• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sniper Elite 3 |OT| "In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it.”

Granted I was sick at home yesterday and my head was a little out of it, but it probably took me five hours just to tackle the third level. The areas can get pretty damn large, and they're free form in terms of how you want to approach each primary or optional secondary objective.

To be fair though I'm playing without assists and pretty sure I killed every last soldier by way of traps, firing loud and making quick relocations to secondary firing locations to take down more when they investigated. Rinse and repeat and stealth crouch stab and silenced pistol shots for the win, many, many, many hours later.

I got enormously lost on the third level; I found one of the objectives across this ridge but I think I have to double back and find another way to actually physically reach it.

So annoying. I couldn't seem to find out how to open the map on my gamepad but maybe I'll work that out tonight.

Coop is super fun actually, more fun than solo.

Lima

I got enormously lost on the third level; I found one of the objectives across this ridge but I think I have to double back and find another way to actually physically reach it.

So annoying. I couldn't seem to find out how to open the map on my gamepad but maybe I'll work that out tonight.

Coop is super fun actually, more fun than solo.

On Xbox One it's holding down the view button (left one that used to be back) and on PS4 you press down on the touch pad.

My biggest complaint is the audio. It sounds like people are right next to you, but they aren't. Makes it hard to locate enemies unless you can see them. Can't tell you how many times I was looking through the binoculars and I quickly switch to my weapon thinking someone was right next to me when they were probably a good 30' away.

yes this! i thought i was the only one, i stopped using my headset because the shitty audio made it useless

otherwise a great game though also fuck authentic level i think ill play it one level below that because i spent 3 hrs in the second mission and one dumb fucked up got me killed on top of some rocks lol

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Is there a way to turn off the right bumper red crosshair helper without disabling spotting icons?

Is there a way to turn off the right bumper red crosshair helper without disabling spotting icons?
Only in the first level for some weird reason. Custom difficulty with moderate assists will remove the aiming diamond but keep the other stuff, but only in that level.

I've ditched all assists because I honestly think it removes the entire heart of the game to play it that way. Its also a mistake for the game to have it enabled in so many difficulties.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Only in the first level for some weird reason. Custom difficulty with moderate assists will remove the aiming diamond but keep the other stuff, but only in that level.

I've ditched all assists because I honestly think it removes the entire heart of the game to play it that way. Its also a mistake for the game to have it enabled in so many difficulties.

Is this a known bug? I tried playing no assist and it was just too hairy. I need to know at least a direction in which I'm being spotted.

And I also need to be able to inhale when lining up a shot... Without a crosshair telling me exactly where the shot will go.

This game is amazing!

Only real disappointment is the coop maps. Two for survival and two for overwatch. Seriously, that's it Rebellion? Give me 4 at least :(

bender

What time is it?
Enjoying the game a lot but I also really liked V2. I can't believe how large the levels are. I think the second and third levels have consumed over three hours each.

edit: Had a 310.88m shot on the 3rd level.

Karak

Man this game has some legs. Even after reviewing it I have gone back to it now and am almost done on the second playthrough. Simply so much fun.

I've been seeing lots of positive reviews for this game, and have enjoyed what I've played of the Sniper series in the past. Someone push me over the edge to get this on PS4, I just need a slight nudge.

And I also need to be able to inhale when lining up a shot... Without a crosshair telling me exactly where the shot will go.
You can still inhale to steady your shots - I'm running with zero tactical aids and that's still something I make use of on nearly every shot.

Only real disappointment is the coop maps. Two for survival and two for overwatch. Seriously, that's it Rebellion? Give me 4 at least :(
Well remember, the entire campaign is able to be played co-op.

bender

What time is it?
I've been seeing lots of positive reviews for this game, and have enjoyed what I've played of the Sniper series in the past. Someone push me over the edge to get this on PS4, I just need a slight nudge.

Where the levels in V2 felt like they were funneling you down a corridor from one objective to the next, the levels in V3 are massive and contain multiple routes to the main/optional objectives and you can tackle those in any order you see fit. Stealth is also a lot more viable.

You can still inhale to steady your shots - I'm running with zero tactical aids and that's still something I make use of on nearly every shot.

Well remember, the entire campaign is able to be played co-op.

I know, I'm just a sucker for survival maps and non story related coop. I checked out the description of what's in the season pass too and it looks like we aren't going to get any more.

eastx

This game is amazing!

Sniper Elite V2 had the same problem. They will sell more maps as DLC, but then you have the issue of finding people with which to play them.

Psykoboy2

You may have already figured this out but you can't actually reach that location physically.

Lima

Where the levels in V2 felt like they were funneling you down a corridor from one objective to the next, the levels in V3 are massive and contain multiple routes to the main/optional objectives and you can tackle those in any order you see fit. Stealth is also a lot more viable.

While it is true that the levels are bigger and more open there still is a general path they want you to take through the level. This is very noticable in the third mission.

This game is fucking rad. Halfway through the second level now. 3D looks great too, although day levels work better than night levels.

WOW! Where did this game come from?! I’ve heard of the series before but didn’t even entertain the idea of checking it out until I heard Jeff talking about this new iteration on this week’s Bombcast.

Since I had 40 dollars in credit on PSN due to a licensing glitch with Trials Fusion, I thought , ”10 bucks – why the hell not?”. I’m soooo glad that I didn’t miss out on this. So much fun – even with the less than stellar production and occasional glitch it’s already got it’s hooks in me. Also, it’s interesting to play this after Ground Zeroes as there is some definite similarities in general feel and mechanics. Not that this can really compete on the production side with Kojima’s epic but the snipe mechanics more than make up for that (love that Three Kings camera!).

Really looking forward to digging into this more in the coming weeks!

I find this game is most fun with rookie AI, forgiving bullet physics and all tactical assistance disabled.

Immersive, yet not too frustrating

Double D

Some of these levels are absolutely enormous and take forever to complete. I think it was the third mission I played last night and took me damn near 3 hours. And saving anywhere has really made this much better than the last game. I find myself doing a lot more experimental things this time around now that I don't have to worry about screwing up and replaying entire sections.

Some of these levels are absolutely enormous and take forever to complete. I think it was the third mission I played last night and took me damn near 3 hours. And saving anywhere has really made this much better than the last game. I find myself doing a lot more experimental things this time around now that I don't have to worry about screwing up and replaying entire sections.
The checkpoints aren't bad either. So much so that I haven't done a manually save once yet.

Accomplishing an objective is a checkpoint save, but the game also seems to just save in the background periodically as well. Haven't been left hanging by the system once.

genbatzu

Do you think that was the issue with the amazing spiderman 2 on the xbox one?
Do you know why that is about having ti replace the old data? Does not sound very logical!

sorry I don't know. All I know is, that all patches are bigger on the Xbox One, sometimes a lot bigger. so it's not Rebellions fault (at least not only their fault). and it has something to do how patches work on Xbox One (it's not optimal, because it changes "not patched files", too, afaik.
also, this topic: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=842750

Wolfenstein for example had a 5GB patch, was 7.2GB on Xbox One, Forza had 5GB Patch, SE3 10GB, on PS4 ~1.5GB

What is up with the matchmaking on PS4? I'm trying to enter my first MP match and it keeps spitting out error after error once it's done loading.

Edit: nevermind I saw the MP update post in the LiveArea. I appreciate that a dev is using the space well (digital manual too!).

Okay, playing on Xbox One. I paused and saved the game (halfway through mission three), then went to get something to eat. Powered down my system with the game in the pause menu and the system in stand-by.

I come back and turn the system on and resume playing. I instantly notice the auto-save icon in the upper right corner just keep spinning throughout the next 20 or so minutes. After a while I end up dying from an enemy I don't see. But only the game isn't letting me load my last save. I quit the game and reload, I click A in the start menu and it won't load. It just keeps spinning. I quit and retry and same thing.

I quit and go to Manage Game, and the Saved Game section on the right just keeps loading and won't show the save. So I think my save got somehow corrupted when going into stand-by. No other game has ever done this to me when putting it in stand-by.

I would have been super pissed if I had bought the game, but I only rented it from GameFly and wasted 3 and a half hours. I really don't feel a need to go back through from the beginning if I can somehow delete my corrupted save. It just isn't that good to me to want to start back from the beginning.

Man, it's always so disappointing in these games when the 'authentic' difficulty just isn't tweaked right.The idea of permadeth, no assists, limited ammo, etc. is awesome, but when you have a computer that hears every step you do, can see through walls, glitch through walls...it just kills it. And it's such a shame because this game was built for this mode.

Especially after you already beat it on another difficulty, it kills the replay value.

What is up with the matchmaking on PS4? I'm trying to enter my first MP match and it keeps spitting out error after error once it's done loading.

Edit: nevermind I saw the MP update post in the LiveArea. I appreciate that a dev is using the space well (digital manual too!).

Yea I'm having this issue as well. I just read the little letter to fans right there under the game icon saying they're on it, really cool. Hope this gets fixed asap.

Yea I'm having this issue as well. I just read the little letter to fans right there under the game icon saying they're on it, really cool. Hope this gets fixed asap.
According to the official forum, they've managed to isolate the issues and are working to release the patch as soon as they can (which requires QA testing)... so it'll be a few days at least.

U2NUMB

Received game from Best Buy via the mail... case is cracked bad but disc looked ok.. well it will not even recognize the disc in my X1... Can I take this into a BB store and exchange it?

Received game from Best Buy via the mail... case is cracked bad but disc looked ok.. well it will not even recognize the disc in my X1... Can I take this into a BB store and exchange it?

They should but don't be surprised if they don't, it all depends on if your local Best Buy is a dick or not. Recently a Best Buy told me that they're weren't allowed to exchange a blu-ray even though the packaging was severely damaged because the disc was still fine. They've gotten pretty bad lately but just tell them the disc wasn't working for you if you're that worried, they can't argue with that.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
This game is fucking awesome. Co-op is so much fun. Mission 4 on co-op was amazing especially towards the end of the level.

Damn MP seems dead as hell already on Xbone.

That sucks, I just played one of the best Team Deathmatch games I've played in a long time with any game. Reminds me of playing Ghost Recon 2 on my OG Xbox, just sneaking around and trying to figure out the best way to kill everyone. Having a ball playing on PS4.

Top Bottom