• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Toki767

I hope you're wrong.

I'm still pissed off about the NES Classic. People who actually want to play and USE these should have been able to get one, and knowing that there were so many of them that went to scalpers still burns me to my core.

If I see anything I'll post here, but you guys are way faster than me. :(

Well I think they said that they would have extra stock for launch.

So who knows. You still have Walmart, Target, and GameStop that will potentially do pre-orders.

All the pre-orders went up while a good portion of the United States were asleep. Great job Nintendo for those of us who bother being employed so we can buy your products.

Oh well. If Nintendo desires to leave money on the table by under producing this thing, their loss.

All the pre-orders went up while a good portion of the United States were asleep. Great job Nintendo for those of us who bother being employed so we can buy your products.

Oh well. If Nintendo desires to leave money on the table by under producing this thing, their loss.

The worst thing is that I am usually awake at around midnight, but this one day I slept early.

Why blame Nintendo and not amazon | Best Buy? Walmart and target waited...

mr_chun

Yup. The "It's dead" tweet was the one that woke me up. My wife's getting tired of my phone going off all the time and I had to be asleep a half-hour too long.
Same lol. My wife can't stand it, and I was like baby, tonight be the night. And I slept through it.

ReyVGM

What does Nintendo have to do with the time stores open their pre orders?

Well I think they said that they would have extra stock for launch.

So who knows. You still have Walmart, Target, and GameStop that will potentially do pre-orders.

Nintendo is going to keep making SNES Classic until December, so there's still a lot of time to get one.

Toki767

Nintendo is going to keep making SNES Classic until December, so there's still a lot of time to get one.

The first part is true.

The second part is a toss up. We don't know how many they're going to be making. Whether they slow down on production after the initial launch.

There's going to be like 4 months to get one. October, November, December, and January.

Madame M

Banned
Salt-014-1024x614.jpg

B96lWgj.jpg

Skeletron

I'm off to sleep with a BB and Amazon preorder. Feels good after missing that NES Amazon treasure truck shit last month. Can't wait to see how everything turns out tomorrow. Half the country is gonna be deservedly salty in the morning.

Sheytan

I'm pretty much guaranteed five snes classics, but i'm thinking of canceling my pre-orders they are expensive as fuck in Sweden, they go for 196US$.

Wtf is this shit, US preorders went up overnight and are all gone now?!

There are rumors of Walmart at 1 p.m EST.

Those are unconfirmed.

Also there are likely to be other batches. And I also suspect users who ordered multiple systems will be reduced to 1, much like the UK was (for Amazon anyway).

God fucking damnit, are you kidding me? I was relying on that amazon pre order and they put it up over night without warning? Man thats some next level bullshit

Jesus christ wtf? Of course this happens when half of America is sleeping. Nice job.

So only best buy and Amazon links went up? Target and Walmart still haven't put pre-orders up?

Toki767

Just Best Buy and Amazon so far. Target, GameStop, and Walmart are still to come, with some people claiming Walmart will be up at 10am Pacific.

For what it's worth (and it is worth very little because Walmart.com is a mess since buying out Jet and putting most of the Jet employees in charge of Walmart.com operations) back when NES Classic was being put up for order on their site, my friend who worked for Walmart.com told me that the employees were given advance notice to prepare for heavy traffic on the site.

But they did announce that publicly ahead of time back then. So who knows.

Why blame Nintendo and not amazon | Best Buy? Walmart and target waited...

Ultimately it does lie with Nintendo. They're the ones who can't give solid pre-order info. It leads to situations where retailers put them up too early and have to retract ( walmart), and interested consumers have to be constantly plugged into social media and waiting for alerts to have a short window of time to fight over the crumbs with everyone else trying to get one. This is the way they choose to operate and will continue to do so because people will still trip over themselves to get one. Its highly aggravating, especially when you know that tons of these units are going to end up in the hands of scalpers who have absolutely no interest beyond paying their rent with the profits. Yeah I probably sound salty as hell.

Madame M

Banned
lol just refreshed the best buy page to see "pre order" come back, but added it to cart and tried to check out and the message "Heads up! Nintendo - Entertainment System: SNES Classic Edition is currently out of stock. Please remove this item or save it for later." popped up.

Best Buy troll game strong

For what it's worth (and it is worth very little because Walmart.com is a mess since buying out Jet and putting most of the Jet employees in charge of Walmart.com operations) back when NES Classic was being put up for order on their site, my friend who worked for Walmart.com told me that the employees were given advance notice to prepare for heavy traffic on the site.

But they did announce that publicly ahead of time back then. So who knows.

The last two times I've relied on Walmart for preordering something limited (one of those times an Amiibo, even), they waited weeks, well past all the other preorders, then cancelled it with no fanfare or store credit as apology. Just "Whoops, we won't actually get it *fart* Bye".

If you do land a preorder with them, I'd seriously consider still preordering somewhere else as well, if that's feasible.

I hate the overnight BS. Every time it's basically fuck the east coast. West coast could have ordered at 10pm. Me? Better be up at 1am on a workday...

I hate the overnight BS. Every time it's basically fuck the east coast. West coast could have ordered at 10pm. Me? Better be up at 1am on a workday...

Yeah fuck us seriously. They couldnt even give a warning, im at work now on the east coast and got home and 12 last night, how the hell were we supposed to know to stay up. Im very pissed off right now

charpunk

Great. I missed it at both locations I wanted to order from because They put them up in the middle of the fucking night. Fuck this shit and fuck you Nintendo.

Grady

Wow, never even had a chance. Been watching and waiting all month for news. What dirtbags. Release something this anticipated while half the country is sleeping.

Top Bottom