• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
nox art released more on her tomorrow during dev talk she looks rad
B0lZWDKCEAAVRuV.jpg:large

drotahorror

I know I said I was going to take a break til matchmaking but talks of Tyr buffs and the new God got me hype to play again.

First game (Tyr) - https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/match-details.aspx?match=106145508

Why am I destroying damage with the teammates I have? Why do I get punished like this :(

I also DC'd for about 3 minutes early game. I come back and that baka goes, "bout time". I said "not like I did it on purpose". He then goes "idc bitch". I never even said another word the entire game, nor did I say anything before I DC'd.

Indignate

What is it that compels people to just fight the tank?

Like, is it the unyielding human spirit that just screams "I WILL TEAR DOWN THIS WALL!" while said tanks team is just melting them down instead?

OsirisBlack

Banned
I know I said I was going to take a break til matchmaking but talks of Tyr buffs and the new God got me hype to play again.

Tyr does not need a buff at all I like that he is as good as your skill with him dictates. In the right hands he is a complete terror.

Like, is it the unyielding human spirit that just screams "I WILL TEAR DOWN THIS WALL!" while said tanks team is just melting them down instead?

Stupidity?

Also matchmaking has been horrid for the last week or so I have either gotten ragequitters or I generally wind up feeling like I am on the wrong team. My team almost just lost a game where I went Jungle Odin and went 31/2/18 I had to basically sneak towers down as my team was doing God knows what. So annoying at times we won so I will go to sleep on a good note.

^ Sweet. I'll be interested to see how it works out.

Oh man, this is one of my pet peeves in Arena. I feel like I should make a text document so I can copy + paste this simple tip at the beginning of every Arena match:

Ignore the tanks, focus the squishies.

Seriously, follow that advice and your team will win most of your matches. Every time you play Arena just pay attention to how the winning team plays. Almost every single time the better team is the one that focuses their firepower on one target at a time. This goes hand in hand with also knowing that it's a lot more efficient to focus a mage or assassin than a guardian. Run past the tanks, go for the squishies in the back. It's that simple, and not enough level 30 players seem to have figured that out.

Tyr does not need a buff at all I like that he is as good as your skill with him dictates. In the right hands he is a complete terror.

Also matchmaking has been horrid for the last week or so I have either gotten ragequitters or I generally wind up feeling like I am on the wrong team. My team almost just lost a game where I went Jungle Odin and went 31/2/18 I had to basically sneak towers down as my team was doing God knows what. So annoying at times we won so I will go to sleep on a good note.

Seriously, a good Tyr is one of the worst gods to fight against, or one of the best teammates you can have. I had this amazing Tyr on my team the other day, and this dude saved my ass so many times it was crazy. Just perfect timing on his combo, was super aggressive but never overextended, and he kept picking off the enemy mages. It was beautiful.

Odin is bullshit. I don't think he's actually OP or anything, but I tend to play squishy gods and Odin's fucking shield + leap combo chunks over half of my HP away. Add in his ult and I am usually dead meat. I hate laning against him so much.

Xyber

Yeah, Odin has one hell of a burst damage. So fun in 3v3 when you grab damage buff at the start and do the leap on a squishy hero when you both return to the middle lane. Pretty much always a kill if your teammates back you up and finish him off.

This happens in Arena all the time and it pisses me off. Especially when I setup a squishy to get picked off easily, just need some extra help, but no my team just wiped because they were too busy hitting Cabrakan's shields.

Really too many people in Arena focus their shit on the initiators and that's almost always the guardian. It's really disheartening to see your team fall for it countless times over.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Quoting for size.

Anti-caster through and through. Her 1 works like Nemesis' shield, but only against spells, not auto attacks. Her 3 has a four second cooldown. Beads will not break the link from her ulti.

Also like how they specifically mentioned her being a good pick against Hel, as if Hel really needed someone to help keep her in check.

Indignate

Holy shit, she cleanses herself?

That actually sounds kind of broken.

Eh, well, she most likely can't do it during like a taunt so.

I take back that statement.

Sort of.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Nox's In lane sustain could be pretty high against certain characters I can see her being a real annoyance to certain Mages. Kuku and Agni I am looking at you. Going to play her to mastery 3 when she drops just to get a good feel for her. During Dev talk he said she could be played as a jungle but I really dont see that unless her damage is ridiculously high,

Edited to add: Seems like you can use her 1 when hit with Hard cc to get loose and stop the damage... could actually be a gamechanger against mages like agni and anubis.

Indignate

So she does have a free beads?

Cuz that's insane.

If you can use the 1 in anticipation, sure, but if you can still do it once you're hit, that's kind of too much.

OsirisBlack

Banned
So she does have a free beads?

Cuz that's insane.

If you can use the 1 in anticipation, sure, but if you can still do it once you're hit, that's kind of too much.

Seems that way, Bart said you can use the cleanse when CC plus that ridiculous damage mit on it. It will probably be nerfed hard after this weekends test server run.... I can only imagine Anubis wrapping you then using his beam you popping shield then ult and basically killing him free. It just seems a bit OP. But if it didn't clear cc it would be kind of underwhelming. Seems difficult to balance well.

Xyber

Seems that way, Bart said you can use the cleanse when CC plus that ridiculous damage mit on it. It will probably be nerfed hard after this weekends test server run.... I can only imagine Anubis wrapping you then using his beam you popping shield then ult and basically killing him free. It just seems a bit OP. But if it didn't clear cc it would be kind of underwhelming. Seems difficult to balance well.

Didn't it only reflect damage upon activating a skill? So while the beam might do something, I doubt it would be a free kill since it isn't sustained damage reflection from what I understand.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Didn't it only reflect damage upon activating a skill? So while the beam might do something, I doubt it would be a free kill since it isn't sustained damage reflection from what I understand.

Maxed out its near 100% mitigation that's direct from the stream. Her Ult damage I am not sure of but I know it does a nice chunk on activation and again for any other skill you try to use. What is going to make or break her ult is if she is CC immune during. If not its going to make her trash tier in my opinion.

Nox seems like a brutal anti-mage mage. It's hard to tell if she will be OP, UP, or balanced at first glance. She looks really cool though. Definitely a fitting god to release around Halloween. :p

It doesn't reflect damage, it just mitigates it.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Was talking about the ult there.

The beam does not mitigate any damage her shield does. They will be showing her today at 4pm est during the patch notes. Depending on mana costs and the actual use of her 1 she is going to be a bit op at launch. Especially if hitting her with stun or a hard cc does not break the tether from her ult.

Example.

Nox vs Anubis middle lane.

Anubis wraps Nox with his hard CC Nox immediately pops her 1 clearing the cc and pops her ult linking her to him.

That right there is going to be a problem, If he has not used his ult yet and he does while linked he is going to take a ton of damage. It will be even worse if he tosses the hands then tries to ult as he will take the damage twice.

Now if you can hard CC her and break the link then when will be a bit underwhelming at launch. In my opinion everything depends on the mechanics behind her 1 and 4.

Xyber

The beam does not mitigate any damage her shield does.

I'm still not talking about the shield and mitigate damage. :p Was only talking about the ult reflecting damage when Anubis activated his ult that you mentioned in the first post I quoted. It seemed like you thought it would reflect all the damage outputted by the Anubis ult and therefore making it an easy kill, but that isn't the case and it only reflects when it is first activated.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Ok so after watching patchnotes I will be surprised if Nox is anything but a low tier mage. Her numbers on everything are super low and her scaling is horrid. Even her ult does laughable damage and using your abilities only gives you the same laughable damage.

He isn't too hard to play. His combo is 3 + 1. Land your 3 right behind them so it knocks them toward you, and them blast them in the face with your 1. It does a shitload of damage.
Pretty much that. Use the same combo but knock away to retreat if you are getting pummeled. That is pretty much Vulcan. The turret is just there for additional damage or for zoning.

His ult is his ult just a big aoe with a delay. It's pretty easy to miss if you're not good at timing it. Biggest tip is don't place it where people are, but where they might go. Unless it's the start of a team fight. I try to fire it off just before someone initiates otherwise you risk people fleeing. Also in Arena, when I know a fight is about to breakout. I retreat to max ult range, fire it off, and lap up the kills.

Hilariously though, of all the things in his kit. I think I whiff his ult the most.

Aaron

His ult is super hard to hit with unless you've got something to root like cupid's ult. The rest of his kit is great though.

Semblance

Ok so after watching patchnotes I will be surprised if Nox is anything but a low tier mage. Her numbers on everything are super low and her scaling is horrid. Even her ult does laughable damage and using your abilities only gives you the same laughable damage.

Guessing her numbers are low because her 3 has a super low cooldown and can be amplified by her 2. Things could get real clowny if her 3 had higher base damage. We'll see though.

Part of me wishes that we got a proper jungling mage with Nox instead of yet another mid / solo option. Magical junglers are still way too few and there's an abundance of mid / solo magical choices even without Nox.

Hilariously though, of all the things in his kit. I think I whiff his ult the most.

His ult is super hard to hit with unless you've got something to root like cupid's ult. The rest of his kit is great though.

Maybe it's just because I'm fucking blind, but landing Vulcan's ult at max range is difficult with the camera position they give him. Sometimes with multiple enemies in the distance I'm not sure if they're in the marker or just outside of it (looking at it in the distance, if they're outside from the top or bottom of the marker, for lack of a better way of explaining it). It really messes me up.

I only play Smite occasionally, but the conventional logic at all levels of LoL is that it's best to just attack whatever is closest in a team fight situation, particularly when posting an ADC. If you try to get to the back line in order to attack the enemy carries, you'll be melted before then. The only exception is if you're playing an assassin or highly mobile mage that can get in, delete someone, than get the fuck out ASAP, or if you're a tank or bruiser doing you're own initiation.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Guessing her numbers are low because her 3 has a super low cooldown and can be amplified by her 2. Things could get real clowny if her 3 had higher base damage. We'll see though.

Part of me wishes that we got a proper jungling mage with Nox instead of yet another mid / solo option. Magical junglers are still way too few and there's an abundance of mid / solo magical choices even without Nox.

even with the boost from her 2 the 3's damage is still lower than He Bo's 1. I'm going to goof off with her on the test server tomorrow after work. Probably fight the RA bot a bunch then try to get a few matches in with her. But on paper she looks pretty trash tier, they changed her 1 from a full cleanse to just roots and slows that also hurts her kit quite a bunch. They added melee protections to her 1 but it really does not last long enough to ward off a melee attacker. I can't visualize an effective strategy with her even with items.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Ok Test server is up and here is what I have found.

Nox is trash tier you can get her shield down to an 11 second cooldown with a practical build and her 3 down to 1 second. Her damage even fully geared and at level 20 is ridiculously low. You will need her 2 + 3 then another 3 to clear a wave. The only good thing is she is very mana efficient and you will more than likely never need to leave lane for mana.

Her Ult just does not work well at all. You link to someone and generally they just dont do anything and run away. You can hit them with in hand or use 2 and then spam your 3 as you chase them down. This is only good if someone over commits in lane. Had one funny instance where I linked this guys Thanatos and he killed himself from about 70% health. Tossed scythe (Missed) then he silenced me with his 3 and popped his 2 trying to flee which killed him. Anyone who does not panic will not have any issues dealing with her ult.

Lastly her shield is completely amazing and worthless all at the same time. You can mitigate up to 90% of any attack for 1 second and while that high % may initially make it look OP it is far from it. If you use it against a single target move then yes anything else is going to shred you. Ra = GG vs Anubis she gets wrecked hard. Not sure if it is working as intended but you can cleanse Anubis mummy wrap.

Played a few matches with Hel and she is absolutely ridiculous now. That small buff easily puts her in the top tier probably as strong as Janus now. The benefit of being able to immediately cast as you switch stances is just frightening. with Focus boots and Chronos pendant your stance cooldown is right over 1 second and every ability you have will be on about a 6 second cooldown or less. Some of the things I managed to string together with her were.

Starting in Darkstance.

Let chaac over extend then hit him with her 2 followed by her 3 and then her 1 changed stances and hit him with her 1 again instantly killing him. The burst damage is absolutely insane. With enough cdr you can link 3/1/4/1/3/4/3/1/4/1 without missing a beat. This buff probably wont last long but it sure is fun as hell at the moment.

Semblance

Yeah, general consensus atm is Nox needs some work still. Apparently the guy who designed her also made Cabrakan. That actually explains a lot lmao.

Regarding Hel I always hated how clunky she felt. Good or bad, she just wasn't any fun to play. The ultimate deal breaker.

Guess this will be the next skin:

I like Kali and I like Predator, but mreh.

Xyber

Ok Test server is up and here is what I have found.

Nox is trash tier you can get her shield down to an 11 second cooldown with a practical build and her 3 down to 1 second. Her damage even fully geared and at level 20 is ridiculously low. You will need her 2 + 3 then another 3 to clear a wave. The only good thing is she is very mana efficient and you will more than likely never need to leave lane for mana.

Her Ult just does not work well at all. You link to someone and generally they just dont do anything and run away. You can hit them with in hand or use 2 and then spam your 3 as you chase them down. This is only good if someone over commits in lane. Had one funny instance where I linked this guys Thanatos and he killed himself from about 70% health. Tossed scythe (Missed) then he silenced me with his 3 and popped his 2 trying to flee which killed him. Anyone who does not panic will not have any issues dealing with her ult.

Lastly her shield is completely amazing and worthless all at the same time. You can mitigate up to 90% of any attack for 1 second and while that high % may initially make it look OP it is far from it. If you use it against a single target move then yes anything else is going to shred you. Ra = GG vs Anubis she gets wrecked hard. Not sure if it is working as intended but you can cleanse Anubis mummy wrap.

Just tried her and totally agree. She is weak as fuck right now and as soon as people learn not to use skills while you are ulting them she is almost worthless. :p

That ult really relies on people spamming their skills, because you can't do much yourself apart from auto attack and use 3. 2 is not worth using, because then you silence the guy and he can't hurt himself which defeats the point of that ult.

The ult might work for the first few days when people learn how she works. After that it kinda just works as a long silence, which can be good too, but her damage output is so incredibly low then.

Do not like her at all at the moment, that's for sure.

Strazyplus

I had a blast last game. the enemy made huge mistakes on dodging my attacks. Safe to say the match did not last long I wish I had a replay of that match, really do... :(

and strangely one of our guys kept having connection problems and left the match then returned like 2-3 times within that 10 minute battle.

drotahorror

Such a strange day today. I've won every game type, first try except for arena. I've lost arena 7 TIMES TODAY IN A ROW. Every other match type, first try. I hate this game sometimes.

8x* baccus dc's right at beginning of the game. Thanks bro. And I have to kill blue by myself cuz my team is sitting at the base. And no one got jungle buffs. arena, btw, 8x now. Goin for 9 at the moment.

Finally did it. Came back from a 60-120 loss (arena), down by 12 kills. I dunno how, but we won.

drotahorror

I just played a game of Joust with a friend, and we were fighting athena/aphro/herc, 3 man premade. I dc'd at the beginning and missed the blue buff, my team got invaded and one died. Around the 12 minute mark or so we were sorta getting pounded, so me and my buddy f6'd.

Afterwards, the herc messages me : (keep in mind, I don't know this person, never said a word to them)

Normally, I would talk trash back but I actually refrained myself and attempted to type something along the lines "you need to chill out, it's just a game and you won"

which I was then greeted to:

So basically he talked trash, then instantly blocked me so I had no chance to even say anything back.

Pure scum in my book.

Strazyplus

I just played a game of Joust with a friend, and we were fighting athena/aphro/herc, 3 man premade. I dc'd at the beginning and missed the blue buff, my team got invaded and one died. Around the 12 minute mark or so we were sorta getting pounded, so me and my buddy f6'd.

Afterwards, the herc messages me : (keep in mind, I don't know this person, never said a word to them)

Normally, I would talk trash back but I actually refrained myself and attempted to type something along the lines "you need to chill out, it's just a game and you won"

which I was then greeted to:

So basically he talked trash, then instantly blocked me so I had no chance to even say anything back.

Pure scum in my book.

lol he is pure scum, his messages were barely legible too perhaps he was trying to feed your team so he could lose? dunno what the reason for such anger for winning.

Top Bottom