• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

Fletcher

oh man. I love my new PC. I've purchased this and Darksiders 2 for the same price of one game. I didn't have to choose!

This is living.

Soi-Fong

Seriously hoping my rig can handle this.

Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V Gen 3
CPU: i7 2600k 3.4Ghz
Heatsink: Corsair H100
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600mhz
SSD: Corsair Force 3 240 GB & Intel 320 series 160 GB
GPU: Diamond HD 5970
Power Supply: Corsair AX 850

I want to be able to run it at near max settings and still get decent frames, but it's worrying that SE still hasn't released any "recommended" requirements.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

I want to be able to run it at near max settings and still get decent frames, but it's worrying that SE still hasn't released any "recommended" requirements.

Yeah. I too have no idea if my impressive build will run this game. If only system specs were in the op.

nashb81

Neo Member
I was really excited till I saw the quick look from GB. Now I'm kind of weary.

Also is it just my shitty connection or does the OT spaz out a bit when viewed via the mobile version of the forum? Good job btw.

Nabs

Must download more ram.

Instro

Yeah. I too have no idea if my impressive build will run this game. If only system specs were in the op.

Why read text when there's so many pretty pictures.

I hope this game turns out well, I'll probably be picking it up down the line assuming it isn't a massive pile of garbage. Was a big fan of the original True Crime, certainly more so than GTA.

If I can land a job at school then this is one of the first games I'll be picking up with the extra money. Really looking forward to it!

Orca

Man I hope it runs on my sick setup.

Xbox 360 slim
250 GB HDD
controller
HDMI

I couldn't think of anything else to list

OH WAIT

KINECT

Ax1bH.gif

lol - yeah, it's going to run it just fine. Read the OP for the specs.

Again? You also did this in the Steam thread.
Is this all you do? Bragging about you rig and saying "I hope I can run it lol".

We get it it. You have a lot of money. Congratulations.

Fjordson

Xbox 360 slim
250 GB HDD
controller
HDMI

OH WAIT

KINECT

Ax1bH.gif

holy shit :lol

Anyways, hope this game is good. Bit unsure right now, but there sure as hell ain't anything else coming out for me in the near future so I'm feeling pretty lenient.

Yagharek

It's been a long time since Ive given a single fuck about an open world game. Crackdown was the last one.

I'm going to give this a shot. The last few weeks of impressions show the game has come in well under the radar and looks like it should be a quality "guilty pleasure game". I'm going to play it expecting the kind of ridiculous game as with Disaster Day of Crisis and Dynamite Cop 2. Even though its not the same sort of game.

Hopefully its an engaging world and a fun one to explore.

EXCITE!

@MUWANdo

Banned
Please, tell me this isn't what I'm thinking it is.

Hi res textures sold as DLC?

Anyway, too many DLCs, the game looks interesting but I'll wait for the inevitable GOTY version or the Xmas sales.

I think they said the DLC will be a mixture of free and paid content, didn't they?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Again? You also did this in the Steam thread.
Is this all you do? Bragging about you rig and saying "I hope I can run it lol".

We get it it. You have a lot of money. Congratulations.
He's running AMD Crossfire so he has a legitimate reason to be concerned.

triggaz

Banned

Fuck outta here

hamchan

No, your rig can't handle it. What a shame.

why do people always do that, posting rigs that can destroy gameplay perfectly and "hope" they can play it must be a troll post half the time, lol.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
Badly conceiled stealth-brag.

"Hey, I have the hottest gaming setup money can buy right now, can I play this game?"

"No, we make games that only PCs from the year 2050 can play".

Nibel

Nope, sorry man

Tiktaalik

I gotta say I'm super happy this game is out there. I mean really how often has this happened that a cancelled game has gotten a new life like this? Brutal Legend? I can't think of many others.

edit: Btw great OT.

I dont know, the heatsink might be bit on the low side.

Xbox 360 slim
250 GB HDD
controller
HDMI

OH WAIT

KINECT

Ax1bH.gif

Ahhhhahaha, I love this post. Good stuff.

Anyways, got this pre-ordered for the PS3. I wasn't sure at first, but all the recent gameplay vids swayed me. Plus it feels good to flip the bird at Activision.

ekim

embargoes end tomorrow / in 10 hours:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arC5...medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed&pxtry=3

PC requirements (from the jp site):
Version of the Windows operating environment required is as follows. (Windows95/98/ME/2000/XP is not supported) Microsft Windows Vista ® / Windows 7: OS CPU: 2.4GHz or Intel ® Core2Duo2.0GHz AthlonX2 more than 2GB: Main Memory or 11 compatible DirectX ® 10: graphics board or more ATI Radeon3870 or AMD ATI card NVIDIA ® GeForce8800GT or NVIDIA ® more than 320MB: graphics memory Sound board compatible with DirectX ®: Sound Board 10GB: HDD capacity disk drive: Dual-Layer DVD drive that corresponds to the (dual-layer disc) Internet connection and service required for the authentication procedure: Internet

KAP151

Aussies and Kiwi's get an exclusive ANZ edition with extra content!

anz_7.jpg

*In addition to the Georges St. Pierre (GSP) content and Police Protection content found in the UK limited edition, the ANZ limited edition will also include a Martial Arts content.

The additional content includes the “Shaolin Showdown” mission; a Shaolin warrior outfit with increased striking damage; bonus Triad XP points; and a Wing Chun decoration for safe house with temporary combat buff. *

Dead Man

Aussies and Kiwi's get an exclusive ANZ edition with extra content!

anz_7.jpg

*In addition to the Georges St. Pierre (GSP) content and Police Protection content found in the UK limited edition, the ANZ limited edition will also include a Martial Arts content.

The additional content includes the “Shaolin Showdown” mission; a Shaolin warrior outfit with increased striking damage; bonus Triad XP points; and a Wing Chun decoration for safe house with temporary combat buff. *

Still going to import it.

Top Bottom