• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Put in an order on GameStop for one, but payment wouldn't go through.

Check check credit card online - Walmart charged me two more times for my order again today so BoA locked my card.

screams-internally.png

Walmart is actively making it so I can't get an SNES Mini.

I got an order confirmation but no email or anything yet. Unable to find it in my orders.

Same here. I copied the order confirmation (keep it - its in your brower history if you browsed away) and will contact them if I dont hear within the next couple hours. Ill give em a couple hours before I freak out though :)

Edit: Just got the email. AHHH YEAHHHH.

I did ship it to my parents house in Ohio, and I live in San Francisco... but I get the feeling if I had fixed the shipping address i probably wouldnt have gotten the order in in time :)

lol i'm going to take us down a notch and have to be the killjoy here.

i'm starting to think these dates are all bullshit.

Why wouldn't all of our orders be delivered on the same day, Like usual? We all ordered on the same day.
Why would the delivery window be all these different dates in the span of a week and continue to go up? Realistically they aren't getting new shipments of consoles every single day?
It may be the morphine that's making me think this (I'm in the hospital) but at this point all I'm waiting for is the first sign of a shipping notification from any GAFer here. Once they get the first one, then I'll relax cause it means to me that they are heading out in droves. But for now I'll remain cautious.

gweemz

Ordered through app. Got to confirmation easily, but I don't have my email yet

Edit just got my email.

Flick teeeeea

Yeah my coworker got an email but I still haven't gotten mine yet. Probably won't get it. Oh well.

Edit: Got the email. For reference, I was already trying to checkout from the gamestop app before seeing Wario's tweet.

Put my GameStop order in the moment Wario's tweet went out... got it in my cart, went to PayPal, and then when I completed the checkout and returned back to GameStop the fucks emptied my cart and pissed me off.

Meanwhile, fuck Amazon. My preorder still has yet to ship or even have an estimate.

cordy

Banned
If people aren't sure when they preordered the Amazon version, here's what I see from checking page 39 (when it went up).

(Those who preordered before Wario's Amazon link)

powersurge
bigbri
toki767
jabee
broncobuster
squeekyclean
r-user
15rc
sillution
cordy (getting mine in on Tuesday)

naked snake
wehrwolf
alexflame
simplecripple
dabargainhunta
manzanas
brickarts
tabasco

(Those who preordered after Wario's link)

innerg
schuckyducky
dishwalla
bluth
tesusa
aspiegamer
Burning Justice
Cheezeman3000
BasedKilik
watershed
spade
greglombardi
lacobellis
devilhawk
shinobu
sleepnaught
pikma
hateradio
brickarts295
bigfroth
darealgummy
zonic
FantasticMrFoxdie
Lasthope106
Murugo
whiteninja
Sorta Maximus
Deathpeak
ctfg23
OricWindstar
Stinkles

I wonder if anyone else who preordered it before the link will be getting theirs next week.

Tabasco

When I logged into my Amazon account, my order had a different status because I had to confirm it before they are able to ship it out.

Took care of that, then I edited my shipping address to the same one I used when I placed the pre-order (before Wario's link) and now I have an estimated arrival date of Wednesday the 18th.

At least there is finally some progress. Good luck to the rest of you!

modsbox

Walmart has now:

- Temp authed payment for my credit card five times for my 8/22 order including again on 10/9

- Sent me a backorder notice on October 5th saying that if they can't ship by 11/30 they will cancel it for me

- Kept the order in 'Preparing order' state saying it will arrive by October 6th the entire time.

Meanwhile they sold and shipped a bunch to folks that ordered on 8/25, and have been happily selling them in B&M stores as well.

I just don't get why they don't care about these orders enough to fill them, yet also don't seem to want to simply cancel them.

Either allocate the next N of them that come in for these orders and ship them out, or cancel them. The permanent limbo is just bizarre.

I got an order confirmation but no email or anything yet. Unable to find it in my orders.

I got an email confirmation but still can't find it in my orders or by trying to manually check it with the order confirmation - it just said no order exists with that confirmation number.

Walmart has now:

- Temp authed payment for my credit card five times for my 8/22 order including again on 10/9

- Sent me a backorder notice on October 5th saying that if they can't ship by 11/30 they will cancel it for me

- Kept the order in 'Preparing order' state saying it will arrive by October 6th the entire time.

Meanwhile they sold and shipped a bunch to folks that ordered on 8/25, and have been happily selling them in B&M stores as well.

I just don't get why they don't care about these orders enough to fill them, yet also don't seem to want to simply cancel them.

Either allocate the next N of them that come in for these orders and ship them out, or cancel them. The permanent limbo is just bizarre.

Exactly my experience as well. What a joke.

kyo2004

If people aren't sure when they preordered the Amazon version, here's what I see from checking page 39 (when it went up).

powersurge
bigbri
toki767
jabee
broncobuster
squeekyclean
r-user
15rc
sillution
cordy (getting mine in on Tuesday)

naked snake
wehrwolf
alexflame
simplecripple
dabargainhunta
manzanas
brickarts
tabasco

innerg
schuckyducky
dishwalla
bluth
tesusa
aspiegamer
Burning Justice
Cheezeman3000
BasedKilik
watershed
spade
greglombardi
lacobellis
devilhawk
shinobu
sleepnaught
pikma
hateradio
brickarts295
bigfroth
darealgummy
zonic
FantasticMrFoxdie
Lasthope106
Murugo
whiteninja
Sorta Maximus
Deathpeak
ctfg23
OricWindstar
Stinkles

I wonder if anyone else who preordered it before the link will be getting theirs next week.

I preordered when Wario published the link on Twitter... so after... xD... Expecting to receive mine on 19th (and add another 2-3 days until the console came to home)...

cordy

Banned
I preordered when Wario published the link on Twitter... so after... xD... Expecting to receive mine on 19th (and add another 2-3 days until the console came to home)...

That's great news then.

I guess it's just seeing if the product comes lol.

Jeremy

I was finally able to nab one... my bitching has been quelled for another year.

Has anyone gone into an actual GameStop today to see if they have more?

yes, a location a lil farther from my general area seemed to get about 15 (Clinton, MS store), said he had sold 8 that morning but hadn't seen the same rush. other places had people waiting though and their shipments hadn't even come in around noon.

I got the alert from nowinstock but it wouldn't let me add to cart and then said unavailable online.

So I called the nearest GameStop and surprisingly was told they had them so I hurried over and got one.

I asked how much stock they got in but the lady working the register wouldn't tell me.

Moral of the story: Call up the GameStops in your area.

Walmart has now:

Ouch.
Yeah, my 8/25 preorder arrived last week. I'm sorry...

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
What's the most realistic option for someone from US/Canada to buy the European model? I just saw that it was in-stock on Micromania, French site, I added it to cart, but then realized they only ship to a few European countries. I suspect it will be the same thing with most retailers, except maybe Amazon UK?

What's the most realistic option for someone from US/Canada to buy the European model? I just saw that it was in-stock on Micromania, French site, I added it to cart, but then realized they only ship to a few European countries. I suspect it will be the same thing with most retailers, except maybe Amazon UK?

Amazon UK, France, Germany and Spain ship to USA.

Amazon France is having it in stock pretty much daily.

Has anyone gone into an actual GameStop today to see if they have more?

Yeah, I had called my local Gamestop and their delivery driver usually arrives around noon so I headed over there about 11:45AM and waiting until about 1:30PM for their UPS guy to finally show up (late). At least he had two boxes full of SNES Classics for them to sell and I was first in line for one.

EDIT: If your Gamestop hasn't received their shipment in today then they probably will receive it tomorrow or Friday at the latest. All (or most anyway) Gamestop stores are supposed to be getting them in today through Friday.

Phionoxx

Thanks to this thread being bumped and the note about Gamestop getting some in store, I was able to walk in and grab one over lunch!

Pretty excited as the vast majority of the games are new to me. I will also be adding a few games to it as well.

hitme

Got Amazon to price match after complaining to them for 30 minutes.

If you have Prime, threaten to cancel your Prime account because of the delay.

Erevador

*snip*

*snip*

I pre-ordered before Wario's link. Amazon is still telling me I'll get my order tomorrow, though it hasn't shipped yet...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn it, I missed out on ordering one from GS JUST as I woke up & according to istock now, there's none in my area, let alone county. I GUESS I could swing by GS in an hour since I'm so close, but I doubt they'll have any.

disChapo

Neo Member

I also preordered before Wario's link. No updates on my Amazon though.

Nope, my GS didn't get any today. I'll be in the office tomorrow so I probably won't get one from GS this shipment period.
Dang that sucks. Hopefully you're able to get one. At least you're better off then some of us here. Though I'm sure someone would be willing to sell an extra order that they have at a reasonable price.

jyoung188

Gamestop had it in stock for 40 mins today? You US guys are lucky. Canadian Walmart had a stock refresh in Canada that lasted 1 min.

Nope standalone was up for less than a minute and I missed it.

Got lucky with a bundle including some GameStop exclusive snes book like 30 seconds after the wario64 tweet.

Top Bottom