• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
HA, i just got off chat with amazon UK again to double check and make sure it was clear that i was getting my order, and they said yes and gave me a faster delivery speed free of charge

UeZxK4hl.png

Fellow US GAFeer stuck with only a Amazon.co.uk order who thanks you for this. Helps me breathe a bit easier.

Aaron D.

If any kind Gaffer that made an order of multitude more than they need is willing to sell 1, 2, or 3 to me. It would be appreciated.

Please PM me if any of you snakes are selling. I am afraid to look in the buy trade thread :(.

And here come the "Cutting to the Front of the Line" requests.

I'm seeing similar posts on every gaming forum I visit. People trying to pre-order other's good will.

Damn you, Nintendo! LOL.

There are so many posts in here with "I got 3" "I got 5". Like are those who are buying multiple gifting them, keeping them or just flipping them?

I went in hoping to get 3. One for myself, one for a friend, and another for my sister. The 4th and 5th were extras I managed to squeeze out of Target before they went out of stock again.

bumpkin

Amazon cancelled 50 of the 80 I ordered, still going to hook gaffers up if they send that package of 30.
If you could put my name on the list of GAF'ers you're willing to help out with one (are there "dibs?"), that would be absolutely amazing!

2D graphics without silky smooth scrolling is unacceptable in my opinion. All of these ran at perfect 60fps 25 years ago.

I think... I think you are misremembering what playing these games was like. NES and SNES games were not "silky smooth" back then and they still aren't. Maybe some of them were but games had tons of slowdown/screen flickering/stuttering. I've actually asked if this is something that could be fixed with emulation multiple times on GAF since we have hardware that is orders of magnitude more powerful now and some people have told me that fixing the games to run smooth would break some, like there's a Mega Man game that relies on the slowdown for certain parts.

For better or for worse Nintendo is all about 100% perfect authentic emulation so if there's slowdown in a game on the NES or SNES Classic, chances are there was slowdown in that game back in the day too.

chinoXL

damn i slept on the pre-order...only option for me is Toys R Us since they aren't having pre-orders...i'll swing by there in the morning and see if i can scoop one up

Damn - the SNES Classic drops frames!

See this Wii U-emulation comparison for yourself (watch in 720p60): Super NES Classic vs Wii U Virtual Console - Head-to-Head Emulation Comparison

Super smooth on Wii U. Not so much on the SNES Classic. :|
Even Super Mario World (the least demanding game) doesn't scroll smoothly.

The SNES Classic has the same internals as the NES Classic right? I know you can mod the NES Classic to play SNES Games I wonder if there is slowdown there?

How the hell do people end up with multiple? Bots I'm assuming? I had it in my cart from 3 different places. Wal-Mart was literally the second it went live. Received errors during checkout at every store. Will have to wait in line at a toys r us or something. No way I'm giving a dime to a scalper. To think they are now selling for 300 bucks is crazy. Obviously people pay it.

As for people wondering why stock is so low, it's Nintendo. They love the attention and the culture surrounding their products. Which is too bad. What I have to go through to get one for my son is disgusting. I know others in the same boat. People brag about having a bunch and most can't even get one.

It all comes down to luck and how much you want to hustle for them. Yes you can get "bots" and obtain some them that way. I personally never used a bot. But all the ones I got came down to being wired to Wario64 and GAF, and hurrying my ass up to my local gamestop.

There was a GAFfer in this thread that posted a script to help those who were hoping to get on the Target ones. That alone increased your chances. Some people want to do the minimal amount of work to get this things and then they bitch about it. Hoping for what? Making the rest of us that worked hard to get one feel bad. I don't know. And before angry people reply notice I qualified the above with "luck."

1 from the UK when they went on pre-order thanks to Wario64.

2 from Wal-Mart that got cancelled that also found through Wario64.

2 from Amazon stealth post from Wario64.

1 from Gamestop in-store from Wario64.

2 from Target random pre-orders thanks to the script the GAF member posted on this thread.

Also got a friend to get his at GameStop, and a co-worker one from Target by using the script.

LordofPwn

I wonder how many people who bought the bundles will legitimately get use out of the crap that comes with them.

I wouldnt mind using the canteen as like a pen holder or something.

I think I've found some use for them. My fam does a gift exchange during the holidays so i'm sure I can use the flask for it. Tetris lights I may just use in my office at work. Beats having to wait in line or paying $500 to a scalper/reseller.

spad3

Thanks NeOak for posting my update to the OP and glad to help out the thread. I'll keep an eye out and post back if I hear of any other locations doing reserves/in-store pickups. ♠

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
It all comes down to luck and how much you want to hustle for them. Yes you can get "bots" and obtain some them that way. I personally never used a bot. But all the ones I got came down to being wired to Wario64 and GAF, and hurrying my ass up to my local gamestop.

There was a GAFfer in this thread that posted a script to help those who were hoping to get on the Target ones. That alone increased your chances. Some people want to do the minimal amount of work to get this things and then they bitch about it. Hoping for what? Making the rest of us that worked hard to get one feel bad. I don't know. And before angry people reply notice I qualified the above with "luck."

2 from Target random pre-orders thanks to the script the GAF member posted on this thread.

Also got a friend to get his at GameStop, and a co-worker one from Target by using the script.

Lasthope just came in and told everyone to shut the fuck up and learn the ropes.

Na, even if I had one preordered I'd still say that post is shitty. It's equating not getting one with being lazy. I Walmart preorders that were cancelled. All of the rest of this shit was bad timing.

Lasthope just came in and told everyone to shut the fuck up and learn the ropes.

Some of us just wanted to order one goddamned unit and move on with our lives.

Instead, I've played this "game" for awhile now, followed twitter & the various threads, and still came up short every time.

It's a fucking sick joke is what is it is.

Trojita

Some of us just wanted to order one goddamned unit and move on with our lives.

Instead, I've played this "game" for awhile now, followed twitter & the various threads, and still came up short every time.

It's a fucking sick joke is what is it is.

You're just being lazy man. No effort /s

inner-G

Banned

I ended up with 2 cancelled Walmart ones and 2 Amazon ones, but I could have ordered multiple UK ones, Target, GameStop in-store, etc. if you were following, the chances were there. I don't even follow wario, I just saw them all on GAF

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.

I hope you're going to do something nice for Wario64.

For all the people he helps, he doesn't even have a Patreon or anything like that. He posts affiliate links but that's only so much.

I hope you're going to do something nice for Wario64.

For all the people he helps, he doesn't even have a Patreon or anything like that. He posts affiliate links but that's only so much.
lolwhat. With his popularity (not just on GAF but internet wide) I'm pretty sure he's raking in some nice dough through those links.

Afrocious

the fuck you doing asleep at 4 am on the east coast. wake your ass up if you want a console

you know who don't sleep? people with preorders

/s

also wario has affiliate links and
has made successful cult hits like killer 7 and no more heroes
. he's good

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member

I did everything above (though I was asleep during the Amazon sale) and only managed to get the UK preorder, so even with putting in work and staying vigilante, luck is still a huge factor.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
lolwhat. With his popularity (not just on GAF but internet wide) I'm pretty sure he's raking in some nice dough through those links.
For sure, but not everyone who benefits from his tweets actually clicks on his links; they get the intel elsewhere. Kind of like that "telephone" game kids play. And he gets nothing when he posts about in-store deals.

br3wnor

When i ordered there was no "no us shipping" on the Page. I talked to a rep at Amazon UK and said my order is fine as it stands

Yeah another poster yesterday said he got Amibos through Amazon UK multiple times and they always said “Won’t ship to US” but they always shipped.

I’m fairly confident the orders will ship, I have no shot at a US one so it’s my only hope too, if it does get cancelled then I’m just giving up, these things are probably gonna hit $400 once the launch happens and stores all run out.

For sure, but not everyone who benefits from his tweets actually clicks on his links; they get the intel elsewhere. Kind of like that "telephone" game kids play. And he gets nothing when he posts about in-store deals.

Pretty sure, this is his job. It's legit all he does, so I'm guessing it's profitable for him.

Oh my god I completely forgot I had an Amazon UK pre-order.

If it actually gets delivered to the US, I'll be amazed. That customer service conversation from above gives me a bit of hope.

I'd actually rather have the EU version anyway. I adore how the SNES and its controllers look over there (and in Japan).

Otheradam

Yeah, Nintendo NYC is going to be Ground Zero for Nintendo fans trying to get a SNES Classic on launch day. You'd probably be better off going to a Gamestop in Brooklyn or something.

Day one yes. There will be a line around the block and it will sell out. But after that? If you can get there, they will probably restock almost daily or every few days running up til the holidays. It has been like this with every system launch there unless it was a limited console. Every time I've been there they have had Switches in stock.

No bots used here. I only order from Amazon and I happened to be awake and checking GAF when Amazon UK and US had them up, and both times they lasted for a good 20 minutes or so, and in the case with Amazon.com they didn't have a limit on how many you can order so I put 3 in.

I was also online when Walmart, BB, GameStop and Target had their's up, but I didn't even bother trying.

I vivdly remember you and I being awake last year when the NES classic went live on amazon at 3am. Crazy how time flies.

I'm just dazed and confused on how we had a tip that it was going live that morning but didnt with the SUper nes

Kaizer

Banned

Eh, I did all of this yesterday for the most part & ended up with jackshit. I'm definitely not "bitching" with minimal effort put in. I literally clicked on some of those links Wario64 posted less than 10 seconds after they went up, hit add to cart & they were already gone. I get that there's a bit of luck involved with this, but people upset over this situation have every right to be a little miffed with Nintendo & frustration over other users having expressed they're awash with multiple units to flip/sell (NOT people getting them for friends/family) is understandable to a degree.

I tried multiple times yesterday to try and grab a SNES classic, but I guess I just wasn't quick enough. I am pretty sad but not much I can do except wait around in hopes I can snag one later.

People need to relax about their Amazon UK preorders.
I never had ANY doubt that mine will be delivered (internationally). I've ordered stuff from Amazon US, UK, Japan, Germany, France, and Spain, all delivered internationally and never had an order cancelled on me. You guys are just not familiar with how AmazonGlobal works... it just works, ok? Chill now :p

I vivdly remember you and I being awake last year when the NES classic went live on amazon at 3am. Crazy how time flies.

I'm just dazed and confused on how we had a tip that it was going live that morning but didnt with the SUper nes

You sure it was me? Because I never got the NES Classic from the US and I don't remember being after it at launch either. I only got interested in it later and managed to get two from Europe. Maybe you were thinking of me during the Switch launch? I was all over that.

crpav

What's frustrating in all of this is that Nintendo already said it will be limited despite saying more will be produced than the NES Classic. Knowing this, as well as how the NES Classic unfolded and ended, means scalpers will be out in full force making it very difficult for those that just want to buy one to actually enjoy playing games. Nintendo needs to just come out and say they will not limit the supply and produce them for years to come and also produce more NES Classics as well/

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah, Nintendo NYC is going to be Ground Zero for Nintendo fans trying to get a SNES Classic on launch day. You'd probably be better off going to a Gamestop in Brooklyn or something.

Going to have to disagree here. Historically that store has had quite a large number of inventory for stuff like this. Local gamestops with their 10 units are going to have no chance. If I had no preorder, wanted a Classic, and was in NYC, the NWS would be my top choice by far. Just get there early :p

gogojira

I did an Amazon chat, too, they said my order is fine and will be delivered. As long as it goes through, I can make peace without getting a US one, lol.

OmegaFax

HA, i just got off chat with amazon UK again to double check and make sure it was clear that i was getting my order, and they said yes and gave me a faster delivery speed free of charge

UeZxK4hl.png

Thanks for confirming. I contacted them with the exact same line you did just to see if they'd bump my shipping and waive the fee but they didn't. You got incredibly lucky with the chat rep they connected you to.

UeZxK4hl.png

You just took the stress level about this subject down a few pegs for me, fam. Good d.

Now I look forward to the questions from friends as to why my SNES Classic looks all weird and fake.

Trojita

I'd rather people not keep on contacting Amazon UK. There is a much higher likelihood of fucking up all the orders if the wrong person is made aware. Happens all the time at SlickDeals.

I only snagged 1 and I feel like I pulled off a miracle.

When I added 5 to amazon's cart and checked out without a hitch, I literally said "really, wut?" aloud. My friends all cheered me the next morning out of excitement, assuming I will get to keep them and that they each get their systems. I do not really trust Amazon in this regard though.

Top Bottom