• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

I bought some Pure Boosts about a year ago and loved them. Unfortunately I used them way to much, didn't really take care of them, and now they are pretty much ruined.

I have been trying to get Ultra Boosts forever but I can't find a place to buy them, at least in a color that I like.

Any recommendations on the best way to track these things down, preferably online? I can't believe Adidas makes it so difficult for me to give them money...

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I really hope I can get the Belugas 2.0. The originals are my most wanted. I then get teased today watching F1 and see Felipe Massa's son Bossi wearing them in the pit lane. 🤧

I bought some Pure Boosts about a year ago and loved them. Unfortunately I used them way to much, didn't really take care of them, and now they are pretty much ruined.

I have been trying to get Ultra Boosts forever but I can't find a place to buy them, at least in a color that I like.

Any recommendations on the best way to track these things down, preferably online? I can't believe Adidas makes it so difficult for me to give them money...

What color you after? Some are easy but others super hard to find.

shira

Just follow some boost linking twitters like @boostlinks or @theyeezymafia, prolly your local ones are best
Adidas basically pay these guys to social media when they go on sale.

Maybe it's so it feels more exclusive and shit?

acohrs

Try the pure boost 2017, great addition to the pure boost line especially if you already had one.

Foot locker is already doing discounts on those too

You're not alone. I've been looking for UBs for a while and I've struck out in each instance. I don't get adidas, Pure Boosts are sitting ducks while anything UB sells out faster than Sonic the Hedgehog. You'd think they'd try to stock up on high demand shoes. They are the Nintendo of footwear, purely operating on hype.

can't decide between these three colorways of the greats royale:

Royale-Blanco-Leather-Product-001_da453cc4-1c31-4aa2-82a2-7e23313d662a_700x470.jpg

Royale-Nero-Product-01_6b542df4-b4d9-4269-b531-ce5f7f378645_700x470.jpg

Mens-Royale-Leather-Triple-Black-Product-001_700x470.jpg

Oxn

I went to the store to finally try on a pair of eqt 93/17s since they are finally sitting. And man the silhouette is huge. I will be sizing down half a size when i get one. Even when others are saying size up.

They are super comfy.

I'd go with triple black or triple white. W/e your wardrobe goes better with

I feel like triple white is probably the best choice since it would look good with black jeans, indigo jeans... hell, pants of pretty much any color would look good with them.

Triple black would look nice with black jeans and light-colored pants, but navy/indigo pants would look kind of weird with them IMO.

I like the 2nd

Anyways i temember you wanted something like this

Heres another chance

https://www.kicksonfire.com/john-elliott-x-nike-vandal-high-fall-2017/

Thanks for the heads-up.

Any suggestions on a women's running shoe? I'm gift shopping.

Sorry friend, I don't know much at all about asics and their running shoes. I do know that the GS3, and V are prob their most popular. They do have a lot of cw's taht work for everyone though.

Nah those are pretty nice! I can't tell if those laces are the flat or round type though, not a fan of the round ones.

I ended up copping these: http://www.asicstiger.com/us/en-us/gel-lyte-v/p/0010291150.2727 and http://www.asicstiger.com/us/en-us/gel-sight/p/0010291136.9797

You're not alone. I've been looking for UBs for a while and I've struck out in each instance. I don't get adidas, Pure Boosts are sitting ducks while anything UB sells out faster than Sonic the Hedgehog. You'd think they'd try to stock up on high demand shoes. They are the Nintendo of footwear, purely operating on hype.
Ultra Boosts have been sitting in the UK for a while now. Hype on them isn't anywhere near what it used to be.

Quick

Banned
Didn't realize J Crew's Nike Killshot 2 was still a hot commodity.

I'm in NY and decided to go to J Crew at Rockefeller Center, and they were sold out. :(

Oxn

I dogged on these a page or 2 ago. And they still aint the best colorway by a longshot, but they definitely look better in person when i tried it today. For only $130 + tax on ADC, i might as well get one as a beater sneaker.

The most comfy beater sneaker.

Oh and that upper is so much thicker than normal PK. Great for Fall weather.

Quick

Banned
lol Friend of mine says the same thing about her pair of Boosts and I'm just like....come on.

Though to be fair, she did actually wear the shit out of them. She just wears it to work now because it's all black.

I wish I could be less caring to a pair of $200+ CAD shoes. :(

Any suggestions on a women's running shoe? I'm gift shopping.

Depends on the person really. For the casual runner, Nike or Adidas usually fit the bill. If they're serious, then you'll be looking at Asics, Mizunos & Brooks for sure. If they're serious but want/need a lot of cushioning, then Hoka One is another good option.

acohrs

Ultra Boosts have been sitting in the UK for a while now. Hype on them isn't anywhere near what it used to be.

Same in Ireland, TBF how many times can you get peeps to buy the same shoe after 3 years? Think we will see UB sales slow down except for every year when new versi9ns first come out

shira

Same in Ireland, TBF how many times can you get peeps to buy the same shoe after 3 years? Think we will see UB sales slow down except for every year when new versi9ns first come out
If you actually wear them the soles only last 6-9 mo

Oxn

$130 "beater sneakers"

bruh

A few months ago i couldnt even fathom spending over $100 on sneakers. But once i tried boost i couldnt go back. Also with Adidas and Nike charging nearly $200 for their Boost and Vapormax models, they have conditioned me to think a $130 sneaker is a good deal

If you actually wear them the soles only last 6-9 mo

When you start to hit the boost what happens? Does the boost just wear down really really quick?

Oxn

The price of the Boosts just makes me want to buy the Adidas Alphabounces instead, especially since I can get them at <$100

1_432670_ZM.JPG

You could always wait for a pureboost on sale. And even the pureboost ZGs right now are under 100. Granted it is not a full boost.

RS4-

Man, close to picking up some EQTs but the fucking tongue crease near the top is annoying me for whatever reason.

And somehow I feel that the tongue itself is going to get irritating against my skin.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Is there really anything "clean" about Vapormax

Mesh shopping bag + soccer cleats + bubble wrap. Easily one of the ugliest things currently out there.

When you start to hit the boost what happens? Does the boost just wear down really really quick?

don't think so, although if by wear them you mean everyday all day, home, office, and gym then I can see that

Didn't wear my UB 2.0s everyday, as I made sure to rotate my shoe options every few days or so, but they cracked within 6 months of wear. My NMDs have lasted much longer, as have my Inikis, though again, I rotate shoes constantly.

I don't wear my UB 3.0s out of fear of them breaking as quickly as my 2.0s did.

Is there really anything "clean" about Vapormax

Mesh shopping bag + soccer cleats + bubble wrap. Easily one of the ugliest things currently out there.

First impressions had me feeling like they were an ugly shoe but they grew on me. They look a lot better on feet and in person.

Oxn

First impressions had me feeling like they were an ugly shoe but they grew on me. They look a lot better on feet and in person.

Same deal here.

It wasn't until i saw someone in the streets wearing it was a smart/casual outfit that i thought, holy shit these might actually work.

The mids arrived this morning and are super nice, the primeknit is so thick and soft. &#55357;&#56858;

Its the tongue part that really bothers me. Prices will definitely come down, so i aint worried there.

Reckoner

Yup, yellow or orange accents are my weakness.

Look at the mouse and KB i use.
Good stuff

Here I am with my Flyknit Trainers sunset tint wishing that they were more orangey than pink. The pictures fooled me a bit. Definitely love them, but I ain't got much money and I think I'll return these and wait for the black/white ones.

Top Bottom