• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sascha23

Banned
Okay, I own a PS3 (60gb), but I have become fascinated (almost obsessed) with seeing this potential new design.

I want a legit announcement and then I will geek out about it only to realize there's no point because I already have a PS3.

S

Sascha23 said:
Okay, I own a PS3 (60gb), but I have become fascinated (almost obsessed) with seeing this potential new design.

I want a legit announcement and then I will geek out about it only to realize there's no point because I already have a PS3.

S

I'm in the same boat. I'm mainly hoping for BC so if my 60gb system dies I can get a new PS3 with BC. I also know that some of my friends are waiting for the price to fall before they get a PS3.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
MightyHedgehog said:
The goal was thirteen million, right? How many, so far, have they sold this fiscal year?

In the first quarter, 1.1m.

The second quarter should see a pretty big increase, encompassing the slim launch and a first month of shipments (assuming a launch at the start of sep). On the other hand, shipments of fats would have trickled to a halt in this quarter, but I'm guessing the slim and sept will more than make up for that.

13m is a tall order though, I would be unsurprised to see a revision. They'd need a massive holiday and calendar q1 performance.

yurinka

With price cut, PS3 Slim, GT5 and FFXIII in Japan, (and some other pretty good games) I'm confident they will have a really strong holydays. Maybe not 13 million, but I think they can ship more than 10 million this FY.

gofreak said:

The second quarter should see a pretty big increase, encompassing the slim launch and a first month of shipments (assuming a launch at the start of sep). On the other hand, shipments of fats would have trickled to a halt in this quarter, but I'm guessing the slim and sept will more than make up for that.

13m is a tall order though, I would be unsurprised to see a revision. They'd need a massive holiday and calendar q1 performance.

IMHO, that right there makes it 99% certain that the slim will cost no more than $299. There is no way there are enough phats to push them up to 13 million units at a slashed price, and regardless of the abilities of a new slim, I think we've seen soundly that $399 is positioning the system on the wrong side of demand curve in terms of elasticity. Well, either that.. or Sony is just pretty stupid and needs to fire some internal forecasters

... my man.

DarkUSS said:
Quick someone photoshop the PS3 Slim in his hands.:lol

I wasn't quick and Huelen's was funnier.

2ylnx47.jpg

matmanx1

Well, for what it's worth my local Gamestop is out of PS3's for the first time in as long as I can remember. There are some pretty staunch PS3 supporters who work there so we discuss it often. From what I know a restock order is generally sent out automatically by the POS when stock levels fall to 6 or so units left and within a coupe of days you'll see new PS3 shipments appear in the shipping log which will then arrive a day or so later.

There are no PS3 shipments in the log and no PS3's in the store so take that for what you will. There has to be some reason that stock has been allowed to run dry, right?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
matmanx1 said:
Well, for what it's worth my local Gamestop is out of PS3's for the first time in as long as I can remember. There are some pretty staunch PS3 supporters who work there so we discuss it often. From what I know a restock order is generally sent out automatically by the POS when stock levels fall to 6 or so units left and within a coupe of days you'll see new PS3 shipments appear in the shipping log which will then arrive a day or so later.

There are no PS3 shipments in the log and no PS3's in the store so take that for what you will. There has to be some reason that stock has been allowed to run dry, right?

yep, my local gamestop folks who I'm close with are in the same boat.

No ps3's...

LegoDad

gofreak said:

Doesn't Sony do consoles sold now, not consoles shipped....

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
makingmusic476 said:
Reminds me of this...

img]http://www.bitfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/killzone22.jpg[/img]

:lol

ahhh I remember that... that was so epic at the time. People thought it was a picture in a sort of hallway showing the development progress.

Oh and I think the current ps3 model is way better looking then sony's last consoles.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
MercuryLS said:
PS2 and PS2 Slim were awesome looking machines, a bit of a decline design-wise IMO.

i loathed the ps2 designs and think the current (old?) ps3 design is a vast improvement.

edit: not quite sure on the ps3 slim yet. I'll have to see some better non-gaf pics first.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
i_am_ben said:
i loathed the ps2 designs and think the current (old?) ps3 design is a vast improvement.

edit: not quite sure on the ps3 slim yet. I'll have to see some better non-gaf pics first.

The ps2 slim wasn't bad looking, because it was cool to see it shrink so much. I do agree though the ps3 is better looking than both models of the original ps2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom