• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

Boost week for me, broke out the TBs. The mids arrived this morning and are super nice, the primeknit is so thick and soft. ��

How is the heel? Midcut shoes have a bad habit of causing heel blisters either because the support is jank with poor lockdown, or because the collar tightens on the upper part of the foot and makes the heel part dig into the skin.

acohrs

You could always wait for a pureboost on sale. And even the pureboost ZGs right now are under 100. Granted it is not a full boost.

second this, if you're in europe, mandmdirect have a FSR of pure boost zg for around 60 euros, bargain

On a side note, got my air jordan 1 new loves today, love the CW, they will be the closest thing to wu tang dunks that I will ever own and I love them for it.

OG Kush

May seem like a dumb question, but do flyknits retain their shape? I've always assumed only leather shoes need shoe trees but wanted to check.

May seem like a dumb question, but do flyknits retain their shape? I've always assumed only leather shoes need shoe trees but wanted to check.

All of the Flyknits I've bought have kept their shape. Though you might still want the shoe tree since depending on the model, there isn't really a lot that keeps them structured.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
new Y-3 silhouette.

dUF0mk1.jpg

Need a different colorway but I can definitely fuck with this.

Oxn

After a self-imposed ban on new sneakers I've grabbed CS2s and NMDs in the last 2 weeks...sigh.

They never work. I spent nearly $1K in the last 2 months, and possibly another $500 in the next 1-2months, and that doesn't even take into account of me trying to grab a Yeezy.

BumRush

They never work. I spent nearly $1K in the last 2 months, and possibly another $500 in the next 1-2months, and that doesn't even take into account of me trying to grab a Yeezy.

lol, it's brutal. I'm incredible at saving, but sometimes (e.g. BACK2SCHOOL deal at ADC) I think "you'd be a fool NOT to but red NMDs"...

I've also been skipping out on buying any new shoes as nothing has really caught my attention lately, despite there being numerous sales and seeing some of the EQTs sitting.

I think I'm good for now though I did just order some t-shirts and socks from Supreme just now lol.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I was just sitting on my money and ended up buying some GATs lol, now I want to save up for some Saint Laurent SL01's.

I really don't understand why people like Supreme so much. It seems like people are interested in their clothes EXCLUSIVELY because of the brand name and the logo.

Maybe someone can fill me in.

I really don't understand why people like Supreme so much. It seems like people are interested in their clothes EXCLUSIVELY because of the brand name and the logo.

This in a nutshell really.

I like their stuff but combating bots for 99% of their stuff is a pain. I enjoyed being able to walk into one of their actual stores and buying things but since I don't live in NY, LA or hell even London or Tokyo, not happening anytime soon unless I go on vacation.

One day I'd like to get a one of their box logo sweatshirts or another camp cap, without a bot or paying resellers.

shira

Yup. They recently did a huge collaboration with Lous Vuitton so expensive & exclusive stuff

People in NYC were buying out METROCARD MACHINES because Supreme had some branded CARDS. That logo has power, man.

It doesn't seem like their products are particularly well made.

Can't vouch for everything they've made but the actual t-shirts & hats that I own from them (not including the Hanes stuff or the two pairs of Nike collabs I own) are made in the USA. It's kind of nice knowing that at least it's something domestically made.

uhnomoli

Neo Member
But why? Why does it have power?

It doesn't seem like their products are particularly well made.

Same reason all the random stupid things that were popular when you were in school. None of that shit was special, just caught on for whatever reason. Also, their shit is hard to get so it triggers the whole "take the toy the toddler never plays with away and suddenly it's his favorite" mentality. If Supreme was a Wal-Mart brand, people would give zero fucks.

Oxn

Add Bape and Pharrell colabs to the list of ugly and sought after shit.

Oh and those stupid Kith shirts.

Radec

Brand name and logo are mostly what makes stuff more expensive than they need to be.

I'm seeing people selling Supreme stickers ffs lol

YuShtink

A Song of Ice and Fire ya'll. Just gotta love the EQT 93/17's, got the BAIT collab coming in soon also.

I have all 3 collabs as well. Seriously fantastic shoes. Camped for a few hours in line to grab those Bait "Development" Futures AND grabbed a pair of those royal blue/white 93/17s on sale on adidas.com this weekend.

93/17s and Inikis have wrecked my wallet this year lol.

aznpxdd

That Overkill model is my favorite EQT 93/17.

Do you wear any of them btw?

Of course! I don't buy any sneakers I don't wear, such a waste, I just try to take really good care of them. Took my 93/17 Overkills and Yeezy Belugas with me to Amsterdam / London / Copenhagen last month, gotta be hypebeastin' and breakin' necks while on vacation!

I have all 3 collabs as well. Seriously fantastic shoes. Camped for a few hours in line to grab those Bait "Development" Futures AND grabbed a pair of those royal blue/white 93/17s on sale on adidas.com this weekend.

93/17s and Inikis have wrecked my wallet this year lol.

Nice! *high five*

Iniki's have taken some of my moneys this year too! One of my favs this year is the Bodega x END. x Adidas Iniki I picked up at Solebox in Amsterdam.

Oxn

Of course! I don't buy any sneakers I don't wear, such a waste, I just try to take really good care of them. Took my 93/17 Overkills and Yeezy Belugas with me to Amsterdam / London / Copenhagen last month, gotta be hypebeastin' and breakin' necks while on vacation!

Nice! *high five*

Iniki's have taken some of my moneys this year too! One of my favs this year is the Bodega x END. x Adidas Iniki I picked up at Solebox in Amsterdam.

Nice thats what i want to hear.

Just as i type this 5minutes ago, i won the Milled Leather Black EQT 93/17 on StockX.

Guess the Black/White color way i just bought from Adidas is going back.

Went ahead and ordered a pair of the Pocketknife DMs and got them in today. They are huge. Look like god damn clown shoes lol. I put them side by side with my FK Trainers and they look about two sizes bigger (Although still a tightish fit).

Oxn

Went ahead and ordered a pair of the Pocketknife DMs and got them in today. They are huge. Look like god damn clown shoes lol. I put them side by side with my FK Trainers and they look about two sizes bigger (Although still a tightish fit).

Guess im removing it off my saved items list then. I had the nikelab version there.

Top Bottom