• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

My pre-order hasn't been cancelled yet, but I contacted Walmart's customer service and got the same answer about it being released a week early. My rep said all pre-orders will be cancelled "it will be available next week and it could be between Thursday and Friday."
That would really be disappointing. I was so happy to get one through because I had just gotten home when I got Wario64's alert about it. Really not looking forward to competing with bots or whatever scalpers next week.

Sushigod7

Last year Target cancelled my order I wouldn't be at all surprised if this gets it canned as well. But I have little faith in what a walmart online rep says as well. The people in store are possibly the worst employees of any company how these reps would know that detailed of information is mind boggling.

NeOak

quantity 2...

21c4f4ae9d1579c3633f973ede4ec666425e17f6_hq.gif
This is a post for SlickDeals.

If you want to shame people for ordering 2, go somewhere else. Rule 1 applies.

It's pretty amazing how botched almost all major Nintendo preorders get compared to MS or Sony releases.
The difference being with Sony and Microsoft, they will put in their best effort to make sure a console is available for anyone that wants one.

Nintendo will not.

This is a post for SlickDeals.

If you want to shame people for ordering 2, go somewhere else. Rule 1 applies.

Nope, the hate is valid. Why would anyone need two? Should be one per person. Sorry, no one "needs" two. Just scalper idiots or people "buying for a friend" or "giving as gift (not)"

Amneisac

Nope, the hate is valid. Why would anyone need two? Should be one per person. Sorry, no one "needs" two. Just scalper idiots or people "buying for a friend" or "giving as gift (not)"

I understand what you're saying, but I'm a 35 year old man with nieces and nephews. I've never scalped anything in my life and I also hate the Slickdeals crowd who will buy 100 of these things. Keep your emotions in check, man. There are definitely customers who can buy two systems and not be interested in scalping them. If you're mad at anyone be mad at Walmart for not imposing a limit of one per order.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i set up nowinstock alerts for this today. hopefully that helps me snag one. i'm so rarely on a computer and am constantly out so i am counting on my phone to pull through for ol' beelzebozo

If my dad wanted an SNES Mini I would have bought two, it's not like he's following Wario 64 on Twitter with notifications being sent to his watch so he can attempt to buy one at 3am. Get out of here with that shit. Do you know what a birthday is? Christmas? People give gifts. Jesus.

inherendo

Sucks for you then as you're a complete stranger on the internet and I have friends I care about more than some random guy. I got 2 😁 at least until they cancel them.

I currently have 2 UK and 1 US SNES preordered. I'm still not sure what to do with them. I only want 1 UK and I'll probably cancel the other UK pre order, but my collection would look dope with 2 SNES Classics side by side.

Erekiddo

I've never used twitter but I signed up so I can get wario 64s alerts sent to my phone. A barrage of them woke me up this morning.

Is there a way to narrow it down to only trigger off of certain keywords?

Kusagari

If they're canceling them all, they're doing it weirdly.

You would think it would have impacted everyone by now. I've seen people that ordered it after myself get canceled, while mine is still kicking.

i don't do tweeter, but thank you

Wario is so amazing I would sign up for Twitter specifically to follow him. It's because of him that my girlfriend has a Switch, and how I was able to get Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 for $12 each and Crash Remastered for $6. It's worth it!

Afrocious

Also, while we're having the discussion, what's wrong with reselling stuff? Maybe someone realizes you can make a quick dollar off upcharging and they could be saving up for something or maybe they are simply in need of money.

It's silly to be angry at anyone buying multiple. The frustration should be pointed at Nintendo for artificially limiting their stock for most of their items.

NeOak

Also, while we're having the discussion, what's wrong with reselling stuff? Maybe someone realizes you can make a quick dollar off upcharging and they could be saving up for something or maybe they are simply in need of money.

It's silly to be angry at anyone buying multiple. The frustration should be pointed at Nintendo for artificially limiting their stock for most of their items.

No, we are not having that discussion in this thread.

God fucking damn it.

Erekiddo

Low stock, high demand, posting on a gaming enthusiast forum containing people that potentially did not get one.

Not hard.

Mr. Hyde

Did everyone do in store pickup? I changed mine to ship when I ordered. It's still in processing but I guess we will see.

ironmang

Nothing is wrong with it. Nintendo makes these products rare when they can just make them over a period of years to slowly meet demand. Can't blame people for taking advantage of free money. There's been some items in the past where I bought it intending on keeping then soon as I saw what people were willing to pay I sold it.

Mine still says processing (and a rep told me that it went through just fine), bu I won't be surprised if this one gets cancelled (along with the Amazon UK one). God Damn It.

dgdas9

I preordered one there, two days ago, but I'm highly skeptical I'll actually receive one.

Why? Have they ever canceled preorders here? And it's not like we usually have shortages, the Switch, for instance, has never sold out anywhere as far as I can tell.

TrojanAg

Have two orders, one pickup and one delivery, that are both just fine. I doubt that all of the preorders will be cancelled.

Spacebar

Not setting foot in a WM if I don't have to. My order is for shipped. Not too worried if I get it a few days after launch.

Sushigod7

One person I know got cancelled called them and asked why because payment info was correct. Phone rep said it related to stock payment information was fine. No mention of this mass cancellation and sale next week. Don't believe everything people are posting lots of trolls and guesses happening all over.

MrMephistoX

Mines still processing fingers crossed knocking on wood etc. Its set to go to my old address but I don't dare switch anything yet.

I had gotten my alert from NowInStock, and got my order in and received the confirmation 1 minute after Wario64's Tweet.
So, hopefully I'm good.

kaskade

Mine's still not canceled, I'm glad I got on in because I randomly checked twitter at the bar for some reason. I was actually surprised it was still in stock since I figured it would've been sold out in like a minute or two.

After trying so hard to get the NES and failing hopefully I can catch a break with this one.

Afrocious

I had gotten my alert from NowInStock, and got my order in and received the confirmation 1 minute after Wario64's Tweet.
So, hopefully I'm good.

Yeah, I ordered mine the moment NowInStock texted the alert. I think the gaf thread had less than 20 posts at that point.

Nick

I just want to give a big shoutout to Wario64, who has now helped me get a Nintendo Switch, NES Classic AND SNES Classic from his tweets.

Luv you, Daddy Wario. <3

Top Bottom