• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_id

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned.

New Zealand is currently on back-order for PS3s. I went to the local EB games store here and they had a pre-order going on for the next batch of PS3s. The sales guy said Sony was out-of-stock of PS3s in NZ and new ones will come in 1/9 and he's not sure if it'll be the Slim or not.

Further checking of a popular online retailer shows the same thing. The PS3 is on back order in NZ and new shipment will come 1/9.

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/Games/PlayStation-3/Accessories-Hardware/Consoles/

There is however, no mention of a price-cut...

BenjaminG

Banned
Machado said:
we should start reading this thread again from the first page in retrospective...

Ha. This thread has become a 110 page rollercoaster ride of rumour and speculation and leaks and educated guesses.

Maximus.

bizatch said:
Are you afraid of the dark?

the ending and credits made the lame video amazing. I laughed hard and esp with the random appearance of the creepy old dude who was always in are you afraid of the dark hahahaha.

Truespeed

Machado said:
if JUST if this is legit, you should all be taking a look at this...does it mean it'll be able to play all formats (as in ps1, ps2 ans ps3)? or something was not entirely filled in or just a simple mock up and this is just a fake???

BTW why call it slim? has any of the other two consoles beenofficially announced as slim???

I really don't think that PC point of sale system, or that combo box with pre-populated generic text, really cares whether the PS3 can play PS2 games. It says "All Fomats" and it's a fixed selection in a combo box and nothing more.

Dragon

Banned
Machado said:
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll160/machadoavm/2eds0pdedit.png

if JUST if this is legit, you should all be taking a look at this...does it mean it'll be able to play all formats (as in ps1, ps2 ans ps3)? or something was not entirely filled in or just a simple mock up and this is just a fake???

BTW why call it slim? has any of the other two consoles beenofficially announced as slim???

It probably means it plays Blu-Ray, DVDs, and CDs.

Erebus

AAK said:
Is that the real Jack Tretton???

No!
mightyjack.jpg

noah111

Still Alive
the_id said:
Its adding more to the speculation...official confirmation should be out soon though.
Like one week from now soon? :D

I really wonder how they'll price this, I get the feeling it won't be $299 though.. btw, weren't there a few people in the start of this thread who made ban bets it's fake/won't be out by holiday time? If so; doomed. :lol

Carl

That PS3 Slim ghost story was awesome. Haha.

And Jack Tretton is the best! Best speaker and most likable guy Sony has now, since Phil left.

Kaz is awesome, sure, but he wears his trousers around his armpits.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Carl said:
That PS3 Slim ghost story was awesome. Haha.

And Jack Tretton is the best! Best speaker and most likable guy Sony has now, since Phil left.

Kaz is awesome, sure, but he wears his trousers around his armpits.

I'd have to say Yoshida has been more likable. At least from what he says.

Kagari said:

Yeah, he hasn't made many PR fuck ups. I'd like him to be a little more 'public' though. We don't see him at conventions and the such.

Galvanise_ said:
Yeah, he hasn't made many PR fuck ups. I'd like him to be a little more 'public' though. We don't see him at conventions and the such.
Maybe he's more a behind-the-scenes management kinda guy. I remember him being mentioned once and that was during the first GDC 2007 episode of 1UP Yours between Amy Hennig from Naughty Dog and Lorne Lanning from Oddworld Inhabitants.

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Maybe he's more a behind-the-scenes management kinda guy. I remember him being mentioned once and that was during the first GDC 2007 episode of 1UP Yours between Amy Hennig from Naughty Dog and Lorne Lanning from Oddworld Inhabitants.

Hell, I'd be satisified if he just walked on one side of the stage at E3, waved, and continued waving until he walked off the other side.

Galvanise_ said:

Are you guys talking about Shuhei Yoshida? If so, that man can barely speak english.

I used to work at SCEA in San Diego as a game tester. When he came from Japan to oversee things back in 2002-2003, he never introduced himself to the testing department or said anything to us. He would just walk through to see what was going on. We called him "Shu." Even at the annual company conferences they held every year down here in San Diego, Kaz and Jack would talk but Shu would just sit there and would not say a damn thing.

Although, he could have brushed up on his english since then...

black_vegeta said:
Are you guys talking about Shuhei Yoshida? If so, that man can barely speak english.

I used to work at SCEA in San Diego as a game tester. When he came from Japan to oversee things back in 2002-2003, he never introduced himself to the testing department or said anything to us. He would just walk through to see what was going on. We called him "Shu." Even at the annual company conferences they held every year down here in San Diego, Kaz and Jack would talk but Shu would just sit there and would not say a damn thing.

Purely business kinda guy, huh? Well yeah, we need less PR mishaps from Sony and more awesome.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
black_vegeta said:

poor lil thing , lonely , he is mister lonely :(

but I guess is English is fine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnPvM27xKg8

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Purely business kinda guy, huh? Well yeah, we need less PR mishaps from Sony and more awesome.

Yes, strictly business...that's how most of the Japanese exec's seemed when they visited, no nonsense kind of attitude.

It was a cool experience while I was there.

Gary says what up to any of the San Diego SCEA boys that are on GAF!!!

noah111

Still Alive
Halvie said:
Going to be so disappointed if it isn't mentioned/launching at the beginning of September.
If it doesn't then all you have to wait is one more month, if it's not announced at GC (unlikely at this point IMO) then it will be at TGS which is late Sept.. so a release on the last week of Sept or early October.

I think TGS would be a better place to announce the slim, but they've run out of time (every knows by now) and the price changes are already rolling, so there's like a 2.3% possibility that it's not announced at GC, but i'd bet money otherwise.

Kagari said:

Jack has really improved. I was surprised how more confident he was this E3 compared to the previous ones.

He also did fucking straight A job on a interview post E3 with Geoff Keighley. But yeah Yoshida is probably the best of them all... Kaz seems to be the least likable.

Galvanise_ said:

I think its really unlikely that he will make a PR fuck up. Very low chance.

He just comes of as being extremely modest & honest about issues, also he often applauds the competition. Thats a very rare trait in this gaming indsutry full of competition.

noah111

Still Alive
highluxury said:
Jack has really improved. I was surprised how more confident he was this E3 compared to the previous ones.

He also did fucking straight A job on a interview post E3 with Geoff Keighley. But yeah Yoshida is probably the best of them all... Kaz seems to be the least likable.
Agreed, his interviews after E3 were spot on, basically anything they threw at him he responded not only fast but with a reasonable answer, and not in a jittery weird/nervous way either.

Kaz isn't a great keynote speaker, he actually messes up quite often and sounds annoying, but in person, like interviews, converstations and whatnot he seems like a good guy, knows what he's talking about etc. SCEE's David Reeves on the other hand.. *facepalm*

Machado said:
isn't late a little late to reach the sales goal they've set?
Remember they're talking about the FY, which goes until March I believe.. it's still possible.

Machado

Sentry said:
If it doesn't then all you have to wait is one more month, if it's not announced at GC (unlikely at this point IMO) then it will be at TGS which is late Sept.. so a release on the last week of Sept or early October.

isn't late a little late to reach the sales goal they've set?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom