• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Machado said:

You have to realize that's how SCE does pricing.
For example, it WAS $399/399EURO/39,980 Yen.

With the new pricing it will be
$299/299EURO/29,980 Yen.

See the pattern?

Machado said:

shawshank2.gif

... my man.

Machado

Kagari said:

$299/299EURO/29,980 Yen.

See the pattern?

patterns can't be changed?

I mean exchange currencies chance all the time, why not price patterns??

BTW: I heard at e3 that they are finally releasing the ps3 in south america, what does this mean for a person like me, for example??

I mean I have only seen two official sony distributors in my city, both of them sell ps3 already, only at a very high price (over $1000). I think they import them from US, buyy at walmart or whatever and sell them at a higher price. what will the retail price be?

I didn't actually put two and two together until just now, but three stories in Melbourne, Australia (Myer, JB Hi-Fi and David Jones) have all sold out of PS3s and are 'taking pre-orders'. I just didn't connect that to this.

Kagari said:

$299/299EURO/29,980 Yen.

See the pattern?

see the pattern of sony losing more money than they ever have in the history of the company? see the pattern of nintendo refusing to drop the price of the wii even with demand falling? see the pattern of the euro and the yen kicking the dollar in the crotch? the world is a different place than it was 10 years ago or 5 years ago.

Grooski

Banned
Wolves Evolve said:
I didn't actually put two and two together until just now, but three stories in Melbourne, Australia (Myer, JB Hi-Fi and David Jones) have all sold out of PS3s and are 'taking pre-orders'. I just didn't connect that to this.

David Jones sells consoles??? I thought they sold ridiculously overpriced supermodel undies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
WasteLand Soldier said:
see the pattern of sony losing more money than they ever have in the history of the company? see the pattern of nintendo refusing to drop the price of the wii even with demand falling? see the pattern of the euro and the yen kicking the dollar in the crotch? the world is a different place than it was 10 years ago or 5 years ago.

Okay, if it doesn't happen that way, then I'll eat my hat.

I agree with Kagari. Plus, it seem as though Sony is in the process of dropping prices on all it's electronics to compete in this poor yet competitive economy and the PS3 dropping 100 dollars USD seems very logical. $299.99 USD , plus a new redesign really hits the sweet spot of a lot of customers.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
g35twinturbo said:
So you will eat your hat if they do not announce a $299 slim @ launch or near November/December?

I would say at launch, but to be safe ;) how about at least by November/December.

It's going to be $299, if it's not I will quit ending my posts with "... my man" and choose something else mandated by a mod for 3 months

... my man.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Byakuya769 said:
It's going to be $299, if it's not I will quit ending my posts with "... my man" and choose something else mandated by a mod for 3 months

... my man.
man I remember the good old days when people bet permabans and yearly bans... now we get these weak "I'll eat my imaginary hat, and I'll stop posting annoying comments for a 3 months!" so disapointed...

I bet a 2 month ban if the PS3 doesnt hit $299 their fiscal year! I got until march bitches...

I'm siding with Kagari. I also say $299 for the Playstation 3 Slim at release, especially since I'm going to get one when it comes out, and saving $100 would be awesome. :)

pseudocaesar said:
But thats silly, he said he would eat his hat. Not some random hat you found on the internet.
Eh, calm yourself. It was a joke. Every time someone says 'I'll eat my hat...' I visualize the biggest hat someone could eat. I usually think of one of those 'ten-gallon' cowboy hats or huge straw Mexican sombreros. When I searched for 'biggest hat,' that's what I found.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
299euro PS3 and 350-400 dollar NA PS3 would imply that Europe wouldn't be getting shit all over price wise for once.

It's going to be $299 USD/CDN.

reKon

Banned
It's pretty easy to tell if they're going to launch the Slim at $50-$100. You just have to know the amount of stock the retailers have. By this indication, we know that Japan and Australia are done (according to those two articles) since they don't have a 160 gig bundle like the US. Therefore, that's a good sign that the Slim will launch at a new price appropriate for their countries. The thing is, we don't actually know how many 80gigs or 160 gigs retailers, have in stock.

Aenima

All the slims version Sony released came out at same price the console was before. So expect a 399$-399€ for the Slim. And PS3 "Phat" to 299$-299€. Here in Portugal, some stores already started selling the PS3 for 299€. (before was 399€)

noah111

Still Alive
Kinitari said:
299euro PS3 and 350-400 dollar NA PS3 would imply that Europe wouldn't be getting shit all over price wise for once.
Yeah, Sony usually ignores the real currency exchange rates so it's likely it'll be $300 across the boards generally speaking, though it could still be 350 or something but I don't see that lasting past this fiscal year..

I was thinking... PlayStation 3's 3rd year now for 300 dollars.. Sony better use that in some slim ad. :lol

hypostatic said:
I'll finally pick one up at $299. I would have bought it at $399 if they had kept BC :(
Why don't you just pick up a $99 PS2 slim, basically the same thing...

Truespeed

The real question isn't what price the slim will debut at (because it's already been ordained by the NeoGAF elders to be $299 and relayed to Sony HQ), but rather:

Do you really want to purchase the first batch that rolls off the assembly line?

MGR

Sentry said:
I was thinking... PlayStation 3's 3rd year now for 300 dollars.. Sony better use that in some slim ad. :lol

....and coinciding with the launch of firmware version 3.0

413916345_ae13b66fac.jpg

GAME 3.0!!!!!!!!!!!

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Kinitari said:
Well PS3 was less then 250$ in certain parts of the world last year, so even at 299$ you're still getting screwed over :p

Anth0ny

$299 for the Slim would be incredible, but I'm absolutely willing to pull the trigger on a $399 PS3 with BC.

But no higher than that :lol

MightyHedgehog said:
Eh, calm yourself. It was a joke. Every time someone says 'I'll eat my hat...' I visualize the biggest hat someone could eat. I usually think of one of those 'ten-gallon' cowboy hats or huge straw Mexican sombreros. When I searched for 'biggest hat,' that's what I found.

.......ehhhhh, how did you not notice the dry sarcasm of my post. Noone ever gets it, but I love pointing out the obvious when someone makes a joke.

lupinko

MGR said:
....and coinciding with the launch of firmware version 3.0

413916345_ae13b66fac.jpg

GAME 3.0!!!!!!!!!!!

Does mean the true meaning of Game 3.0? That is the return of not only Phil, Ken but also of DREAMCAST?!?!?!?

PS3 Slim = DREAMCAST 2 (Sports Edition) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would explain all the Sega support and the drying up of 3rd party exclusives. :D :lol
j/k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom