• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Teetris said:
Oh, so the slim is even popping up with a price cut included? Goddamn, that's pretty sweet

This will/would be omnomnom.

Still some lingering nervousness it'll hit higher than that though :| Micromart employees could mess about with the database and stuff, you never know.

Also: PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3®) Computer Entertainment System - Slim™, please. Have some respect! ;)

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
NinjaFusion said:
no the reason they cost-reduced the design was to carry on not selling it at the same price.
The average consumer doesn't know shit about that and they could've easily sold it for 400 with only the fat dropping in price.

Sirolf

gofreak said:
Still some lingering nervousness it'll hit higher than that though :| Micromart employees could mess about with the database and stuff, you never know.

I guess not because Games.fr has apparently the same date and price in their database (Said to me by a friend who works there) :)

MightyHedgehog said:
Wait...if that's legit, they're actually calling it 'slim'? Seriously? I guess it just sounds so absurd an official product name that I cannot believe it.
Uhhh, what about PS2 slim?

ps2.jpg

Cyport said:
that was actually called PSTwo, worse than Slim imo
Not when I was working at Best Buy or when it came up on the register the day I bought it from Fry's.

PlayStation 2 "Slim model" was the name used. Everyone who has it calls it a slim., and it was only called PStwo before the thing came out.

noah111

Still Alive
Yeah, as the guy above said, I don't get why it would be odd for 'slim' to actually be in the product text somewhere, after all it is what the PS2 SLIM was called. :D (btw it wasn't really called PSTwo, there was just a "Two" label in the bottom right corner of the box.. on documents, websites, press releases etc the words 'slim' were certainly used across the board)

Does anyone really think all PS3 phats will be depleted by holiday time? From the looks of it the slim will release in late August/early September, at latest in early October.. though that's only if it's not announced at GC but at TGS.

So basically that means only a month or so away, would Sony have the slim around $300 whilst selling 80GB phat bundles @ $400-350? Also, what will happen to the 160GB PS3 phat?

I really wonder if the slim will be a single SKU, 120GB is a sort of odd size placement when you think about it.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
xenorevlis said:
Not when I was working at Best Buy or when it came up on the register the day I bought it.

PlayStation 2 "Slim" was the name used. Everyone who has it calls it a slim.

Yeah, it was officially PS2 slim, It was never (that I can recall) called PStwo, only the PSone was spelled out.

Having it tagged in a database as 'slim' makes sense to me. I would just be surprised if the actual name of the product, as in trademarked and such, would end up being that.

droopy

Sentry said:
...Does anyone really think all PS3 phats will be depleted by holiday time? From the looks of it the slim will release in late August/early September, at latest in early October.. though that's only if it's not announced at GC but at TGS...

Probably going to keep pushing bundles like they are, but I doubt that all retailers are going to clear old phat stock before/during holiday season. Might be hope for some awesome in-store bundles on boxing day.

neptunes

droopy said:
Probably going to keep pushing bundles like they are, but I doubt that all retailers are going to clear old phat stock before/during holiday season. Might be hope for some awesome in-store bundles on boxing day.
I predict some good deals come black friday, I think all of the new phatty ones will be gone by next year.

Cyport

Ah well never knew that, I always went along with PSTwo then started calling it PS2 after a while. Still I think PS3 Slim is a good name, Better than DS Lite

Retailers and fans just called it the PS2 slim (or slimline). The only system Sony renamed was the original PS which was renamed to the PSone when it was made smaller.

f9e1hg.jpg

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
SolidSnakex said:
Retailers and fans just called it the PS2 slim (or slimline). The only system Sony renamed was the original PS which was renamed to the PSone when it was made smaller.

f9e1hg.jpg

exactly, I always figured Sony just adopted the PS2 slim but the PSone it was obvious.

seems everyone picked up PS2 slim except for Sony, google "PS2 slim" :lol

Teetris said:
The average consumer doesn't know shit about that and they could've easily sold it for 400 with only the fat dropping in price.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

The average consumer is the reason the PS3 is in third place...

also.... charging a high price isn't a good way to signal the value of your platform has changed.

artist

Banned
MGR said:
....and coinciding with the launch of firmware version 3.0

413916345_ae13b66fac.jpg

GAME 3.0!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF

They repeated the word 'Localization' twice with two different spellings. :lol What kind of turds make this presentations?

Slaylock

irfan said:
WTF

They repeated the word 'Localization' twice with two different spellings. :lol What kind of turds make this presentations?
So is customization. Most likely for our British friends who have some strange ideas about what constitutes proper spelling. ;)

panda21

they also has extensible and extendible

i'm glad they put in the customisation and localisation otherwise i wouldnt of known what those words were

Slaylock said:
So is customization. Most likely for our British friends who have some strange ideas about what constitutes proper spelling. ;)

British dont know how to spell their own language?
Anyway, not trying to be an ass

SamBishop

Banned
SolidSnakex said:

f9e1hg.jpg

So named because Sony hated that everyone abbreviated the system as PSX (hey, it was orginally called a PlayStation-X, it's not our fault). They would later release something actually called the PSX and slap "PS2" right on every system just to get people to drop the X when talking about their games system. Guess it worked! Much to the chagrin of my PSX2.com-owning ass...

spwolf

CookieChip said:
British dont know how to spell their own language?
Anyway, not trying to be an ass

if you had any british friends you would know they cant spell for shit (no offense to anyone :D )

Anth0ny

$299 is absolutely incredible for this machine. I mean, $100 for the PS2, $100 for the PS3 and $100 for the Blu Ray player is a great deal in my book.

lupinko

Anth0ny said:
$299 is absolutely incredible for this machine. I mean, $100 for the PSone, $100 for the PS3 and $100 for the Blu Ray player is a great deal in my book.

Fixed, although $100 for that isn't such a good deal nowadays. :lol

Machado

2eds0pdedit.png

if JUST if this is legit, you should all be taking a look at this...does it mean it'll be able to play all formats (as in ps1, ps2 ans ps3)? or something was not entirely filled in or just a simple mock up and this is just a fake???

BTW why call it slim? has any of the other two consoles beenofficially announced as slim???

Massa

Machado said:
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll160/machadoavm/2eds0pdedit.png[*IMG]

if JUST if this is legit, you should all be taking a look at this...does it mean it'll be able to play all formats (as in ps1, ps2 ans ps3)? or something was not entirely filled in or just a simple mock up and this is just a fake???

BTW why call it slim? has any of the other two consoles beenofficially announced as slim???[/QUOTE]

It's just a filter. Under the listing the PS3 Slim format is "Accessoire".

SamBishop

Banned
Machado said:
BTW why call it slim? has any of the other two consoles beenofficially announced as slim???

Yes, SCEA used the "slimline" parlance when talking about the PS2 in press releases, and the PSP-2000 redesign was officially dubbed the "slim and light" version. It's definitely in keeping with their normal vocabulary, but as others have said, it's also agreed-upon lingo when discussing different versions of the hardware for internal records.

Massa said:
It's just a filter. Under the listing the PS3 Slim format is "Accessoire".

Indeed. Unless the slim is also ALL PRODUCTS. IT IS THE CONSOLE DEVOURER. NONE SHALL ESCAP-aw, forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom