• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Head.spawn

4 AM Eastern Time last night, apparently.

Wow, those Amazon notifications are absolutely pointless, huh?

Luckily I got in on the Best Buy train earlier, if I had to rely on Amazon I would've been screwed as I stopped checking around for my friend around 3:30ish.

Okay! So... after spending a while on the GameStop app I was finally able to click "place order" with PayPal.. but heres the thing.. the app gave me an error and acted as if I didn't complete the order, but PayPal sent me emails saying they went through.

In fact, in sent me two emails saying I have 2 charges pending with two different transaction numbers?? I have no idea what this means. Do I have have 2 orders? Is this even going to go through?

I got 67 of these because it kept popping up with the same error, but when I called and asked Gamestop had no record of the transactions. Their app is a piece of junk.

spad3

RECAP OF TODAY FOR THOSE JUST JOINING:

Best Buy and Amazon.com stealthily opened their reserves in the middle of the night.Their reserves were up for a really long time in comparison to the rest because everyone was asleep.

Walmart opened reserves for about.....5 seconds [no joke] before selling out.

Target apparently is opening reserves in waves and there's a in-browser command you can use to spam the pre-order button, which then adds to cart and may or may not still be there by the time you actually get to checkout. People have had success, others have not. I myself have been cart-jacked about 6 times.

GameStop.com opened reserves online, sold out within 30 seconds or so before their site crashed, crash landing page redirected users to ThinkGeek.

ThinkGeek.com had consoles available but only in Bundles. Bundles came with useless shit with prices ranging from 139 all the way up to 300+

GameStop stores open reserves and each location has an EXTREMELY limited allotment [average is about 10 per store]. Physical stores still have some up from what people are posting but only 1-2 per store from what I've seen. I managed to reserve mine at a physical location.

Toys R Us announced via Twitter that they will NOT be doing online reserves and it will be a first-come-first serve basis on the day of release. They don't give a fuck about human lives.

Hope this helps anyone trying to catch up. All of the above aside from BB and Amazon happened from 9am PST to about 2pm PST

shockdude

I got one from Target. Sheer stupid dumb luck.

"Stupid dumb fu.... the Hell" and then I scrambled around getting all my payment info and ordered.
My luck was even crazier. I was browsing GAF on a phone, and was manually retyping the script on a PC from a blurry imgur screenshot.
After several typos, when the script finally worked, the first click was the one that got my order in.

Best Buy and Amazon.com stealthily opened their reserves in the middle of the night.Their reserves were up for a really long time in comparison to the rest because everyone was asleep.

Target apparently is opening reserves in waves and there's a in-browser command you can use to spam the pre-order button, which then adds to cart and may or may not still be there by the time you actually get to checkout. People have had success, others have not. I myself have been cart-jacked about 6 times.

GameStop.com opened reserves online, sold out within 30 seconds or so before their site crashed, crash landing page redirected users to ThinkGeek.

ThinkGeek.com had consoles available but only in Bundles. Bundles came with useless shit with prices ranging from 139 all the way up to 300+

GameStop stores open reserves and each location has an EXTREMELY limited allotment [average is about 10 per store]. Physical stores still have some up from what people are posting but only 1-2 per store from what I've seen. I managed to reserve mine at a physical location.

Toys R Us announced via Twitter that they will NOT be doing online reserves and it will be a first-come-first serve basis on the day of release. They don't give a fuck about human lives.

Hope this helps anyone trying to catch up. All of the above aside from BB and Amazon happened from 9am PST to about 2pm PST

and this is AFTEr Reggie Fils Aime said there would be more this go round than nes

jennetics

Great recap, thanks!

JakeD

This damn red button. I'm that doctor in the movie who just keeps hitting the corpse with the paddles until someone drags him away....it's over! He's gone!!

jluedtke

I'm at my cabin and went to two rural GameStops around 3pm. At the first one, the guy in front of me got the last one. At the second, I walked in with nobody in front of me and got the last preorder. Both stores said they had nine available.

Rural GameStops FTW!

Nintendon't want me to purchase any of their products ever again. I wish they'd just become a third party developer already. They can't even meet demand. It's drives me nuts.

FUCKING FINALLY.

After having been cartjacked 7 times in the past 2 hours, I finally received an order confirmation number from Target.

Damn, the worst clicker game I ever played....just wanted one and got my goal and out $80.

Fuck you, Nintendo.

sojour

Was there for Walmart. I waited until 1:00 PM EST and then went to refresh my Amazon page first, and then refreshed Walmart's. Was already too late, lol. At that point, didn't even hit 1:01 yet.

Arment

If there was another wave, there could be more. Don't give up if you really want one.

I was lucky enough to get one for myself and my friend. I'm not greedy enough to get more for monetary gain. Wish you all luck.

RRockman

Banned

Is this marginally better than last year at this point in time or is it about the same?

FTF

I just had two added to my cart and deleted before I could even check out.

This keeps happening to me...I don't even want to order 2, I just notice too late and there's 2 in my cart before I can click it to checkout. It has yet to work though.

spad3

Is this marginally better than last year at this point in time or is it about the same?

If you made the BB and Amazon crowd, INFINITELY better. Everyone's currently stuck at GameStop, ThinkGeek, and Target right now trying to get theirs and it's WORSE.

So the early morning Amazon listing link is gone now. Are the preorders from that listing still safe?

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered.

I'm pretty sure he means autofill. If anyone wants to try to cop something that only has limited numbers, you basically have to use autofil if you want to be fast enough.

Top Bottom