• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snake Pass will be fixing its home menu icon on Nintendo Switch

I am happy you guys are getting what you want, but man doesn't this just show you how horrible it is to have no control over the device and ui as per your choice?

On other platforms
PC
, you just choose your own icon. ^_^

I am happy you guys are getting what you want, but man doesn't this just show you how horrible it is to have no control over the device and ui as per your choice?

On other platforms
PC

Tbh, on Steam I don't even bother with Icons. I just go with the list option. :p

I still can't believe that there was a consistent stream of users drive-by posting in that original thread trashing and belittling other users who just wanted to discuss game icons.

Look what that discussion did! I'm happy it worked out in the end, hopefully this encourages more discussion between developers and gamers on the icon design of their games (like two tribes asking for icon input!)

Neiteio

I still can't believe that there was a consistent stream of users drive-by posting in that original thread trashing and belittling other users who just wanted to discuss game icons.

Look what that discussion did! I'm happy it worked out in the end, hopefully this encourages more discussion between developers and gamers on the icon design of their games (like two tribes asking for icon input!)
I didn't mind the thread-shitters. They kept the thread bumped, which brought attention to the cause and led to change.

c0Zm1c

On other platforms
PC

Yeah, reading that article, I was thinking a much better thing to campaign for would be custom icons.

Neiteio

That would be from Riki-oh: The Story of Ricky. One of the all-time greats for its genre, but at the risk of giving too much, I would not be eating while watching it if I were you!
I'm guessing he punches people and they explode?

Now that would make for a cool icon (and game)

"Albus Neiteio Potter, you are named after a headmaster of Hogwarts and a forum member. One of them was from NeoGAF and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew."

albus-severus-potter.jpg

Neiteio

No bullying or shaming. Just people who love these games or are interested in them, asking the devs to consider updating their icons to better reflect the game's high quality.

Here's a list of the icons that are currently... a bit lackluster, courtesy of GAF member Tolkir.

Several are being updated. See the notes below.

humanresourcemachineq3spf.jpg
littleinfernoe7sjo.jpg
snakepassnewgqsv8.jpg
voezshshy.jpg
thejackboxpartypack328s2a.jpg

planteradxgks97.jpg
demamborwsz6.jpg
implosion-neverlosehobgs51.jpg
retrocityrampagedx5yso6.jpg
severedirsjj.jpg

sonicmaniapzs6y.jpg
kingdom-newlandsjgsgu.jpg
semispherespzsrk.jpg
steamworlddig2old0esc9.jpg
legoninjagomovievideo7vs3x.jpg

pankapuips3j.jpg
bravedungeondarkwitchlksr4.jpg
congamasterpartykqsb2.jpg

ROW 1:

- Human Resource Machine
- Little Inferno
- Snake Pass (It will be updated)
- Voez
- The Jackbox Party Pack 3

ROW 2:

- Plantera DX
- De Mambo
- Implosion
- Retro City Rampage DX
- Severed

ROW 3:

- Sonic Mania
- Kingdom: New Lands (It will be updated)
- Semispheres
- SteamWorld Dig 2 (It will be updated)
- Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game

ROW 4:

- Pankapu
- Brave Dungeon + Dark Witch's Story: COMBAT
- Conga Master Party!

I'm honestly fine not being able to customize game icons; the problem is that there's basically no case where the best icon for a game isn't based on its key art/boxart, so it's weird that we'd ever get bad icons in the first place.

KooopaKid

Banned
Great job Neiteio! It's the kind of small details that means dev care. If I was developing a game, I would care about this kind of stuff.

HotHamBoy

No bullying or shaming. Just people who love these games or are interested in them, asking the devs to consider updating their icons to better reflect the game's high quality.

Here's a list of the icons that are currently... a bit lackluster, courtesy of GAF member Tolkir.

Several are being updated. See the notes below.

humanresourcemachineq3spf.jpg
littleinfernoe7sjo.jpg
snakepassnewgqsv8.jpg
voezshshy.jpg
thejackboxpartypack328s2a.jpg

planteradxgks97.jpg
demamborwsz6.jpg
implosion-neverlosehobgs51.jpg
retrocityrampagedx5yso6.jpg
severedirsjj.jpg

sonicmaniapzs6y.jpg
kingdom-newlandsjgsgu.jpg
semispherespzsrk.jpg
steamworlddig2old0esc9.jpg
legoninjagomovievideo7vs3x.jpg

pankapuips3j.jpg
bravedungeondarkwitchlksr4.jpg
congamasterpartykqsb2.jpg

ROW 1:

- Human Resource Machine
- Little Inferno
- Snake Pass (It will be updated)
- Voez
- The Jackbox Party Pack 3

ROW 2:

- Plantera DX
- De Mambo
- Implosion
- Retro City Rampage DX
- Severed

ROW 3:

- Sonic Mania
- Kingdom: New Lands (It will be updated)
- Semispheres
- SteamWorld Dig 2 (It will be updated)
- Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game

ROW 4:

- Pankapu
- Brave Dungeon + Dark Witch's Story: COMBAT
- Conga Master Party!

I don't see a problem with the Sonic Mania logo. The Voez, Severed, Kingdoms and Implosion logos are a little bland but they are the same as the mobile versions which are already better than 99% of mobile icons.

Why does this upset you so much
It doesn't upset me at all. I just think it is funny - and endearing - that you really care about such a small thing as video game icons. Video game art tends to be terrible so nothing really stands out as worse than anything else to me.

I've gotten a lot of enjoyment from these threads.

"Wow those Nintendo fans are a passionate bunch. Sure we'll update the icon, it'll be inconsistent with the other versions, but whatever. When? Probably in the next update. Ask us again next year."

Great outcome 😐

Neiteio

"Wow those Nintendo fans are a passionate bunch. Sure we'll update the icon, it'll be inconsistent with the other versions, but whatever. When? Probably in the next update. Ask us again next year."

Great outcome ��
They promised it's definitely coming in the next update. Do I wish it was sooner? Sure. But it's not like there aren't plenty of games to play in the meantime.

I'll happily come back to Snake Pass next year to enjoy the game's new icon and whatever else they add in the update. It's a great game.

Top Bottom