• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

inner-G

Banned
mightyjack2.jpg

glaurung

king zell said:
guys had this been posted?

Chinese gaming mag GameWave posted this screen on the cover as the new PS3 Slim

Just saw this over at some Korean site myself.

Looks horrible, I say fake. Also, too small.

JesseZao

king zell said:

Personally, I hate the whole semi-circle design. I hope the "real" slim turns out to be different than this fake or the "common" fake. Would be awesome if they would just put ps3 guts in a ps2/ps2slim shell.

king zell said:

It's likely just a concept drawing of the rumored PS3 Slim. The design doesn't even make sense. The air vents, shown in the horizontal shot, would be blocked when stood vertically. I'd be surprised if that really was the final design.

Can anyone read the side text on the magazine cover? I wonder if it says something like, "Could a slim PS3 be coming?"

Spiegel

George Claw M.D. said:
Can anyone read the side text on the magazine cover? I wonder if it says something like, "Could a slim PS3 be coming?"

Taken from andriasang

See the picture of the PS3 below the magazine name? The text next to it says something to the effect of "Slim PS3 appears at the end of the month."

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
king zell said:
well

they leaked news before, i remember the first time they showed RE:UC for the Wii

I wonder if they could be doing like the gamepro thing of the possible concept of psp, remember the concept 3d render with the touch surface? Maybe they are doing a ps3 thing or something :lol

I dont even know what I'm saying I'm going to sleep, damn meteors and fog!

Someone make one of those awesome looping .gifs with the Trenton picture-in-picture-in-picture.

EDIT: Damnit.
Xenomorph said:
Needs more "endless loop" GIF. GAF DELIVER!

Also the PS3...ugly? Nah. And I like my 360 more in general. The PS3 is a little large, but the piano black is sex. The spiderman font is a major turnoff, but on the whole it's nice looking. The 360 looks like... well Microsoft trying to copy the Mac Pro/Power Mac. Do or do not, there is no try.

KillerAJD

I think it looks okay, if a bit weird. I'd prefer the "other" slim design however, and this new one just looks like a fan made render. As George Claw M.D. said, the vents on the bottom don't even make sense. Regardless, I can't wait for more info, and I can't wait to shove it in all my friends and family's faces who don't believe a PS3 Slim will be coming. I'd just really like to see it launch at $299 because a few family members will probably then buy one.

Egmont

Neo Member
I've seen that particular mock-up for ages on Google Image search, along with the silver/white Wii-looking mock-up.

It's really old, and was just a fan-made photoshop, as far as I can tell. I mean it looks like they just chopped off most of the PS3 body but kept everything else.

Edit: I noticed that the pic I'm thinking of is not the exact same as that "new" pic; however, they're very, very similar.

Check it:

ps3slim-300x231.jpg

Looks like someone just took that concept art and ran with it.

It's the extra-long controls tab that gets me. It sticks out a good 2-3" from the disc slot for no discernable reason. :lol Well, that and "P_S__3"

If they needed the base to be that big, they would've lengthened the arching piece to balance the look better, I would think.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kulock said:
It's the extra-long controls tab that gets me. It sticks out a good 2-3" from the disc slot for no discernable reason. :lol Well, that and "P_S__3"

And where the hell are the USB ports? Perhaps on the back, but one HAS to be on the front at least for easy controller charging.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Giriath_89 said:
That thing looks like a toaster! Where would the cables go if it has the same slope on the back and vents on both sides?

Brightening the image, I think the slope gets cut so there's a regular 'back' to it where ports could go.

That there are vents on a side it sits on wouldn't be a giveaway either...I mean 360 stands on a side it has vents on, with small little feet to prop it up a millimetre or so.

But other things point to fake already mentioned. Most obviously, as a render, it's not up to Sony's usual standard for renders of hardware..the vent size I'd say also is out of proportion (the vent holes would be smaller I think). The logo font kerning is weird. It's unrealistically small.

SmokyDave

Can't wait for the slim so I can mothball my 60gb and save it like a fine wine. I LOVE that Gamewave concept, it's a real shame there is no reason to think it would look like that. I like the likely actual mock-up too so win-win.

Spiegel

The interesting part about the info is that the slim will launch at the end of the month in Asia.
Now we need a leak for the american launch.

Egmont

Neo Member
Spiegel said:
The interesting part about the info is that the slim will launch at the end of the month in Asia.
Now we need a leak for the american launch.

Yeah, that means there won't be a simultaneous worldwide release after all, seeing as "end-of-the-month" != September 2nd, even if they are just a couple of days apart.

Considering "Asia" doesn't necessarily mean "Japan," and we haven't heard anything about either Japan or the US, I'm really wondering what's going to happen.. Especially since it looks like that Japan, which doesn't have anything other than the currently out-of-production 80GBs SKUs in stores, would probably more or less run out of PS3s by any end-of-the-month release date.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I know the GW pic looks ugly as fuck but for those of you saying it's an obvious fake... take a look at the first page of this thread.

kassatsu

Banned
From the crossmedia site

平價薄版PS3下月登場
德國遊戲展率先現真身

PS3 slim out next month, to be showcased for the first time in Germany.

Egmont

Neo Member
kassatsu said:
From the crossmedia site

平價薄版PS3下月登場
德國遊戲展率先現真身

:lol

Well then, maybe we'll see a worldwide launch after all.

Edit:

Also, here's the source of the conceptual model on that magazine cover. Thanks, Kotaku!

kadotsu

Banned
kassatsu said:
From the crossmedia site

平價薄版PS3下月登場
德國遊戲展率先現真身

So the images are mockups

carlosp

Banned
Egmont said:
:lol

Well then, maybe we'll see a worldwide launch after all.

Edit:

Also, here's the source of the conceptual model on that magazine cover. Thanks, Kotaku!

weird. They should just take our mockup, like any other magazin, website as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom