• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: Gigantic Info Flood And Screens [Update: Tons Of New Info In OP]

MrBig

NBtoaster said:
I don't think it's a new engine, despite what the pr says.
Most of the major components have been re-built and written from the ground up, but it is still the same old engine underneath. Basically the normal progression of game engines.

Unicorn

NullPointer said:
The worst is when you've attracted some enemy attention (cue battle music), look around frantically and can't see what the hell is after you, only to have the peaceful music cut back in after 20 seconds.

Its the video game equivalent of a Dungeon Master making a hidden die roll behind his RPG screen and laughing maniacally.
Thank you for that. I'm glad I'm not the only one to know that feeling.

i_hug_that_feel.png

Grinchy

Banned
kevm3 said:
Thank God I built this gaming PC so I don't have to worry about possibly getting an inferior version with PS3
I can't wait to find out for sure if Skyrim will run on my PC better than it would on PS3. I'm assuming I will easily run it better on my PC.

It would be the first time I've gotten to play a new Elder Scrolls on a PC.

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
Damn. I usually do not get too excited about upcoming games,but this is an exception. Between Dark Souls and Skyrim I will be set for a while.

Grinchy said:
I can't wait to find out for sure if Skyrim will run on my PC better than it would on PS3. I'm assuming I will easily run it better on my PC.

It would be the first time I've gotten to play a new Elder Scrolls on a PC.

Grats!

Don't be alarmed if it's not all that different at first, once the mod scene really gets cooking, which is usually about 3 - 6 months after release, you'll see just how much better ES games are on PC.

Top Bottom