• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

TTP said:
1zxy3b8.jpg

I want your babies.

Loudninja

Vinterbird said:
This might be a bit of a long shot, but I noticed during a video for Batman: Arkham Asylum a bunch of blurred out pieces of hardware at Rocksteady Studios.

Some of it looks a bit like that PS3 Slim design people have been talking about:
pic

There's also a bunch of blurred out stuff that might be the waggle wand, but that looks a bit like the Slim.

Grasping at straws, or that could be it?

I dont know what does a 360 dev kit looks like?

noah111

Still Alive
Hydrargyrus said:
It seems that Rocksteady team has already the PS3 Slim
From the making of video (1:35 minute)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BoMBFuI-9Y
Was posted pages ago, probably an Xbox 360, IIRC dev units are usually black.. not sure why they would blur it though, or the seemingly 360 white controller.

Also, the blurred image with the yellow border can't be a PS3, look where the USB/plug is coming from.. in any position you put the PS3 it would be coming from the bottom, not the top.

CoG

Ether_Snake said:
Errr no, they just censor all consoles/branding/etc. It is common. We always have to hide our controllers, etc., when filming occurs in the studio.

What about the giant Dell logo on the monitor?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
CoG said:
What about the giant Dell logo on the monitor?

I mean game-related branding. We're asked to specifically hide PS3/360 controllers, etc., quite often during filming.

But whatever, believe it's a PS3 Slim if you want, but it's not.

noah111

Still Alive
Ether_Snake said:
I mean game-related branding. We're asked to specifically hide PS3/360 controllers, etc., quite often during filming.

Ah I see, I was assuming they were a 360 and PS3 dev units, but wasn't sure why exactly they would be censoring them, but if that is standard then it's more than likely not a slim at all... doubt they would be using slim dev units at this point anyways, especially in the public office..

Truespeed

Hydrargyrus said:
And why is it censured then?
PS3 Slim is the most probable option IMO

I agree. Have you thought about submitting the picture to Kotaku? They pay very well for breaking news. I owe my i7 core system with 2 GTX 285's to the money I received from Kotaku.

Ether_Snake said:

Oh yeah, I think the same was done on a "the making of.." HAZE video.

A PS3 controller was censored and people were analyzing the shit out of it being the dualshock (this was back when the dualshock 3 was still wasnt released).

Truespeed

Ether_Snake said:

It's not even a question. Why would a development house even have a slim in the first place. Since there are no slim dev units at this time, or test units for that matter, the suggestion that these are PS3 slims is ludicrous.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Sentry said:
Ah I see, I was assuming they were a 360 and PS3 dev units, but wasn't sure why exactly they would be censoring them, but if that is standard then it's more than likely not a slim at all... doubt they would be using slim dev units at this point anyways, especially in the public office..

PS3 dev kits are HUGE, almost like 2 foot long (well, ok, a bit less, but huge). They are giant black boxes.

Truespeed

patsu said:
:) I can't forget this image. It's pretty accurate in expressing my impression of Sony's collective decisions.

It also reminds me of those inspirational posters: "Teamwork"

I'm surprised that no one has taken advantage of all that white space in his note pad. There's so much potential there.

Truespeed

Ether_Snake said:
PS3 dev kits are HUGE, almost like 2 foot long (well, ok, a bit less, but huge). They are giant black boxes.

Perhaps the old $10,000 "Betamax" models, but the new $2000 dev kits share the current PS3 form factor.

Doubledex

Banned
Short info from germany. They have to sell all their PS3s in stock (message from SONY)
Example: Media Markt
PS3 + one game for ~339

dolemite

Doubledex said:
Short info from germany. They have to sell all their PS3s in stock (message from SONY)
PS3 + one game for ~339
I'm wondering why Sony is concerned about these Phats? They already got their money when stores purchased these Phats from Sony, so why all the hassle?

Woo-Fu

Banned
dolemite said:
I'm wondering why Sony is concerned about these Phats? They already got their money when stores purchased these Phats from Sony, so why all the hassle?

Because shitting on the retail channel isn't the best way to make friends.

noah111

Still Alive
Doubledex said:
PS3 + one game for ~339
Nice, thanks for the info. Anyone who doesn't expect a PS3 slim in the horizon (like GC horizon not TGS :lol) is either uninformed or the denying Sony PR people they send out.

dolemite said:

I'm not sure where the discussion has been going lately, but it makes the most sense that they want to clear the stock of current models. They are discontinued models. So in all likelihood, the Slim will actually debut at a higher price tag than the Phat.

I'd guess something like, 299 phat. 349 slim.

Once the phats are gone.

299 slim.

Microsoft did the same thing when they discontinued 20gb models, phasing them out for 60gb ones.

SoccerGoaliePro said:
I hope it comes out on the same day of gamescon
I don't think that will happen. I mean, wouldn't the stores already have it and someone would leak us information about it. So I don't expect it to be released until like September.

Carl

Shadowlink said:
I don't think that will happen. I mean, wouldn't the stores already have it and someone would leak us information about it. So I don't expect it to be released until like September.

Kaz told everyone to keep their mouths shut. When Kaz tells you to do something, you better do it!

Carl said:
Kaz told everyone to keep their mouths shut. When Kaz tells you to do something, you better do it!
Still, someone would leak it, even if Kaz tells you to shut your mouth
unless he gave them a copy of Ridge Racer :p

spwolf

Shadowlink said:

info from europe says preorders from late august, sales from sept 1st. thats only 20 days away dude.

Massa

Shadowlink said:
Still, someone would leak it, even if Kaz tells you to shut your mouth
unless he gave them a copy of Ridge Racer :p

Well, if that's true then stores have leaked it.

Machado

Arpharmd B said:
I'm not sure where the discussion has been going lately, but it makes the most sense that they want to clear the stock of current models. They are discontinued models. So in all likelihood, the Slim will actually debut at a higher price tag than the Phat.

I'd guess something like, 299 phat. 349 slim.

Once the phats are gone.

299 slim.

Microsoft did the same thing when they discontinued 20gb models, phasing them out for 60gb ones.

are they really discontinued models?

299 slim are possible but I don't think we will see the price maybe 299 euro----349 dollars with no pricedrop to $299 for a long while, maybe a year

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Machado said:
are they really discontinued models?

299 slim are possible but I don't think we will see the price maybe 299 euro----349 dollars with no pricedrop to $299 for a long while, maybe a year

It's going to be $299, bookmark it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom