• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Santhosh at Amazon is the worst yet. I had Chad earlier and even Chad was cooler.

Lol( not laughing at you)... I recall a situation last year with an order where I wound up talking to 3-4 people all regurgitating the same canned auto-pilot bullshit responses. I mean I guess that's part of their training but it's annoying as fuck to be on the receiving end of it.

mrchad

Actually...just got an Amazon email about my order...

LOOKS LIKE IM GETTING MINE FUCK YEAH!!!!!!

THAT MEANS ANYONE WHO PLACED EARLY HAS A CHANCE OF GETTING THEIRS!!!!! I PLACED MINE AT 3:22AM CENTRAL TIME!!!!!!

Which also means that everyone who got the email, the didn't have enough to fulfill those orders sadly so they were working backwards.

I'd reserve excitement until you get a shipping notification, but that's promising.

bachikarn

Westonian

Meanwhile over at Wal-Mart, my card has now been temp charged five times for my 8/22 order. Glad to see even more 8/25 orders are getting shipped and delivered.

That makes sense.

From what I can piece together:

• Amazon planned many months ago (long before the pre-order listing) to sell SNES Classics via the Treasure Trucks and locally via their Instant Pickup locations. This was planned and arranged by those divisions of Amazon with the supplier.
  • Someone in a different division of Amazon screwed up and made a pre-order listing live on 8/22. For whatever reason (maybe attempting to avoid the PR embarassment that Wal-Mart went through earlier in August (where Wal-Mart cancelled every pre-order)), Amazon decided not to cancel the pre-orders, but instead trim them down to one per customer and scramble to fill what remained. This ultimately proved to be a mistake.
  • Amazon can't get any guarantees or commitments from their supplier about when the pre-order supply will come in. The Treasure Truck / Instant Pickup divisions got their stock and delivered accordingly, but for the normal web stock there is no clear timeline about when/how they can fulfill the outstanding orders. CSRs know nothing and are simply throwing credits at customers in an effort to calm things down.

Until someone from Amazon actually spills the beans and tell us how shit went down, this is all just rumors and theories.

THAT MEANS ANYONE WHO PLACED EARLY HAS A CHANCE OF GETTING THEIRS!!!!! I PLACED MINE AT 3:22AM CENTRAL TIME!!!!!!

Which also means that everyone who got the email, the didn't have enough to fulfill those orders sadly so they were working backwards.

I saw that before when they first sent the first e-mail where it had my order shipping sometime in October. If I was you I wouldn't be so sure that they will actually make good on their delivery date.

Commander Kook

Neo Member
Just got one from a Gamestop in western NC. UPS dropped them off at 11:00, and they got 12. Felt sorry for the manager because the phone was ringing off the damn hook asking about it.

Good luck to all of you. Hopefully you have luck like I did.

dgco86

:\ I still don't have anything from Amazon.

A few GameStop must be getting them. I called 3 in the northern Atlanta (Ga) metro area and one of them got them today. Other two presumably did too because they mentioned yesterday they had UPS tracking info.

Dunno how many they had. Was in line for about an hour (got there around 11 because employee said shipments usually get there by noon) with 7-8 people. We all got one

Saganator

Meanwhile over at Wal-Mart, my card has now been temp charged five times for my 8/22 order. Glad to see even more 8/25 orders are getting shipped and delivered.

That makes sense.

I asked a Walmart rep about this, they said it was based on location of the fulfillment center if you got yours. Was tempted to start a Google Sheet to track 8/25 and 8/22 orders to see who got theirs and where they're located, buuut that's too much work I'm willing to put in and I doubt I'll be able to get enough people to fill it out.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I asked a Walmart rep about this, they said it was based on location of the fulfillment center if you got yours. Was tempted to start a Google Sheet to track 8/25 and 8/22 orders to see who got theirs and where they're located, buuut that's too much work I'm willing to put in and I doubt I'll be able to get enough people to fill it out.

That's total garbage. No way this is true.

cordy

Banned
I'd reserve excitement until you get a shipping notification, but that's promising.
I saw that before when they first sent the first e-mail where it had my order shipping sometime in October. If I was you I wouldn't be so sure that they will actually make good on their delivery date.
We'll see. Checked my order and it says "Tuesday" now which is a change from how it's been these past few months so I'll see. Overall, I won't be upset anymore since all the credit they gave me pretty much knocked this down to free given I had a gift card so whatever happens happens. So far though, so good.

:\ I still don't have anything from Amazon.

I went back and checked the original page where the link went up and here's what I found out from the posters who preordered. From what we can see (hypothetically), here's who placed their order before and after Wario's link.

(Those who preordered before Wario's link)

powersurge
bigbri
toki767
jabee
broncobuster
squeekyclean
r-user
15rc
sillution

(Those who preordered after Wario's link)

naked snake
wehrwolf
alexflame
simplecripple
dabargainhunta
manzanas
brickarts
tabasco
innerg
schuckyducky
dishwalla
bluth
tesusa
aspiegamer
Burning Justice
Cheezeman3000
BasedKilik
watershed
spade
greglombardi
lacobellis
devilhawk
shinobu
sleepnaught
pikma
hateradio
brickarts295
bigfroth
darealgummy
zonic
FantasticMrFoxdie
Lasthope106
Murugo
whiteninja
Sorta Maximus
Deathpeak
ctfg23
OricWindstar
Stinkles

Afterwards the link officially died. It might not matter but it could explain who's getting the "confirm late delivery" emails earlier than others. They could be working backwards.

Cheech

Got one in West Michigan! Walked into a GameStop, they got 12 in, had 9 left when I rolled in an hour after open. Good luck all!

I didn't get any emails from amazon but I did happen to send out a complaint email around 11 or 12 last night. They said they were trying to get more from a different supplier and gave me a $10 credit. (Don't have access to the whole email atm)

You placed yours before or after warios link?

Either way sounds promising that they are fulfilling some orders. Assuming they got more stock like the other retailers.

I'm still in patience mode. I don't mind receiving mine for another few weeks.

Though, everyone saying they picked one up in-store has me tempted right now to go drive to my store >_<

atomsk

Party Pooper

Nahhhhh, I had one order for each of those dates.

They shipped my 8/25, and my 8/22 is still in limbo.

cordy

Banned
You placed yours before or after warios link?

Either way sounds promising that they are fulfilling some orders. Assuming they got more stock like the other retailers.

I'm still in patience mode. I don't mind receiving mine for another few weeks.

Though, everyone saying they picked one up in-store has me tempted right now to go drive to my store >_<

I placed mine before he posted his. I think once he posted it, all the other sites did and then they quickly took down the link but yeah so far it looks like they might be fulfilling some orders.

Me I can wait for Amazon since I'm using the credit they gave me on it. If I had no credit I'd easily go to Gamestop.

muzzymate

My Walmart order experience has been awesome! :'-( Still waiting...

Skon5AP.jpg

ThinkGeek says they're all sold out and the site magically works again.

I call shenanigans.

I was able to order one, luckily. Now for the shipping shenanigans.

Figures Thinkgeek would get their online stock available right as I was driving to Gamestop to see if they got any in. Oh well. Hopefully they will get some in - just waiting on the delivery guy to show up. If not guess I'll repeat this insanity tomorrow. Thankfully I get to "work from home" today and tomorrow.

gweemz

GameStop online is supposed to go live today, right? I totally missed the ThinkGeek restock. I follow Wario64 but he did not tweet anything about it. Should I have alerts set up for anywhere else?

dapoktan

Just got an email from amazon saying I should get my order on Thursday, October 19.

this is at least some info.. dont know if theyll deliver or not, but its better than their 'we have no idea, u want it or not?!' email I got at 1:40AM..

I got off the phone w/ support, they offered me 1 month extension of Prime.. I've been a paid prime member for over 10 years now, theyre offering me 1 month of prime.. what is that $6?

Then they said they would offer me $10 for the order.. I almost lost my cool, but I just calmly asked to talk to their supervisor..

Supervisor said he would update me in 24-48 hrs for a firm delivery date.. I took his word (and email proof) and said thank you.

Because thats all I want as a customer.. I dont want your $5, $10 allowance.. I want information and notice of the items I purchased.

RedRumy3

Amazon rep told me yesterday that my item was going to be delivered today lol i should of selected send email of that conversation. Got an email today about the delay and if I still want my item. Between amazon and walmart I wanna cry.

cordy

Banned
Yep so I was right, they are fulfilling some of the Amazon orders. I get mine on Tuesday, others in this thread are getting theirs on Wednesday and Thursday. Looks like we might have placed our orders in time.

Top Bottom