• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: New Screenshots (Races)

The_Monk

Tricky I Shadow said:
Yup. And it wasn't shown but you get the cloth map with it too:

152697_detail_v2jpg

Thanks for answering. Too bad, I would have pre-ordered that edition DAY 1.

I wonder if it is even possible, or not super expensive to order that edition to be delivered in here... (Portugal)

Simo

For Euro-GAF, Amazon has updated their listings so that preorders come with the 5 track soundtrack:
Soundtrack_inlay.jpg

This offer so far excludes the UK.

The OP mentions how there were no plans for a OST release but Pete Hines confirmed on twitter yesterday that fret not, we will be getting a full OST release.

Styles

So I went ahead and pre-ordered mine at JB hifi, you get the full guide plus cloth map for at no extra cost, actually even cheaper by 10 dollars. :D I'd rather own a guide then a steel case and some random art cards. EBgames in NZ rips people off everytime.

Fjordson

Billychu said:
If you buy it for PC you already have the soundtrack.
Buying it for 360. But I mean a proper OST as a bonus. Would be sweet.

Though it sounds like we're getting a separate release, so I guess it's not too bad. Mad jealous of that limited edition, though.

Simo said:
Spain has a preorder bonus where you receive a 5 track OST. I'd take that over the map, since I'm getting it anyway with the CE.
What retailer exactly? I pre-ordered from GAME and I know I'm getting the cloth map but I had no idea about the OST.

Icefire1424

Mastperf said:
The moment the conversation turns to Dino Riders is the moment you realize how badly we need new media and info.

Heh, my bad - didn't intend to derail the thread, byproduct of me being a child of the 80's.

Bengraven - you're the man, that was going to drive me out of my mind.

Darklord

Banned
Vect said:
So I went ahead and pre-ordered mine at JB hifi, you get the full guide plus cloth map for at no extra cost, actually even cheaper by 10 dollars. :D I'd rather own a guide then a steel case and some random art cards. EBgames in NZ rips people off everytime.

Harvey Norman have it for $72 is you want it a bit cheaper. Comes with the map too.

Simo

Tony Redgrave said:
What retailer exactly? I pre-ordered from GAME and I know I'm getting the cloth map but I had no idea about the OST.

Not sure exactly but saw that somebody from Spain had asked Hines about how many tracks were on the preorder OST and he answered.

Blue Ninja said:
Checking out the (semi-official) map, and my hype just went up a notch. I just want to get lost in that world. Kill a bunch of dragons, marry some Nordic woman and hunt Mammoths.

INTO MY VEINS.

Are people still excited for large open maps in games? I mean I can probably name 40+ games since Oblivion came out that have as large of a sense of scale & openness.

To me personally, the size of the world is at the very bottom of my list for what I want from the game.

ElyrionX

Umm, I didn't realize that this game retained the whole level up by using your skills shit in Oblivion. I *HATED* that shit. It just forced me to restrict/control my own movements and actions so that I ended up leveling only the skills I want.

I thought they were going to use the Fallout mechanic of selecting what skills to increase after leveling via experience points.

SO little spare time and so much needed for this game. Hell, Dead Island is taking me a month to finish because I'm just running around looking for random stuff and having fun. I plan on spending a few hours alone making sure my character roll is perfect, then I'm going it will be a week before I finish the next story quest after the tutorial. I remember spending so much time messing around in Oblivion that I got bored. when I came back a year later, it was like playing the game all over again because I never did any of the main story, which was only OK.

Gravijah

from what i understand, you don't really need to worry about character rolls because there are no stats.

wait, are we going to be able to pick classes period?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Gravijah said:
from what i understand, you don't really need to worry about character rolls because there are no stats.

I thought you could switch at any time using the Traveller(?) Stones that you find in the world.

Gravijah said:

No stats...and they are keeping the leveling system from Oblivion?
Maybe a total blackout wasn't the best idea, I don't think I understand how the game is going to work at all :/

Blue Ninja said:
Checking out the (semi-official) map, and my hype just went up a notch. I just want to get lost in that world. Kill a bunch of dragons, marry some Nordic woman and hunt Mammoths.

INTO MY VEINS.

So, how much time before a release (fan made, or mod) with the entire Tamriel empire on one map, where you can ride and fly your dragon (pss, horses are for sissies) and get the combat right and upgrade/leveling perfected ?

Biggzy

Muddimar said:
Are those console screens?

Probably. Although according to Tom Howard, the PC version will not be getting any particular special attention. So what you are seeing here is vaguely what the PC version will look like- minus the resolution and AA differences and probably some slightly higher-res textures.

Lakitu

st5fu
Eurogamer Preview

I love things like this:

Also to be found are strange, small vignettes - simple scenes it's hard not to spin your own interpretation from. Deciding to swim to the facing shore, I found a lonely fisherman sat on a tiny island. Perhaps, at some point later in the game, he would have a fuller purpose, but here he just sadly observed that there would be enough fish for everyone if no-one was too greedy.

GhaleonEB

One advantage of a brutal work schedule the past few months is time has really flown by. Just a few weeks to go!

And good thing too. Not sure I can take much more of this. New screens have me wanting to go exploring, big time.

Lakitu

st5fu
1up Preview

My favourite preview so far because it's one that doesn't follow the usual Riverwood > Bleak Falls Barrow route.

You can be nice -- help a jester whose coffin-carrying cart has broken down -- or be a jerk -- help the locals chase away said jester.

:lol

KingK

So, my original plan was to just wait and get this as a Christmas present, but I just noticed that Amazon has $10 credit for pre-ordering it. I also just caved on my media blackout and watched a bunch of gameplay videos that got me hyped as hell. Now I am strongly considering pre-ordering on Amazon. Don't know what I would ask for for Christmas then though. Money, I suppose?

I'm going to try to stay strong and wait it out til Christmas though. Maybe once I have Batman, and then UC3 in my hands, this impulse will die down.

See You Next Wednesday said:
Are people still excited for large open maps in games? I mean I can probably name 40+ games since Oblivion came out that have as large of a sense of scale & openness.

To me personally, the size of the world is at the very bottom of my list for what I want from the game.

I think the excitement is that you know what you're getting with giant Bethesda map. You know you're going to get a map packed with hidden things, packed with passion and charm from the developer, with tons of places to explore.

ironcreed

Banned
I am pretty much on the home stretch of Dark Souls, so will be nice and ready to kick back, relax and get lost in Skyrim. What a year.

ihasaflavour

Neo Member
Would love some opinions;

My friend told me all these awesome adventures he had. Late hours, endless dungeons and quests, sleeping and waking up to a bite from a vampire. I had to ask,

"What is this game?!"

"Oblivion. You haven't played it before? It came out like 4+ years ago!"

So I picked up it. I have mixed feelings with it. The combat was OK at best, but the "World" just felt dead. The stale and lifeless like people of the World, were dry as cardboard.

I did enjoy the exploring...

Anyways, this is getting way to long. My question is, should I pick up the GOTY edition of Oblivion, and give it another shot? I will for sure be getting Skyrim, no questions. I just wonder if I should stave off my cravings, with trying to enjoy Oblivion once more.

Thanks for any replies!

supersaw

So got shafted at the EB Games Expo on the Gold Coast Australia, Beth was apparently exhibiting Skyrim so my hopes were way the fuck up for a hands-on demo like they've been doing at the last few expos. Lo and behold they play the fucking E3 video on a big screen and think that it's sufficient.

Top Bottom