• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sniper Elite 3 |OT| "In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it.”

Help! I'm in Siwa Oasis, I climbed to the top of the scaffolding and now I'm supposed to tag one of three officers that get together and talk. Every time I tag the one that's talking about taking the journal it ends in a mission fail, what am I supposed to be doing?

Same problem here :(

Been doing a second playthrough on Authentic. I bitched about it a couple pages ago, but man, this game is so fun, glitches and frustration and all. The feeling of beating one of these levels on Authentic, after literally spending more than 2 hours trying not to get killed, picking bad guys off one by one, escaping situations with little health...it's up their with the highs only a game like Dark Souls can give.

If I keep having as much fun as I'm having currently, this will be one of my favorites this year.

Over 7 hours in and still on the 4th level. Taking my time and playing with no tactical assistance, really immersive.

Haven't touched any multiplayer- how's the co-op?

valkyre

I decided to buy this game based on the awesome screenshots I saw, the positive feedback on stealth gameplay and the great IQ and 60 fps it has!

Now please tell me that you can disable some of the UI if you want to...

Toxa

I decided to buy this game based on the awesome screenshots I saw, the positive feedback on stealth gameplay and the great IQ and 60 fps it has!

if you like stealth game you gonna like this one
but the game need some patch it's bit glitchy

glaurung

I know you can turn off the inventory display on PC. No idea about consoles.

I know you can turn off the inventory display on PC. No idea about consoles.
Pretty sure you can turn everything off except for the inventory (currently equipped item) on consoles. The mini-map, visibility indicator, relocation bar, enemy observation icons, aiming diamond and enemy tagging are all considered tactical assists, and you can tweak a custom difficulty to set those assists to 'all', 'moderate' or 'none'.

valkyre

Pretty sure you can turn everything off except for the inventory (currently equipped item) on consoles. The mini-map, visibility indicator, relocation bar, enemy observation icons, aiming diamond and enemy tagging are all considered tactical assists, and you can tweak a custom difficulty to set those assists to 'all', 'moderate' or 'none'.

Best news ever :)

So if I understand this correctly I dont have to play the game on the insane (authentic) difficulty level to get rid of the map, I just have to make my own custom difficulty, for example sniper elite setting with all the assists I want?

I know I am asking a lot but do you know what "Moderate" assists include?

Toxa

Best news ever :)

So if I understand this correctly I dont have to play the game on the insane (authentic) difficulty level to get rid of the map, I just have to make my own custom difficulty, for example sniper elite setting with all the assists I want?

indeed

Psykoboy2

Help! I'm in Siwa Oasis, I climbed to the top of the scaffolding and now I'm supposed to tag one of three officers that get together and talk. Every time I tag the one that's talking about taking the journal it ends in a mission fail, what am I supposed to be doing?

Just finished this yesterday. It's apparently random each time but my guy was coming in from the right. Either way, look for the one with a bandage on his hand (explained in the cut scene just prior). After tagging and the conversation, you'll have to wait for him to get the intel (the objective will change so you'll know), then you can kill him. Be prepared, as with previous levels, just doing the mission objectives doesn't mean the level is over.

MisterTom

Neo Member
This game is some good old fashioned fun. I think it actually benefits from the simple context and the lack of cinematic interruptions. You just get thrown into a big area with some guns and some stuff to destroy and people to take out. As is my constant gripe with every shooter ever made, I wish there were more types of grenades (Why is it that every shooter character can hold an RPG, a rifle, and two pistols but only a handful of friggin grenades??? Someone please make me a shooter with 20 different kinds of grenades, and a backpack that I can stull full of em. I'll take 20 grenades over and RPG with 3 rockets any day. How hard can that be?!) But yeah, on the whole this game is fun as hell (especially with a friend), and the ragdoll physics are hilarious and fit the game well.

Is the
Factory
the last level? I really hope it's not but it sounds awfully final. Really enjoying the game but I was hoping it'd have a few more stages.

Psykoboy2

Is the
Factory
the last level? I really hope it's not but it sounds awfully final. Really enjoying the game but I was hoping it'd have a few more stages.

Until DLC, yeah, that's it.

Missions are open from the start of the game, at least for co-op you can play the final mission even if you've only ever played the first mission.

Not that important, but I finished chapter 8 and it gave me the trophy for completing that chapter but not the trophy "Regular Soldier" for completing the game on normal difficulty. Has this happened to anyone else?

Toxa

it took me almost 14 hours to beat the game (I was trying to play sneaky) + it has some interesting replay value

Zeth

I'm really having a hard time finding a good video setting on my system. Vsync seems too laggy and unlocking gives me bad tearing. I guess I should try capping the framerate with riva/afterburner. And I'm on a 2gb 680 with 1440p native monitor so I should start with everything turned down I guess.

thenexus6

I think I might get this once it goes on sale. Question I have never played a Sniper Elite game, so for this game in particular is there alot of stealth gameplay?

MJLord

Got this for £12 on trade in at Game. Checked the website when I got home and trade in value for exchange is £19. I hope the price holds for TLOU.

Considering picking this up. Sometimes I like dumb games like the old Conflict: Desert Storm games, and this seems to fit that bill.

All I want is good graphics, good guns, and hard 3rd-person gameplay. Will I be happy?

Psykoboy2

All I want is good graphics, good guns, and hard 3rd-person gameplay. Will I be happy?

Guns are good, but they are limited. 3 different hand guns, 3 (or is it 2) different machine guns + rocket launcher, and 4 sniper rifles.

As for being hard, you can turn off pretty much ALL the assists and I think you'll get plenty of difficulty out of that.

Anung

Un Rama
Managed to finally get an online game working. Thought it was very fun playing no crossing. Much better than I expected.

I've got an extra hunt the grey wolf DLC code for PS4 for the north American version.

899H-4LNM-7JFD

Sorry, don't know how to hide it so that its a quote to reveal code.

I've got an extra hunt the grey wolf DLC code for PS4 for the north American version.

899H-4LNM-7JFD

Sorry, don't know how to hide it so that its a quote to reveal code.
Wow, I actually managed to snag it before anyone else. Thank you so much!

Oh and for future reference, it's the email tags that are used for hiding text in quotes. Just put whatever you want to hide into the part and close it out. :) thanks again!

Wow, I actually managed to snag it before anyone else. Thank you so much!

Oh and for future reference, it's the email tags that are used for hiding text in quotes. Just put whatever you want to hide into the part and close it out. :) thanks again!

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to remember that next time I have a spare code. Enjoy! The DLC is pretty fun, although very short.

I've been watching videos and am tempted to buy on PS4, but I can't help but think of the decidedly mediocre reviews. I'm not fooled by 9s and 10s and all that you expect the latest AAA title to receive by default, but the consensus just seems rather low on this. If anyone could explain why I should ignore all that, then please do, bearing in mind that I've never played the previous games in the series.

Lima

It's a B tier game make no mistake. A game that is fun it what it does and is also correctly priced.

It's a game in a segment that everyone thought was dead. It has excellent sniping and stealth gameplay despite all the jank and new ideas that other companies should incorporate in their stealth games.

Most importantly though it is fun and offers a decent amount of content for $49.

Psykoboy2

Any impressions on the 3D on PS4?

Looking to pick this up just for that.

Well, the menus were fantastic in 3D. But gameplay for a little bit was confusing as whenever I would use empty lung, I'd see two reticles. Took me a few times to get used to that and clear it up. The daytime levels use the 3D very well and you sometimes get a wonky bullet when it slows down and does the cam shot, but the few times are worth it for the other times it doesn't cause it's awesome.

The night time levels (there's about 4) aren't very good in 3D.

Anung

Un Rama
Finished the campaign before. Very enjoyable. I liked how it was light on the story with it basically just setting up the environments. I wish there was a few more nighttime missions. I'm going to do a collectible run next then an Authentic run which I consider the true run.

Just a very fun B-tier game with heaps of replay value. It's also making the wait MGSV less unbearable.

Between this and Wolfenstien its good to see WW2 back and its surprising in the face of AAA games that these are both some of my favorites this year.

14632479095_7a450a29b3_b.jpg

Notice this tank was running over its own men. One got stuck in the tracks.

Lima

At what point will the 'Hunt the Grey Wolf' pre order DLC be available to purchase?

No one knows. Rebellion doesn't care. 505 games is the reason the season pass is not available on consoles as they have no intention to make it available. A clusterfuck just like with V2 on consoles. Took like 3 months until the pre-order DLC became available.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This sprint animation gives Mass Effect 3's a run for its money...

Top Bottom