? Unless i'm blind I can't find it.

Hey mate. They should show up on the left of screen. F1 to accept. There have been a few 'issues' though

If you're on now, i'll try and log on and PM you. My invites seem to work better when the person is actually on.

JambiBum

Hey mate. They should show up on the left of screen. F1 to accept. There have been a few 'issues' though

If you're on now, i'll try and log on and PM you. My invites seem to work better when the person is actually on.

Yeah I'm on now. I wasn't on when you sent it so thats probably why.

Cracklox

Hey all I think we have 3 days of free premium. At least I do. And the games working well for me all of a sudden.

Too many strange things going on.....

hoooy boy! It gets better. Just unlocked Slayer. Let that sit for a while while I max Archer

double edit. and guild chat is working!!!

JambiBum

Hey all I think we have 3 days of free premium. At least I do. And the games working well for me all of a sudden.

Too many strange things going on.....

hoooy boy! It gets better. Just unlocked Slayer. Let that sit for a while while I max Archer

double edit. and guild chat is working!!!

I got the three days of premium yesterday I think. Maybe that was the gift they gave everyone for the server problems.

Cracklox

Yah, I was just about to say. 3 days premium?

Yup

Message from: Legatus
Today, we are sending all accounts 3 days of Premium status, as a first step, since there were issues on Wednesday and Thursday plus Friday we were down for an extended period. This is going out now. When you log into the game it will activate automatically and add to your total (if you don't have it right when logging in right now, give it some time as the server is processing all of the accounts).

The results of our server updates/additions yesterday are promising but we are still evaluating them and monitoring. Once we have more logs/information on the server conditions we can have a better idea on if there will be further actions needed.

I haven't played in a couple days. Or rather I tried the other day and was put in a queue and I stopped trying that day. It was the day it got patched. How was this patch anyway?

JambiBum

So here's a question, is divine form worth taking early on before you unlock another class or should you hold off on unlocking that node?

I'm on and able to invite if anyone needs one. I've heard some saying that inviting people who are offline can bug out sometimes.

Cracklox

So here's a question, is divine form worth taking early on before you unlock another class or should you hold off on unlocking that node?

that divine node needs currency that isnt available to 30k+ sorry. Its so close and tantalizing though. You should have time to get through a few classes before then

Invites are reasonably up to date too. Got a couple of new recruits before, and have a sent a couple of others. Feel free to look over the doc though

added myself to the spreadsheet for an invite

I bought the starter pack so I guess i'm in it for a bit. I really like it though. the grinding is whatever to me, I've done this shit for years

Zomba13

I thought this was another moba so I ignored it until I heard on the Giant Bombcast it's actually a PSO style action-MMO like thing? Games need to have like, a label these days "Not another MOBA" or something.

I'm beginning to believe that Skygaf chat is an oft told folktale, one that I swear I've seen myself, yet just as a fleeting glimpse in the corner of my eye, with nary enough evidence to prove that it exists.

Dead

well not really...yet

Hmm, yeah, I dont see any invite either in my game, and the spreadsheet says I was sent one

Clearos

Did a 3v3 pvp match due to the x2 on the reward. I miss pug match ups; got yelled at by the other team because one of their players left the match and it was 3 v 2. Fair to say I granted them no quarter.

Finally slayer unlock, few more nodes before I can hang up the sword and board.

Did a 3v3 pvp match due to the x2 on the reward. I miss pug match ups; got yelled at by the other team because one of their players left the match and it was 3 v 2. Fair to say I granted them no quarter.

Finally slayer unlock, few more nodes before I can hang up the sword and board.

Twas the right choice.

DrBo42

There are elements I really like about this game like the combat and node system ripped from PoE but repeating these areas over and over...fuck. Does it open up at 2k?

up to around 6500 prestige now. trying to do dungeons to up my item level as everything now seems stupidly hard.

also i am joining into squad things as 6200 prestige and they are listed as HARD but i am grouped with 5200-5500 prestige people? wtf is up with that? are they queing on impossible?

if it wasn't obvious, basically all of those groups are failing as 99% of the time it is 3 dps classes aswell

There are elements I really like about this game like the combat and node system ripped from PoE but repeating these areas over and over...fuck. Does it open up at 2k?

Everything gets better as you go, just try enjoy the slow progression system rather than trying to rush it all

You'll always be repeating areas, it's a lot like PSO or Guild Wars 1 in that way, but you get more options. I have about 13+ dungeon options to me at 5k prestige (2 5-mans and the rest are 3-man/solo) as well as various open regions and a challenge room thing, and there's still many more I haven't unlocked yet. Early on it's a bit more painful because you have like 3 or 4 options of places to do, but as you go on the game opens a bit.

Ended up buying the CE and wow I actually really like Alchemist now that I've opened up some abilities for it. Having an army of little goo minions rushing at an enemy is always hilarious looking. Also leveled up Knight some so that I can check that out and use it if needed.

Cracklox

Well, after some hope last night after a good play session with no issues. I've just tried logging in 5 times, got in once for 5 minutes and was d/c. FML

While waiting I did find this handy tool however

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...JhGV44X-nt8HzvC5F3t0/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#

It's a table showing recommended proficiency and prestige requirements for each dungeon at each difficulty. Can imagine it will get outdated as the game is patched and adjusted but its pretty useful for now.

Seems to be a good number of dungeons by the end too. At 8.5, i've only unlocked around half of those

Vex_

Banned
I think you have the worst luck ever with this game, lox. :(

All these issues you keep having. Must suck. Only issue I ever had was some lag here and there and when they take the servers offline. I am lucky I guess.

Cracklox

Yeah tbh its only gotten really bad since getting to Viene at 7.4. Until then I only really had issues in the observatory. Right now it seems to d/c me every time I talk to an NPC to advance a story quest too.

The only 2 areas I have access to, to zone from, are Viene and the observatory, both of which are giving me issues. So i could just run dungeons, which haven't been a problem but then I have to zone back to one of those, and the game will inevitably hang on a loading screen and time out.

For probably 3 hours last night too, I beat up stuff in Viene and completed all the quests there, was zoning around and just playing forgetting about the issues. Felt good. Then i got booted.....

With each patch and/or server maintenance I cross my fingers, but nothing has really improved so far. I also have a support ticket with them that there has been some communication on, so hopefully they will work something out there.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Im getting wrecked on my knight feels like my dps is worse than anything

Im getting wrecked on my knight feels like my dps is worse than anything

Switching to a new class is difficult and generally quite painful. It's best to not play the class until you've put enough points in their atlas to where you can earn their class sparks, and even then you'll still hit a difficulty bump until you can catch up. You may want to run some lower difficulty instances and farm some class sparks rather than jumping into content for your prestige. Something like Port Naori on the lowest difficulty is easy spark farming.

Armaros

Switching to a new class is difficult and generally quite painful. It's best to not play the class until you've put enough points in their atlas to where you can earn their class sparks, and even then you'll still hit a difficulty bump until you can catch up. You may want to run some lower difficulty instances and farm some class sparks rather than jumping into content for your prestige. Something like Port Naori on the lowest difficulty is easy spark farming.

Yup it's like playing a high level character in other MMOs but you have only level 10 abilities to use.

Top Bottom