• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

batfax

MyEpitomeCliché;244183005 said:
To those being cancelled, what time did you order? They most likely oversold. Got mine a minute after Wario tweeted it out and it's still processing.

The pre-order thread when Walmart went up was still on the first page of responses when I got mine in.

MrNelson

Banned
Got my processing confirmation at 12:07 EST and it's still listing as processing. While I want one, I'm not as excited about it as others are so if it goes through...good...if not...oh well.
Ya, mine came through at 11:40, so I don't think the order times are factoring into your chances of keeping it.

Now I don't feel so bad for missing the WM preorders... Must suck for all the folks getting their orders cancelled. The hunt goes on.

MyEpitomeCliché;244183005 said:
To those being cancelled, what time did you order? They most likely oversold. Got mine a minute after Wario tweeted it out and it's still processing.

I got the notification, ran into the house and ordered. Couldn't have been more than 2-3 minutes after he posted it.

My order is still "processing" and I paid with PayPal. Sucks if it gets canceled. I think I preordered like two minutes after the "Walmart orders up" thread got posted.

rSpooky

Did you preorder and then go to bed without checking your email?

I had the same email, but received it almost immediately after placing an order. They didn't like my credit card. I tried twice with that card and then finally got my order to go through with a different card on my third attempt and I still have my preorder as of yet.

EDIT: I just checked my order status on Walmart's site and my order is cancelled too. No email. Maybe everyone is getting theirs cancelled now and all the emails haven't rolled out yet. Check walmart.com for your order status, guys!

For now.. still processing. Not sure that means much though.

F34R

Here's mine right now:
Preauthorized Card Tran 172.78 07/21/2017 07/23/2017 11:42 PM

That's from my bank. I've never had something get this far and kicked back out. Hopefully this won't be the first.

Ultimately this is just a bump in the road and if it comes down to it, there's a TRU and Best Buy right next to each other about 10-15 minutes' walk from my house that I can camp out at for release, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm fuckin pissed about this. If they really did accidentally hit "Go" early that's legit though and I can't fault them for cancelling all the orders but if they're just doing it at random because they oversold that's fucked. It was up for 40 minutes, I'd think that's more than enough time for someone to go "Oh shit wait it's live quick turn it off!"

F34R

Still standing...

snesorder.png

BTA

I got one order cancelled immediately; I reordered with a different card and it got cancelled around 4 AM. I'm not suuuuper eager to get one but I would like it if I can get it, so hopefully preorders open somewhere else and stick.

Both of mine still standing. One I know has the wrong billing address so that one will probably get canceled. Thankfully everything is correct for my In-Store pickup order so that one should be ok I hope.

rSpooky

My pre-order hasn't been cancelled yet, but I contacted Walmart's customer service and got the same answer about it being released a week early. My rep said all pre-orders will be cancelled "it will be available next week and it could be between Thursday and Friday."

Well that would suck as I will be away and not able to get in on that.. :/

My pre-order hasn't been cancelled yet, but I contacted Walmart's customer service and got the same answer about it being released a week early. My rep said all pre-orders will be cancelled "it will be available next week and it could be between Thursday and Friday."

Well it'll be dumb to have this order canceled just because, but the way they seem sure of it happening next week might mean that it's an official pre-order day and all retailers will be up...

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Well it'll be dumb to have this order canceled just because, but the way they seem sure of it happening next week might mean that it's an official pre-order day and all retailers will be up...

If the FCC hasn't approve the system then it's illegal to take money for it. (In the USA)

Anybody know if the FCC approval went through?

Kusagari

If they're putting up preorders next week I don't know why they care.

It's not like they're going to alert people next week. It's going to be the same shit where they just go up randomly.

Zee-Row

Banned
My order is still alive and mine was ordered 10 minutes after Warios post since I forgot my password and was fumbling around trying to log in.

CD'S BAR

Sounds like they are just trying to placate the barrage of enraged callers they must be getting. "It could be Thursday or Friday" doesn't sound very assuring.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
It Walmart cancels all the preorders is going to be a shit show.

So, would cancellations be a lack of FCC thing, we didn't have Nintendo permission thing, or both reasons thing? If it's a Wal-Mart thing, then F Walmart.

So, would cancellations be a lack of FCC thing, we didn't have Nintendo permission thing, or both reasons thing? If it's a Wal-Mart thing, then F Walmart.

I wonder then how Target got away with it last year with the NES Classic because that's how I got mine. I put in an order that August and not only did I get one, I got it the day before official retail release.

Walmart cancelled a friend's as well. He pre ordered quickly after it went up and the page doesn't seem to exist anymore. They will probably cancel all of them.

Godcannon

My order is still alive and mine was ordered 10 minutes after Warios post since I forgot my password and was fumbling around trying to log in.

Hah, I did the exact same thing, was worried for a second there. Looks like mine is still good for now too. Fingers crossed.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Hah, I did the exact same thing, was worried for a second there. Looks like mine is still good for now too. Fingers crossed.
Best guess is auto-cancelling orders in the order received in the system by searching orders placed for that SKU. Hope everyone left has an order that lives on. Fight the good fight order status!

bargeparty

So I put this order in yesterday when it went up, not sure how quickly I got it in, but I never received an email or anything. I log into the Walmart account today and there's nothing, no order. I'm pretty sure I used the right email address... not sure what happened.

NeOak

The FCC shit is speculation from a website

Update: This report got a lot of attention. As stated, this is speculation, based on the striking similarities of the store listings for the Xbox One X. We can't at this point confirm that the FCC approval process is a factor for retailers not taking SNES Classic Pre-orders. We might also never know. What is fact is that lots of Nintendo fans are waiting for the SNES Classic pre-order to begin. Pre-orders were available in Europe and Australia already. It would be a nice move by Nintendo to manage expectations and issue a statement about SNES Classic pre-order details in the United States.

mjc

It's pretty amazing how botched almost all major Nintendo preorders get compared to MS or Sony releases.

boon

If they're putting up preorders next week I don't know why they care.

It's not like they're going to alert people next week. It's going to be the same shit where they just go up randomly.
I was alerted by Walmart via email. I jumped on placing an order, and came to GAF. Thread was just started at that time with maybe 5 replies. It would be a shame if all these pre-orders get cancelled. I was feeling pretty good when I woke up this morning!

Blizzard

Banned
I ordered about 15 minutes after the GAF thread went up. One unit, paid with credit card, order still processing (checked website).

BriGuy

You'd think block cancelling every order would be a PR nightmare. It would be one thing if they were cancelling huge shipment numbers to the same address, but otherwise they're just snatching items from one customer to give to another.

RedZaraki

Banned
I don't see the harm in them taking pre-orders early, provided the use a good estimate of the number they're getting and don't over reserve.

People pre-ordering now, people ordering in September, it's just a sales order to them. What's the difference?

Spacebar

You'd think block cancelling every order would be a PR nightmare. It would be one thing if they were cancelling huge shipment numbers to the same address, but otherwise they're just snatching items from one customer to give to another.

Unless there is some legal FCC stuff we don't know about it would be pretty silly to wipe them all. A sale is a sale. They may be cancelling orders because they got too many orders and probably won't be able to cover them all.

Charadis

Something about Best Buy charging people only $100 for them instead of giving $100 off error overnight a few nights back.

Only applied to elite members, but several people bought multiple S8+ phones for only $100 each.

To add to this thread, just checked my Walmart preorder and it's still processing. Ordered placed at 11:04pm CST, can't believe I squeezed in before selling out. I can rest a little easier now woohoo

Just gotta get a couple more for gifts...

Top Bottom