• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

New Raijin skin:

C1bUsm7UQAAVV-m.jpg

DeviantBoi

Allegiance got their asses handed to them. That match was amazing.

The Thanatos executes were glorious, but second only to those Ra snipes.

Navid

Not sure how I feel about the Clash Phoenix changes, if it becomes easier to tank the Phoenix's by non-tank characters then that could mean attack speed hunters and assassins can probably push down a Phoenix more easily on their own for the most part.

Wait and see I guess...

Played 3 games of the new clash. It's a lot more open which I kinda like.

The red buff also has a very quick respawn time on it. So fast that you can have two people on your team with red buff.
It also gives a map wide announcement that it is respawning so even if you did'nt get the last one you'll know it's back.

I didn't really notice the camps getting stronger over time. However the red buff becoming that large fire giant like snake (forget the name) does do a large amount of damage when it spawns.
A team fight had ended and I was walking back to a safe range to back and walked through it at the wrong time. I was Ra and was taking from basically full health to about 5%. Fighting it though doesn't see like a huge deal, I actually wouldn't mind seeing it being given more health/protections.

Does it still play a lot like the current Clash as far as overall feel and flow of the game?

Also guessing you probably haven't gotten a chance to try out Morrigan yet?

Does it still play a lot like the current Clash as far as overall feel and flow of the game?

You've got more room to maneuver inbetween the lanes but overall it does feel very similar.
The left and right sides are kinda empty now with the removal of the gf and fg but I didn't really notice this loss during the matches.

Also guessing you probably haven't gotten a chance to try out Morrigan yet?

Haven't played her yet myself, no. I will say that it is very hard to tell when a Morrigan using her ult is on your team or not.
Since it's PTS everyone is using the same gods, the ones with new skins. This means you'll often have four versions of the same god running around. Not knowing, in the heat of the moment, if the ulting Ares is on your team or the enemy is quite confusing.
I'd like some kind of tell if it is a friendly Morrigan but I guess that would take away from the power an enemy Morrigan would have.

Someone made a point in Reddit that actually makes a decent amount of sense.

Morrigan's kit would have been perfect for a Loki rework, it works well for him lore wise and would move him away from being a split push/ult bot.

DeviantBoi

Finally got my Ah Puch to rank X. That's the fifth god I've gotten to X, but the first diamond skin I bought. He's so much fun to play.

Cupid is next. He's already at IV. But I'm gonna play around with Scylla for a bit. She almost gave me my first penta-kill when I got her in Assault... missed the last shot by inches.

Finally got my Ah Puch to rank X. That's the fifth god I've gotten to X, but the first diamond skin I bought. He's so much fun to play.

Cupid is next. He's already at IV. But I'm gonna play around with Scylla for a bit. She almost gave me my first penta-kill when I got her in Assault... missed the last shot by inches.

Scylla (and Chang'e) is the greatest god in the game for me. I adore her kit. Utterly brutal, layered, direct, monstrous(lol)ly powerful.

I missed my first penta by inches also, last night. He Bo Quad, lost out the killing blow on the fifth because our KKK whirlwind ticked over. I was raging, but it was not his fault.

I once missed out on a penta with Merc in Conquest when my friend managed to last-hit their Thanatos....as Khepri. Khepri vs Merc. FFS.

I'll never get it.

Newbie here. Is there a guide out there that would help get the basics for god builds? Right now I just kind of build a god based on whether or not they are a hunter or mage etc. with differences here and there.

Newbie here. Is there a guide out there that would help get the basics for god builds? Right now I just kind of build a god based on whether or not they are a hunter or mage etc. with differences here and there.

That sounds like the basics to me :D

Tbh you don't often need much more than that, but if you want to wallow, go here:

http://smite.guru/builds

Be aware, though, that there isn't always a world of difference between the 'best' build and one that works perfectly well, but isn't min/maxed to hell and back.

Would it be less likely to be Bacchus since he just got his masteries redone? Or maybe that doesn't matter.

Really, I think Vamana needs it most at this point. Then again Vamana's kit could also stand to be a bit more exciting too.

Edit: Okay so this is weird, logged in to Smite and it gave me 3 Enigma Chests and like 5 things called "Celtic Unlock." I'm guessing it was trying to flag the Celtic event for me and give me all the unlocks but I already started that this morning. Very strange. Either way I got Morrigan voice pack, Demon King Ravana, and Serqet recolor from the Enigma Chests. I'll take it.

Edit2: Okay what the hell lol. Went to the event itself and it just let me roll over and over without completing any quests. I now have the avatar and limited skin. I'm so confused.

Edit3: Alright judging by the subreddit it's happening to a bunch of people. Very strange. Wonder if Hi-Rez will do anything.

So yeah, Morrigan will definitely get nerfed. Her burst is high all game long, it's ridiculous. She's essentially Ao Kuang with an infinitely better early game and better CC.

XenoRaven

So yeah, Morrigan will definitely get nerfed. Her burst is high all game long, it's ridiculous. She's essentially Ao Kuang with an infinitely better early game and better CC.
It's funny you mention that because based on the reveal I feel like she works better as a jungler than as a mid. Though I can see her working in both roles.

In other news, I helped a Skadi get a penta. I'm conflicted because I'm happy for the guy that got it, but he was playing Skadi. >_>

Navid

Edit: Okay so this is weird, logged in to Smite and it gave me 3 Enigma Chests and like 5 things called "Celtic Unlock."

Edit2: Okay what the hell lol. Went to the event itself and it just let me roll over and over without completing any quests. I now have the avatar and limited skin. I'm so confused.
Same thing happened to me on PS4, the game has also started crashing on me frequently at the end of a match... hope they get this patched soon.

So I guess at some point last year HiRezChris said his top 3 gods due for a remodel are Freya, Vamana and Poseidon. I would assume the remodel in 4.1 is most likely Vamana or Poseidon then based on that.

Navid

Regarding the 4.1 patch notes... feel like they went in the opposite direction of what I was hoping for, what got me interested in Smite was its relative simplicity compared to most MOBA's.

The game is getting a lot of new items added instead of focusing on streamlining or cutting some of the items that are unpopular or have no real place of their own. Right now it kinda feels like it's a case of adding more for the sake of quantity rather than quality.

Perro

Hel was ass, now with the healing nerf she's gonna be even more ass.

When's the patch? Wanna try the new clash map.

gogosox82

Was really disappointed in the Hel "buffs" but they did a hotfix and she got her aoe heal back on her three but it has the ticks for everyone else and you can use her 1 on enemies now but you don't get the heal, just damage but you can heal an ally with it and she got her mp5 back. She should be better now (well at least better then what she was before this hot fix. I tried on pts and she was trash. Was literally a useless god. Couldn't heal and didn't really do damage because you got bursted way too quickly.) I wish they would lower her 3 to 10 seconds. You get 40% cooldown and you'll have your 3 up around every 6 seconds but I guess this is better than where she was. I think they can tweak better now without a total rekit which I guess is what they were going for.

I still don't get why they changed Herc's 3. Yeah, the healing was conditional but that's what made Herc fun to play. If you knew how to play him right, you could walk into a fight and walk out without losing any hp. Now he just has a heal like anyone else. Boring and disappointing. I'm a little disappointed there are no Tyr nerfs as well. At least nerf his heal since you nerfed almost everyone else's heal. Tyr getting 400 hp heals every 6 seconds is quite annoying since he is already tanky plus he gets protections in blue stance.

I guess we will have to see on some of these new items but man there is a ton cdr on a lot of items (including starter items). I thought they decided in Season 3 they didn't want cdr on every item and got rid of that but here we are again with multiple items with cdr on them. And I'm predicting they are going to have to take that attack speed off of those crit items especially Wind Demon. That item is already stupidly strong and now it has attack speed on it. Might be worth a rush after you get your lifesteal online but I guess we will see.

I'm ok with Sol and Jing losing fatalis effect but I'm not sure about Chronos. I kind of feel like that made his kit. I mean, he'll probably be fine but now you have to choose between either getting a fatalis for boxing or a winged blade for survivability. Kinda sucks for Chronos.

Edit: Anyone on ps4 who wants an invite to Paladins closed beta, let me know. I got it and they gave me an extra key. In case anyone doesn't know about Paladins, its Hi Rez take on the hero shooter (like overwatch).

Top Bottom